Two members of the British Parliament are seeking judicial review of a surveillance law that extends U.K. data retention rules and was rushed through by the government.
The U.K. government has pushed through a new surveillance law to replace one a European Union court said interfered with fundamental privacy rights -- but, say civil rights campaigners, the new law is worse than the one it replaces.
The U.S. Senate has passed a bill that would allow mobile phone customers to unlock their devices for the purposes of switching carriers.
The U.S. House of Representatives has voted to permanently extend a ban on Internet access taxes that Congress has temporarily extended three times over the past 16 years.
The U.S. Senate Judiciary Committee has voted to approve legislation that would allow mobile phone owners to unlock their devices for the purposes of switching carriers.
The U.S. Senate Intelligence Committee approved Tuesday a cybersecurity bill that would pave the way for sharing of information between government and the private sector on security threats.
A U.S. government privacy oversight board has found that the National Security Agency and other agencies have not misused the provisions of the country's overseas surveillance program, but cautioned that certain aspects of the program, such as the in...
A new California law removes a ban on using currencies other than the U.S. dollar, which is intended to accommodate the growing use of alternative payment methods such as bitcoin.
U.S. lawmakers got a report card on Friday: they've been graded by the Electronic Frontier Foundation and other groups on whether they are effectively reining in the National Security Agency's surveillance programs.
Congress needs to do more to protect private data of U.S. citizens from government surveillance and the misuse of technology by companies, a top Microsoft executive said Tuesday.
The U.S. National Security Agency has been allowed to continue to collect phone records in bulk of people in the country, while lawmakers consider new legislation that would block the agency from collecting the data.
Two U.S. senators have introduced legislation aimed at expanding the amount of Wi-Fi spectrum available in a band now designated for intelligent vehicle communications, satellite service and amateur radio.
The U.S. House of Representatives has voted to limit the National Security Agency's ability to search U.S. records, after a similar provision was stripped out of a bill intended to rein in the agency.
A U.S. House of Representatives committee has approved a bill that would permanently extend a moratorium on broadband access and Internet-specific taxes that Congress has temporarily extended three times over the past 16 years.
A group of U.S. lawmakers have introduced legislation that would prohibit broadband providers from charging Web content generators for priority traffic management.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- NYT says Moscow bureau was targeted by cyberattack
- Linksys Max-Stream AC1900+ WiFi Range Extender RE7000 review
- Open source 25-core chip can be stringed into a 200,000-core computer
- MIT is dragging hard-wired network chips into the agile era
- Inside AMD's development of the Zen CPU
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCIT Assistant (Infrastructure/PC LAN Support) 160825/ITA/864Asia
- CCContract Programmer (Data/File Backup Technology) 160826/P/283Asia
- CCStrategic Planning OfficerACT
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE) 160901/P/601Asia
- FTMicrosoft Enterprise Project Management - Technical ConsultantACT
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Windows 7/8/10) 160901/SA/212Asia
- CCUNIX/ LINUX SERVER ENGINEERVIC
- CCSenior Embedded Software EngineerWA
- FTSAP Ariba Consultant/ManagerVIC
- CCData Migration SpecialistSA
- CCData Centre Solutions Architect - Red Hat, Wintel & VMware - CanberraACT
- CCSystem Analyst - NetIQNSW
- CCDB2 Database AdministratorACT
- FTTM1 Solution DesignerNSW
- FTIT ManagerNSW
- CCChange Communications ManagerNSW
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/XML) 160818/P/872Asia
- CCData AnalystACT
- CCSenior IT Project ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Advisor, Web and Social Media Channels- SEO & AnalyticsNSW
- FTChange Management Specialist - IT Service ManagementNSW
- CCProject Manager- Radio CommunicationsVIC
- CCOracle DBA with Solaris experienceNSW
- FTIT Manager - Infrastructure Strategy and OperationsNSW
- CCSAP ABAP DeveloperNSW