Lenovo has entered the Windows 8.1 tablet market with the 8-inch Miix2 tablet, which starts at US$299 and has an Intel Atom chip code-named Bay Trail.
Accidentally leaked user manuals from PC maker Lenovo show that the company is preparing a new laptop that runs Android instead of Windows.
Dell's XPS 10 tablet and Lenovo's Yoga 11 hybrid with Windows RT have been discontinued, but the companies will provide customers free upgrades to the latest Windows RT 8.1 when the OS is released later this month, according to representatives from t...
Acer's latest 11.6-inch C720 Chromebook will sell for US$249.99, which is the lowest price yet in the newest wave of thin-and-light laptops with Google's Chrome OS.
The PC market remained weak in the third quarter, but the expiration of Microsoft's support for Windows XP in April next year may have prompted users to look at upgrades, which eased the slump.
Consumers outside of China don't think of Lenovo much beyond laptops, but in that country the company has a wide reach including a growing line of mobile devices. Explore the hidden -- and larger -- side of Lenovo in this slideshow
Lenovo sells most of its smartphones in China but it hopes to break out internationally with a new line of handsets called the Vibe.
Lenovo introduced a new wave of Yoga hybrids, shaving off size and weight so the devices are lighter when used as tablets, and faster in laptop mode.
Chinese search company Baidu has entered the country's smart TV market with a product powered by its video site iQiyi.
Lenovo has introduced the ThinkPad T440, a laptop that comes with two batteries to provide up to 17 hours running time, the company said Tuesday.
The market share of Apple's iPad fell dramatically in China during the second quarter as a result of competition from Android tablets made by little-known "white box" vendors.
Lenovo's sales of tablets and smartphones were higher than that of PCs in its fiscal first quarter, reflecting the company's efforts to reduce its dependence on the ailing PC business.
Worldwide smartphone sales to end users accounted for nearly 52 per cent of mobile phone sales in the second quarter, surpassing feature phones sales for the first time as a result of growth in Asian countries like China, Gartner said.
After a closed beta for a few months, Lenovo has opened for public preview its Reach consumer Cloud service, which is a "Cloud desktop" service through which applications can be launched without downloading and installing them locally on mobile devic...
Lenovo will open its Reach consumer Cloud service beta to anyone who wants to sign up later this quarter in North America, which could boost the Chinese company's hardware sales by tying that portfolio to the cloud service.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel, Microsoft going long distance with Cortana on Windows 10 PCs
- Obama orders review of election hacks as Trump doubts Russia's role
- Ransomware attacks against businesses increased threefold in 2016
- Attackers use hacked home routers to hit Russia's 5 largest banks
- US mulls rules for airlines that plan in-flight Wi-Fi voice calls
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCTraining Manager - SAP HR/ PayrollNSW
- CCOrganisational Change Manager - Wealth ManagementNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCMedical Imaging Solution ArchitectQLD
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- FTStorage Systems Administrator l HDS & EMC TechnologiesNSW
- FTSoftware / Web Development ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- CCProject Manager (Network Roll-Out)NSW
- CCInfrastructure Architect - CloudVIC
- TPWordpress DeveloperWA
- CCSoftware DeveloperNSW
- CCSecurity/Server EngineerNSW
- FTLevel 1/2 Service Desk AnalystWA
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Wealth ManagementNSW
- FTLead Front End DeveloperVIC
- FTLevel 3 Managed Services ConsultantNSW
- CCSenior Windows Systems Engineer- MCSE- SCOM, SCCMNSW
- FTInfrastructure AnalystQLD
- FTPractice AdvisorNSW
- CCService Desk AnalystNSW
- CCTechnical AnalystACT
- FTChief Security Officer l CISSP l ISO27001NSW
- TPSenior System Engineer - WintelVIC
- CCTechnical Writer - TelcoVIC