Legislation intended to end the U.S. National Security Agency's bulk collection of domestic telephone records is drawing opposition from several unlikely sources, digital and civil rights groups.
A new bill in Congress would require law enforcement agencies to get court-ordered warrants before targeting U.S. residents in searches of electronic communications collected by the National Security Agency.
If the waiter was rude, your hotel room dirty or the plumber sloppy, you should be able to say so online without fear of getting slapped with a lawsuit.
French lawmakers have taken a first step toward allowing real-time surveillance of Internet and mobile phone use in France.
Internet pioneer Vinton Cerf argued Monday that more users should encrypt their data, and that the encryption back doors the U.S. FBI and other law enforcement agencies are asking for will weaken online security.
Google could face increased scrutiny from Wednesday, when the European Commission outlines its strategy to make European companies more competitive online, and to simplify online shopping and movie streaming across borders.
The U.S. Congress should kill the section of the Patriot Act that has allowed the National Security Agency to collect millions of phone records from the nation's residents, instead of trying to amend it, a civil liberties advocate said Friday.
A U.S. Congress committee has overwhelmingly approved legislation designed to stop the bulk collection of U.S. phone records by the National Security Agency.
U.S. Senator Rand Paul, a Republican presidential candidate, has introduced legislation that would overturn the Federal Communications Commission's recent net neutrality rules.
Protests over a controversial international trade agreement have taken on new urgency in recent days, after U.S. lawmakers introduced legislation that would give President Barack Obama's administration broad authority to negotiate the deal.
A bipartisan group of U.S. lawmakers has reintroduced legislation aimed at ending the National Security Agency's bulk collection of telephone records across the country.
The European Commission plans sweeping rule changes to better combat online terrorism and cybercrime.
When Facebook expanded into a new campus in late March, the company released a stunning aerial photo of the site captured from a drone. In taking the picture, Facebook almost certainly broke two FAA regulations governing drone use.
The U.S. will take another step towards regular commercial flight of drones on Friday when the Federal Aviation Administration closes a two-month public comment period on proposed rules.
For the second time in two days, the U.S. House of Representatives has voted to pass a bill that would give legal protections to companies that share cyberattack information.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's "Holoportation" will virtually beam you into another room
- Russia claims it foiled a cyber attack from a foreign spy service
- Intel's silence on Optane SSDs raises questions about launch and focus
- Random iPhone 6s shutdowns due to faulty battery component, Apple says
- Researchers find a way bypass the iOS activation lock
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSoftware DeveloperQLD
- CCNetwork Solution Designer/Architect - Finance - Contract - SydneyNSW
- FTTechnology Portfolio - Investment AnalystACT
- FTTelecom Riggers and TechniciansNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCIT Systems AnalystVIC
- CCApplication Specialist (Cerner)QLD
- FTDesktop Support EngineerNSW
- FTPractice AdvisorACT
- CCSales Support AssociateNSW
- FTCampaign AnalystVIC
- FTTraining CoordinatorNSW
- TPProject ManagerVIC
- CCCloud Automation EngineerACT
- CCNetwork AnalystNSW
- FTBusiness Reporting AnalystNSW
- FTMarketing Automation DeveloperVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst-Shared Service Contact Centre or Call CentreNSW
- FTFull Stack PHP DeveloperQLD
- FTSystem AdministratorNSW
- CCWeb DeveloperVIC
- CCLearning & Development SpecialistNSW
- CCAndroid Technical Lead (Work From Home 2-3 Days)QLD
- CCNetwork Security EngineerNSW
- CCIngres DeveloperSA