Lenovo reported a 30 per cent jump in its net profit for the fourth quarter of last year, with its earnings driven by a record number of devices shipped.
Apple's iPhone shipments to China hit a record in the fourth quarter, but the company was pushed out of the top five smartphone makers in the country by strong demand for phones from local vendor Xiaomi.
Positive earnings news from the likes of Facebook, Google and Apple helped boost tech shares in what was otherwise a gloomy week for the markets.
Google reported a healthy 17 percent increase in revenue for the fourth quarter, even as sales by its Motorola mobile unit, which the company is selling to Lenovo, dropped again from the same period last year.
PC makers have often struggled when it comes to selling smartphones, but China's Lenovo could be on the cusp of making a breakthrough. The company's US$2.9 billion deal to buy Motorola Mobility from Google might end up paving the way for Lenovo to be...
Lenovo is once again restructuring its operations, this time to create two new business groups devoted to its enterprise products and to developing a software ecosystem.
If you had any doubts about the popularity of smartphones, new numbers suggest they've notched a significant milestone. The global smartphone market topped 1 billion shipments for the first time in 2013, covering about one-seventh of the world's popu...
Lenovo Group has agreed to buy IBM's x86 server hardware business and related maintenance services for $US2.3 billion.
IBM has revived efforts to sell its low-end server business and Dell, Fujitsu and Lenovo are all lining up to take a look, according to reports this week.
ThinkPad loyalists will have to do without the traditional caps lock and function keys on the brand's newest laptop.
Prices of 4K monitors have fallen to under $US800, finally coming within the reach of users who didn't want to spend thousands on displays.
More PC makers are bringing Android to desktops as users increasingly turn to the Internet for apps, storage and entertainment.
It's official: The notebook computer can now see as well as take your picture. Meet the Intel RealSense 3D camera.
Lower pricing hasn't stopped Lenovo from adding a gaggle of new features and innovations to its latest hybrid laptops and tablets.
Lenovo is going beyond smartphones and tablets with Android, putting the operating system in a unique 28-inch 4K smart monitor and a new 19.5-inch all-in-one PC.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- FCC tells ISPs to get customer permission before sharing sensitive info
- No need to shoot down drones! Many of them can now be hijacked
- Qualcomm agrees to buy NXP for over $37 billion
- Privacy group shoots legal arrow at Privacy Shield
- Samsung's smartphone share hit by Note7 debacle, stiff competition
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Technical ArchitectWA
- PTService Management AnalystSA
- CCSalesforce DeveloperNSW
- FTApplications ManagerVIC
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Telco - Melbourne CBDVIC
- TPBusiness Process AnalystNSW
- FTLua DeveloperVIC
- CCData Warehousing /Business Intelligence DeveloperACT
- CCMid level Business AnalystQLD
- FTMultiple Permanent Project Manager rolesACT
- FTSenior CISCO Network EngineerQLD
- TPSalesforce DeveloperQLD
- CCSolutions ArchitectACT
- FTData AnalystVIC
- CCPOS EngineerNSW
- FTCRM ConsultantWA
- CCFront End Developer with Django or Rails exp.NSW
- FTERP Data Migration ConsultantNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Margin ProjectsNSW
- TPICT Procurement OfficerQLD
- CCWintel Technical LeadVIC
- FTBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCHuman Sciences Professional - DefenceSA
- CCiOS Developer - 6 Month ContractNSW