A new Apple patent reveals the company is looking into ways to integrate more gesturing into the iPad and other devices, a la Tom Cruise's holographic glove-controlled system in Minority Report.
Twitter and other social media sites are sparking an international debate over whether the forums serve the public good or make it easier to incite disorder.
The America Invents Act has been widely described as the biggest reform of American patent law in some 50 years, and that's certainly true. An overhaul of our patent system was long overdue, and there have been high hopes as to what it could accompli...
It has been widely accepted by both employees and organizations that what you say on a social media networkabout a company where you're working could get you fired. A recent decision by a judge in New York may have changed all that after he ordered f...
Google has acquired more than 1,000 patents from IBM in order to pad its portfolio. Patent litigation is a theater of the absurd in most cases, but it has evolved into a standard business practice among tech companies, and Google needs more fodder to...
In Australia, if you have a social networking account such as Facebook or Twitter, or if you use Internet message boards or forums, you are bound by this country's laws when you post material or express yourself. This issue has become readily apparen...
Thank God Steve Jobs isn't on the Supreme Court.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Dead Rising 4 impressions: 'Tis the season to BBQ zombies with your flaming sword
- GoDaddy offers $1.8 billion for Host Europe
- Cisco Meraki sees the hotel of the future in its new Wi-Fi gear
- Tell-tale toys open bedroom door to strangers, consumer groups warn
- Surface Book i7 vs. MacBook Pro: Fight!
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCProject Manager - Software DevelopmentQLD
- CCPerformance Test AnalystSA
- CCBusiness Analyst - Finance - CBDNSW
- FT2nd Line Engineer - CitrixVIC
- FTSENIOR DEVELOPERQLD
- TPDrupal Developer - Immediate startQLD
- TPMicrosoft Dynamics CRM Developer/ AdministratorWA
- FTRuby On Rails DeveloperVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - BI, DataNSW
- CCSenior Windows Automation Specialist (Integration)VIC
- CCMainframe Developer (with ASP.NET)VIC
- CCRecruitment ConsultantVIC
- CCAdobe AEM DeveloperVIC
- CCExchange EngineerNSW
- CCSecurity LeadNSW
- TPIT Project OfficerVIC
- CCSME Senior Financial Planner - MelbourneNSW
- CCSenior Automation TesterSA
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Wealth ManagementVIC
- CCCloud Solution Architect - Financial Services - Continuous IntegrationNSW
- CCIT Service Design Analyst- ITSMNSW
- FTSecurity Operations EngineerNSW
- CCExecutive AssistantACT
- CCWeb Services Tester- Test AnalystNSW
- CCAgile Project ManagerQLD