Spain's data protection authority has fined Google €900,000 (US$1.2 million) and ordered the company to fall in line with the country's data protection rules without delay.
The top five U.S. mobile operators have agreed to let their customers unlock their devices and move to another provider under pressure from the U.S. Congress and Federal Communications Commission.
The French Senate has passed a law giving government officials warrantless access to live login and user location data from ISPs and websites, angering Internet companies and human rights groups.
Europe’s top legal advisor ruled on Thursday that the blanket retention of data, even to combat crime, is incompatible with fundamental rights.
Nokia has obtained permission to sell its Indian handset factory after it agreed to deposit funds as security until a dispute with the country's tax authorities is resolved.
Privacy groups have asked the U.S. FCC to declare that even "anonymized" phone records have to be protected under a privacy rule that restricts carriers from sharing customers' information without their consent.
European data protection supervisors say they are not ready for the proposed new E.U. data protection law leaving multinationals like Facebook and Google to face 28 different legal frameworks.
Negotiators on a secret trade treaty, which includes controversial intellectual property proposals, could not meet their year-end deadline for an agreement this week at Singapore.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission should limit the amount of spectrum that giant mobile carriers AT&T and Verizon Communications are able to buy in an auction scheduled for mid-2015, some U.S. senators said Tuesday.
Eight top tech companies in the U.S. have asked governments around the world to reform surveillance laws and practices, and asked the U.S. to take the lead.
Explosive revelations in the past six months about the U.S. government's massive cyber-spying activities have spooked individuals, rankled politicians and enraged privacy watchdogs, but top IT executives aren't panicking -- yet.
The U.S. House of Representatives has passed a bill meant to discourage so-called patent trolls from filing multiple infringement lawsuits or demanding licensing deals over the objections of some groups representing small inventors.
The U.S. government has a huge image problem worldwide as it promotes Internet freedom on one hand and conducts mass surveillance on the other, potentially creating major problems for U.S. technology companies, a former official with President Barack...
Microsoft moved to reassure business and government customers worldwide that it is committed to informing them of legal orders related to their data, and will fight in court any 'gag order' that prevents it from sharing such information with customer...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Okta's API access product targets the trend toward services
- Say hello to old friend Dell Technologies on Sept. 7
- DARPA sees IoT and AI as weapons to dominate wars
- BitTorrent client is found distributing Mac-based malware
- Get started in data science: 5 steps you can take online for free
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCiOS DeveloperVIC
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- CCLinux EngineerVIC
- CCMurex Developers x 2NSW
- CCFunctional & System Integration Test AnalystACT
- FTContracts ManagerVIC
- FTTest AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Technology Specialist - Back-end Java/JEENSW
- CCCA Gen Model Management-Oracle RDBMS, Oracle Solaris, TTNNSW
- CCSAP Program Manager - CBDNSW
- FTData AnalystsWA
- FTIT ManagerAsia
- CCIT Assistant (Infrastructure/PC LAN Support) 160825/ITA/864Asia
- CCSenior Business Analyst - TaxVIC
- FTUNIX, LINUX , VM System AdministrationNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Datacentre Maintenance) 160817/SA/993Asia
- FTProject ManagerACT
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/Oracle) 160822/AP/259Asia
- CCSoftware test engineer - Telecom/NetworkACT
- CCTest Environment ManagerNSW
- CCSystems Analyst (IT Security/Network & Systems) 160826/SA/652Asia
- CCContract Programmer (Data/File Backup Technology) 160826/P/283Asia
- CCComms project specialistVIC
- CCChange AnalystNSW