Controversial rules to maintain copyright levies on mobile devices and potentially extend them to cloud services were passed by the European Parliament on Thursday.
Europe's app providers were Thursday warned by authorities that many of them are breaking consumer protection laws.
A quarter of European Union Internet users have experienced content blocking a survey revealed on Thursday.
Bitcoin's wild volatility, and its ability to facilitate crimes such as money laundering, make it dangerous to Americans and it must be banned, U.S. Senator Joe Manchin said Wednesday.
Online businesses will have easier access to the European Union’s 507 million consumers thanks to a new law passed by the European Parliament on Wednesday.
The U.S. House of Representatives has passed a bill that would allow mobile phone users to unlock their devices and switch carriers, overriding a 2013 decision by the Library of Congress to make the practice illegal.
Some former supporters of a mobile phone unlocking bill in the U.S. Congress have withdrawn their support for the legislation because of a new provision added to it as it heads to the House of Representatives floor for a vote.
The European Union is considering helping to fund a $185-million project to lay an undersea cable from Brazil to Europe.
The U.S. Congress should pass a law requiring businesses that have lost customer information in cyberattacks to notify those affected, U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder said Monday.
U.S. cellphone carriers were offered a technology last year that supporters say would dramatically cut incidents of smartphone theft, but the carriers turned it down, according to sources with knowledge of the proposal.
The U.S. White House will launch new efforts aimed at combating abusive patent lawsuits, including a website to assist defendants of patent lawsuits brought by so-called patent trolls.
High-tech device theft has claimed its latest victim in San Francisco -- and he's just 2 years old.
Organizers of The Day We Fight Back, a protest Tuesday against U.S. National Security Agency surveillance programs, called the effort a "tremendous success," with nearly 100,000 phone calls made to U.S. lawmakers and 185,000 people signing up to send...
Pressure on the cellphone industry to introduce technology that could disable stolen smartphones has intensified with the introduction of proposed federal legislation that would mandate such a system.
European politicians have pledged to defend net neutrality and data privacy in a bid to get elected.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- If Tim Burton made a robot, this would be it
- Here's how NASCAR is digitizing race day
- Should Microsoft release a successor to Surface 3?
- Researchers steal data from a PC by controllng the noise from the fans
- The 'summer of AI' is here, this startup chief says
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTPractice Lead - InsuranceNSW
- CCSoftware Biomedical Solutions ArchitectSA
- CCSenior Project Delivery ManagerACT
- CCIT Finance Systems Process AnalystNSW
- FTEnvironment ManagerVIC
- FTManager of Infrastructure ServicesVIC
- FTTechnical Lead - Tier 1 Customer interfaceACT
- CCBusiness System Analyst - FinanceVIC
- CCWeb/Mobile Developer (Android)WA
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160621/P/866Asia
- CCWAN Contract ManagerACT
- CCAnalyst Programmer - C# FocusNSW
- CCBiztalk developerNSW
- FTVoice ArchitectNSW
- CCIT Change Coordinator / AnalystNSW
- CCSAP ABAP - Senior developerVIC
- CCEngineering Lead - InfrastructureVIC
- CCDigital Business AnalystVIC
- FTProject Manager - Insurance experience neededNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160629/AP/793Asia
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160628/P/133Asia
- CCOracle iLearning Business AnalystNSW
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Java Developer (Java/Maven/AEM)NSW
- CCScrum Master with Java development backgroundACT