European Union leaders have given themselves room for manoeuvre in implementing new data protection laws, while pledging to introduce them in a “timely” fashion.
New patent reform legislation introduced in the U.S. House of Representatives Wednesday aims to make it more difficult for so-called patent trolls to file infringement lawsuits.
European Union leaders will meet to discuss the digital economy for the first time on Thursday.
The European Parliament voted on Wednesday to suspend a major data sharing agreement with the United States following the ongoing scandal over alleged National Security Agency surveillance.
The European Parliament's civil liberties committee voted Monday night to allow profiling of "pseudonymous" data, but digital rights groups say that safeguards to protect data are not sufficient.
A European politician has called proposals to place copyright levies on cloud computing services a complete disaster.
Some Dutch telecommunications and Internet providers have exploited European Union laws mandating the retention of communications data to fight crime, using the retained data for unauthorized marketing purposes, according to a report by the Dutch Min...
Despite disagreements, Europe’s justice ministers Monday agreed “in principle” that companies doing business in the European Union will have to answer only one data protection authority rather than 28.
The U.S. government demanded from email service provider Lavabit access to all user communications and a copy of the encryption keys used to secure web, instant message and email traffic for its investigation into several Lavabit user accounts, accor...
Massive data collection and surveillance programs at the U.S. National Security Agency are necessary to keep the nation safe from terrorism, several senators said Wednesday.
The U.S. Congress must act quickly on legislation that would make electronic data collection efforts by the U.S. National Security Agency more public, a group of tech firms, civil liberties groups and other organizations said Monday.
A U.S. surveillance court has given the National Security Agency no limit on the number of U.S. telephone records it collects in the name of fighting terrorism, the NSA director said Thursday.
Apple may be forced to abandon its proprietary 30-pin dock charger if European politicians get their way.
A bipartisan group of four U.S. lawmakers has introduced legislation that will prohibit bulk collection of phone records of Americans.
Software to help small businesses comply with an U.S. Internet sales tax would cost many businesses tens of thousands of dollars to roll out and nearly as much to maintain each year, according to a study released by opponents of the proposed tax.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft fixes 36 flaws in IE, Edge, Office, Windows, .NET Framework
- Facebook has just 60 days to change its terms and conditions for French users
- Coming to HP's consumer laptops: Smoother video with AMD's FreeSync
- Identity thieves obtain 100,000 electronic filing PINs from IRS system
- Opera gets acquisition offer from Chinese consortium that includes Qihoo
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCJava Development EngineerNSW
- FT.NET DeveloperVIC
- FTBusiness Analyst - Superannuation FundVIC
- CCInformation ArchitectQLD
- CCService ModellerNSW
- CCContracts ManagerNSW
- CCFront End Developer - MelbourneVIC
- CCDigital ProducerNSW
- CCTest ManagerQLD
- CCSAP HR Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCMVC .Net Developer- Hurstville NSW 2220NSW
- CCHybris Developer - Global ConsultancyNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst (SCADA / CSI)VIC
- CCContract System Analyst (SQL/.net) 160205/SA/561Asia
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCContract System Engineer (Lotus Domin) 160129/SE/vccAsia
- CCSystems AnalystQLD
- CCMid to Senior Level User Experience SpecialistsNSW
- CCSenior Change Analyst - Multiple RolesVIC
- CCProgram Support ManagerQLD
- CCOpen_5pm 5th February_Program ArchitectACT
- FTOracle System Integration Engineer - CANBERRASA
- CCProgram Master SchedulerNSW
- CCInformatica ExpertNSW