U.S. President Barack Obama signed into law Wednesday the E-Label Act that will make it easier for vendors to display regulatory approvals electronically rather than etch them physically on the exterior of the device.
U.S. lawmakers want their counterparts in the European Parliament to back away from a resolution that would split up Google by separating search engines from other online services.
U.S. Internet users have a limited understanding of what net neutrality means and what protections are contained in company privacy policies, according to the results of a national survey by the Pew Research Center.
A U.K. counterterrorism bill would require ISPs to retain IP addresses in order to identify individual users of Internet services.
European Union legislation on net neutrality is under threat, as Italy is seeking to water down a draft already adopted by the European Parliament, a digital rights group has warned.
Thanks to revelations about government spying, a revamped version of a 15-year-old agreement governing the exchange of personal data between EU and the U.S. still seems a long way off, threatening the ability of American companies to do business in E...
The U.S. National Security Agency is planning no major changes in its domestic telephone records collection program after a bill to rein in those efforts failed in the Senate this week, the agency's director said.
The U.S. Senate has voted against a bill that would rein in the National Security Agency's bulk collection of telephone records within the country, possibly killing any NSA reforms until next year.
The administration of U.S. President Barack Obama urged the Senate to pass the USA Freedom Act, which would curb the bulk collection of telephone records by the National Security Agency in the wake of widespread concerns about potential violations of...
The new European Commission is taking a fresh look at the long-planned overhaul of EU telecom legislation, possibly making fundamental changes to legislative proposals for strict net neutrality rules -- a move that would be welcomed by operators.
Several technology and digital rights groups have praised a U.S. Senate move toward passing legislation that would rein in the National Security Agency's domestic telephone records collection program.
Legislation in the U.S. Congress that would allow states to collect sales tax on Internet sales will not pass before the end of the year because of opposition from Speaker of the House John Boehner.
A proposed Internet sales tax that could see new life in Congress in coming weeks would cost U.S. online shoppers $24 billion in its first year, according to a study from an anti-tax group.
The conflict between snooping governments seeking to defeat encryption and users demanding ever more robust privacy tools has turned into an arms race -- and it's time for arms control talks, Microsoft's general counsel said on Tuesday.
Hungary has ditched for now plans for an Internet tax after tens of thousands of people took to the streets last week protesting what they called an absurd and crippling measure.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Critical flaw lets hackers take control of Samsung SmartCam cameras
- Facebook launches fake news reporting tool in Germany
- Shopping goes high tech and hassle-free with new Intel technology
- Raspberry Pi's new computer for industrial applications goes on sale
- Social networks let the rich buy influence
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- CCMicrosoft Active Directory ArchitectACT
- FTLead Drupal Developer - Gold CoastQLD
- TPService Deliver ManagerQLD
- CCData Modeller and Business Analyst - Integration ProjectQLD
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantWA
- TPDynamics CRM Technical Delivery ManagerVIC
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantSA
- CCReporting AnalystVIC
- TPWeb DeveloperSA
- FTChief ArchitectVIC
- FTSalesforce Technical Business AnalystQLD
- CCLead DevOps Architect l AWS- Cloud- Linux- Puppet Ansible- JIRA-DatadogNSW
- CCTester (6 month contract) FinanceNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Functional Consultant Advanced Warehouse ManagementSA
- TPProject Manager - SAPQLD
- CCJava Developer/ Guidewire Developers - Brisbane basedNSW
- CCProgram Support OfficerNSW
- CCSenior Developer - Appian/PegaVIC
- FTNode.js/API DeveloperNSW
- FTNational Manager of Security - We are looking for a strong Leader - Syd CBDNSW
- TPJava DeveloperSA
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager - Queensland TerritoryQLD