A crowdsourced Finnish draft law that aims to reduce penalties on small-scale private downloading from peer-to-peer networks reached enough backers to be discussed by the parliament.
The Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court has renewed permission to the U.S. government for a controversial program to collect telephone metadata in bulk.
U.S. lawmakers plan to resurrect national data breach notification legislation that has failed to pass in past sessions of Congress, but some advocates don't agree on what should be included in a bill.
A Dutch draft law that aims to introduce a decryption order that forces suspects to decrypt data on their computers could violate the European Convention on Human Rights (ECHR), said the Dutch Council for the Judiciary on Wednesday.
The U.S. Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court has ordered the government to declassify its secret order and parties' briefs in a case which Yahoo expects will demonstrate that it resisted government directives.
Yahoo wants the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court to order the public release of a secret order in a 2008 surveillance dispute, as it will demonstrate that the Internet company "objected strenuously" to government directives.
A privacy group has filed legal action against the U.K. government for conducting mass surveillance on citizens across the U.K., including accessing data about people located in the U.K. that is collected and passed on by the U.S. National Security A...
Several members of the Icelandic Parliament introduced a bill Thursday that seeks to grant Icelandic citizenship to U.S. National Security Agency document leaker Edward Snowden, but the bill won't be discussed until September.
Cyber criminals will face tougher penalties across the European Union, under new rules adopted by the European Parliament on Thursday.
Applications for asylum or asylum assistance were submitted on behalf of former U.S. National Security Agency contractor Edward Snowden to a number of countries including China, Russia, and India, whistle-blower site WikiLeaks said Tuesday.
E.U. politicians at both national and European level on Monday demanded that the United States answer allegations of spying on European Union embassies, while others called for asylum for NSA whistleblower Edward Snowden.
A group of 26 U.S. senators, cutting across party lines, are seeking "public answers" on whether the National Security Agency collected in bulk other data such as credit card purchases and financial information in the U.S. besides phone records.
A U.S. House of Representatives committee has approved legislation that would more than double the current skilled immigration H-1B cap with the focus on science and technology workers.
German publishers will disappear from Google News on Aug. 1 unless they opt in to the service as Google seeks to comply with a new German law. But the publishers said on Monday that this is not good enough, they want a share in Google's revenue.
Two U.S. lawmakers have introduced a bill that would prevent the Department of Justice from prosecuting people for violating terms of service for Web-based products, website notices or employment agreements under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act (CFA...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- NYT says Moscow bureau was targeted by cyberattack
- Linksys Max-Stream AC1900+ WiFi Range Extender RE7000 review
- Open source 25-core chip can be stringed into a 200,000-core computer
- MIT is dragging hard-wired network chips into the agile era
- Inside AMD's development of the Zen CPU
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSenior Solutions Architect - SIEMVIC
- CCInfrastructure Deployment ManagerVIC
- CCSystems Analyst (IT Security/Network & Systems) 160826/SA/652Asia
- FTProject ManagerNSW
- CCSolutions Architect - Office 365/Sharepoint/Project OnlineQLD
- CCDesktop Support AnalystNSW
- CCCommunications ManagerVIC
- CCIBM ODM Expert (Operation Decision Manager)ACT
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE) 160901/P/601Asia
- CCAnalyst Programmer/Snr. Analyst Programmer 20160817/vedAsia
- FTProject Administrator (Agile)WA
- CCTest Environment ManagerNSW
- CCService Desk AnalystNSW
- CCSAP Program Manager - CBDNSW
- CCMurex Developers x 2NSW
- CCSenior Embedded Software EngineerWA
- CCActive Directory Consultant/ArchitectWA
- FTRelease & Configuration Manager | Defence intelligence application | NV1 clearedACT
- CCIT Assistant (Infrastructure/PC LAN Support) 160825/ITA/864Asia
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net DeveloperVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (IT Application/Web) 160825/AP/183Asia
- FTDB2 Systems ProgrammerWA
- CCSolution Architect - Data MigrationVIC
- CCImplementation ManagerVIC
- FTApplications Support / Systems Administrator | DefenceACT