Spain's data protection authority has fined Google €900,000 (US$1.2 million) and ordered the company to fall in line with the country's data protection rules without delay.
The top five U.S. mobile operators have agreed to let their customers unlock their devices and move to another provider under pressure from the U.S. Congress and Federal Communications Commission.
The French Senate has passed a law giving government officials warrantless access to live login and user location data from ISPs and websites, angering Internet companies and human rights groups.
Europe’s top legal advisor ruled on Thursday that the blanket retention of data, even to combat crime, is incompatible with fundamental rights.
Nokia has obtained permission to sell its Indian handset factory after it agreed to deposit funds as security until a dispute with the country's tax authorities is resolved.
Privacy groups have asked the U.S. FCC to declare that even "anonymized" phone records have to be protected under a privacy rule that restricts carriers from sharing customers' information without their consent.
European data protection supervisors say they are not ready for the proposed new E.U. data protection law leaving multinationals like Facebook and Google to face 28 different legal frameworks.
Negotiators on a secret trade treaty, which includes controversial intellectual property proposals, could not meet their year-end deadline for an agreement this week at Singapore.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission should limit the amount of spectrum that giant mobile carriers AT&T and Verizon Communications are able to buy in an auction scheduled for mid-2015, some U.S. senators said Tuesday.
Eight top tech companies in the U.S. have asked governments around the world to reform surveillance laws and practices, and asked the U.S. to take the lead.
Explosive revelations in the past six months about the U.S. government's massive cyber-spying activities have spooked individuals, rankled politicians and enraged privacy watchdogs, but top IT executives aren't panicking -- yet.
The U.S. House of Representatives has passed a bill meant to discourage so-called patent trolls from filing multiple infringement lawsuits or demanding licensing deals over the objections of some groups representing small inventors.
The U.S. government has a huge image problem worldwide as it promotes Internet freedom on one hand and conducts mass surveillance on the other, potentially creating major problems for U.S. technology companies, a former official with President Barack...
Microsoft moved to reassure business and government customers worldwide that it is committed to informing them of legal orders related to their data, and will fight in court any 'gag order' that prevents it from sharing such information with customer...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Frazzled or burnt out? You need downtime but where do you find it?
- The network matters for storage innovation
- IDC: Smartwatch sales decline for the first time
- SurveyMonkey: Pokémon Go popularity may have already peaked
- Michelle Rowland to lead broadband fight for Labor
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCExcel Modelling specialist/consultant.VIC
- CCIOS DeveloperWA
- CCSenior Business Analyst with Product Management experienceVIC
- CCIP & Fixed LeadVIC
- FTAX Lead Functional ConsultantWA
- FTChange and Release ManagerVIC
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerACT
- CCSenior Tester - Automation / Telecommunications (Urgent)NSW
- CCSenior Architect - CloudVIC
- CCProject Manager/ Sr PMO Analyst - Consulting BackgroundNSW
- FTPortfolio Project Governance AnalystNSW
- CCAsp.Net Developer with Angular, SQL,Twitter Bootstrapper, CSSNSW
- CCAgile Scrum MasterACT
- CCIP Test Analyst - Baseline Security ClearanceVIC
- FTSenior Architect, Marketing and Campaign ManagementNSW
- CCVendor ManagerVIC
- FTDesktop Specialist - Application PackagingACT
- FTAppian DeveloperVIC
- CCField Engineer - POSTAS
- FTAgile Coach / Training & Support ManagerNSW
- CCDesktop Support AnalystNSW
- CCMicrosoft Business Intelligence (BI) ConsultantNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/Oracle) 160801/AP/258Asia
- CCService Lead - Cloud hosting and storageNSW