A new Apple patent reveals the company is looking into ways to integrate more gesturing into the iPad and other devices, a la Tom Cruise's holographic glove-controlled system in Minority Report.
Twitter and other social media sites are sparking an international debate over whether the forums serve the public good or make it easier to incite disorder.
The America Invents Act has been widely described as the biggest reform of American patent law in some 50 years, and that's certainly true. An overhaul of our patent system was long overdue, and there have been high hopes as to what it could accompli...
It has been widely accepted by both employees and organizations that what you say on a social media networkabout a company where you're working could get you fired. A recent decision by a judge in New York may have changed all that after he ordered f...
Google has acquired more than 1,000 patents from IBM in order to pad its portfolio. Patent litigation is a theater of the absurd in most cases, but it has evolved into a standard business practice among tech companies, and Google needs more fodder to...
In Australia, if you have a social networking account such as Facebook or Twitter, or if you use Internet message boards or forums, you are bound by this country's laws when you post material or express yourself. This issue has become readily apparen...
Thank God Steve Jobs isn't on the Supreme Court.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Lavabit developer has a new encrypted, end-to-end email protocol
- Apple sues Qualcomm over patent licensing and $1B in payments
- New details emerge about Intel's super-small Euclid computer for robots
- Microsoft will soon end Office 2013 distribution through Office 365
- Researchers propose a way to use your heartbeat as a password
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - Vendor Transition - ApplicationsNSW
- FTEnterprise Account ManagerACT
- CCIT Risk Specialist (Assurance) - TelcoVIC
- FTTechnical Content CoordinatorVIC
- FTDevOps EngineerNSW
- CCChange ManagerQLD
- CCSenior IT Domain Specialist - Integration - CloudVIC
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- CCWeb Architect - Ruby, Python, Java, Open sourceNSW
- FTPMO Coordinator - Permanent Opportunity!NSW
- CCVMWare Automation ArchitectACT
- CCMid-level Java Developer / Programmer (Contract) Finance CBDNSW
- FTChange ManagerACT
- FTTSM SpecialistNSW
- CCJunior BI / Data Analytics Analyst - contract - SydneyNSW
- FTCheckpoint Firewall and VPNNSW
- CCProcess Business Analyst X 3VIC
- FTInformation Security ManagerNSW
- FTSalesforce Technical Business AnalystQLD
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperVIC
- FTSoftware Support SpecialistQLD
- FTService Desk Analyst / Security EngineerQLD
- FTLinux Systems EngineerQLD
- PTVBA Analyst Programmer - Permanent / Part Time (3 days per week)QLD