U.S. President Barack Obama signed into law Wednesday the E-Label Act that will make it easier for vendors to display regulatory approvals electronically rather than etch them physically on the exterior of the device.
U.S. lawmakers want their counterparts in the European Parliament to back away from a resolution that would split up Google by separating search engines from other online services.
U.S. Internet users have a limited understanding of what net neutrality means and what protections are contained in company privacy policies, according to the results of a national survey by the Pew Research Center.
A U.K. counterterrorism bill would require ISPs to retain IP addresses in order to identify individual users of Internet services.
European Union legislation on net neutrality is under threat, as Italy is seeking to water down a draft already adopted by the European Parliament, a digital rights group has warned.
Thanks to revelations about government spying, a revamped version of a 15-year-old agreement governing the exchange of personal data between EU and the U.S. still seems a long way off, threatening the ability of American companies to do business in E...
The U.S. National Security Agency is planning no major changes in its domestic telephone records collection program after a bill to rein in those efforts failed in the Senate this week, the agency's director said.
The U.S. Senate has voted against a bill that would rein in the National Security Agency's bulk collection of telephone records within the country, possibly killing any NSA reforms until next year.
The administration of U.S. President Barack Obama urged the Senate to pass the USA Freedom Act, which would curb the bulk collection of telephone records by the National Security Agency in the wake of widespread concerns about potential violations of...
The new European Commission is taking a fresh look at the long-planned overhaul of EU telecom legislation, possibly making fundamental changes to legislative proposals for strict net neutrality rules -- a move that would be welcomed by operators.
Several technology and digital rights groups have praised a U.S. Senate move toward passing legislation that would rein in the National Security Agency's domestic telephone records collection program.
Legislation in the U.S. Congress that would allow states to collect sales tax on Internet sales will not pass before the end of the year because of opposition from Speaker of the House John Boehner.
A proposed Internet sales tax that could see new life in Congress in coming weeks would cost U.S. online shoppers $24 billion in its first year, according to a study from an anti-tax group.
The conflict between snooping governments seeking to defeat encryption and users demanding ever more robust privacy tools has turned into an arms race -- and it's time for arms control talks, Microsoft's general counsel said on Tuesday.
Hungary has ditched for now plans for an Internet tax after tens of thousands of people took to the streets last week protesting what they called an absurd and crippling measure.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Shared malware code links SWIFT-related breaches at banks and North Korean hackers
- Senate proposal to require encryption workarounds may be dead
- Acer's Windows 10 Switch hybrids priced to battle Chromebooks
- Seagate 8TB NAS drive: Review
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCApplication Server AdminACT
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Canberra | Major exciting White Paper projectsNSW
- CCMessaging Engineer - BAU SupportNSW
- FTNetwork SpecialistVIC
- FTPega Operation Engineer - CEPNSW
- CCOracle Siebel Administrator - JULY STARTACT
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- FTApplication Support EngineerVIC
- FTSoftware DeveloperSA
- FTPeoplesoft CRM DeveloperWA
- FTBI / Business Intelligence Designer / ArchitectNSW
- CCProject Manager - Healthcare DomainSA
- FTRelease Planning LeadVIC
- FTSenior Team Leader Applications SupportACT
- FTNV1, NV2 Network Engineers | Permanent role with diverse Defence projectsACT
- CCDigital Project ManagerVIC
- CCData Center ArchitectNSW
- CCSolutions Architect - SAP HANAQLD
- FTTechnical Specialist EmailACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (MS SQL Server/C#.NET)160520/AP/vmtAsia
- CCSenior Service Desk ManagerNSW
- CCMultiple Oracle Fusion SOA/BPEL Developer OpportunitiesVIC
- FTHadoop Operation EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW