Android and Samsung Electronics were the big winners in the tablet market last year, as sales grew by 68 percent, according to market research company Gartner.
Lenovo's first Yoga tablet, introduced late last year, met with bad reviews, so the company hopes the second time's a charm with the Yoga Tablet 10 HD+.
Despite some shadows cast by Lenovo and Cisco earnings, IT stocks have had a strong week overall, with Nasdaq tech stocks reaching their highest point since the third quarter of 2000, during the dot-com bust.
Lenovo reported a 30 per cent jump in its net profit for the fourth quarter of last year, with its earnings driven by a record number of devices shipped.
Apple's iPhone shipments to China hit a record in the fourth quarter, but the company was pushed out of the top five smartphone makers in the country by strong demand for phones from local vendor Xiaomi.
Positive earnings news from the likes of Facebook, Google and Apple helped boost tech shares in what was otherwise a gloomy week for the markets.
Google reported a healthy 17 percent increase in revenue for the fourth quarter, even as sales by its Motorola mobile unit, which the company is selling to Lenovo, dropped again from the same period last year.
PC makers have often struggled when it comes to selling smartphones, but China's Lenovo could be on the cusp of making a breakthrough. The company's US$2.9 billion deal to buy Motorola Mobility from Google might end up paving the way for Lenovo to be...
Lenovo is once again restructuring its operations, this time to create two new business groups devoted to its enterprise products and to developing a software ecosystem.
If you had any doubts about the popularity of smartphones, new numbers suggest they've notched a significant milestone. The global smartphone market topped 1 billion shipments for the first time in 2013, covering about one-seventh of the world's popu...
Lenovo Group has agreed to buy IBM's x86 server hardware business and related maintenance services for $US2.3 billion.
IBM has revived efforts to sell its low-end server business and Dell, Fujitsu and Lenovo are all lining up to take a look, according to reports this week.
ThinkPad loyalists will have to do without the traditional caps lock and function keys on the brand's newest laptop.
Prices of 4K monitors have fallen to under $US800, finally coming within the reach of users who didn't want to spend thousands on displays.
More PC makers are bringing Android to desktops as users increasingly turn to the Internet for apps, storage and entertainment.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- New Microsoft beta lets workers build their own apps without coding
- Intel is on the verge of exiting the smartphone and tablet markets after cutting Atom chips
- 5 (more) reasons to be a data scientist
- FCC wireless auction hits spectrum target, paving way for fast, reliable 5G
- IBM offers advice on how to secure blockchain in the cloud
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSolution Architect (Guidewire Billing Center)NSW
- CCTechnical ExpertVIC
- CCSenior AGILE Business AnalystNSW
- FTMs Dynamics Nav Support Analyst- Level 1/2WA
- FTTechnical Writer - Trading SystemsNSW
- FTSupplier Relationship ManagerVIC
- CCChange Lead/Senior Change Analyst - Transformation projectNSW
- CCMarketing Communications Specialist - Global IT CompanyNSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (Network & System Mgt.) 160509/ITA/281Asia
- CCContract ManagerVIC
- FTAzure ArchitectQLD
- CCLead Administrator - Network and SecurityNSW
- CCSenior Analyst, Applications - GDWVIC
- CCProject Specialist - Contact Center and Unified CommunicationsVIC
- CCProject Coordinator (urgent) - Digital - Blue chip companyNSW
- CCOperational Team LeadVIC
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- FTDigital Project ManagerVIC
- FTDesktop SupportNSW
- CCSCCM - SCOM - AD Systems EngineerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle/Unix) 160509/AP/395Asia
- CCWebOps EngineerVIC
- CCInfrastructure Assurance OfficerACT
- FTProject Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- CCSenior Oracle DBA- Part time 20 hoursWA