Staff cuts at Lenovo and HTC, a failed patch from Google, and Samsung's latest flagship smartphones all highlight how tricky selling Android smartphones has become.
LG Electronics is joining the high-quality audio delivery business with the launch of a service that can be used with premium smartphones.
Many smart phone manufacturers preload remote support tools on their Android devices in an insecure way, providing a method for hackers to take control of the devices through rogue apps or even SMS messages.
The FCC's radiation standards for your smartphone date back to the 1990s. But that's OK. You use a belt clip, don't you?
Too many Android phones are running old software with security flaws, according to Dutch consumer association Consumentenbond, which wants manufacturers to update their phones' software more often, and for longer.
This week the G4 smartphone from LG Electronics starts shipping outside its home country, with arrivals in the U.S. and Europe expected in a couple of weeks. While the smartphone has a great screen and camera, it doesn't get everything right.
A year is a long time in smartphone technology today, so remember if you can the changes that have taken place over the last decade.
The LG Optimus G Pro runs like a sports car engine in the body of a family minivan--an unassuming aesthetic mixed with luxury performance. Provided you can fit it in your hand, this quick, flashy giant might very well be the phone for you.
One of the most buzzed about phones here at Mobile World Congress is LG's Optimus 3D, the first phone to use 3D display technology. Like the Optimus Black and the Optimus 2X, which we saw at Mobile World Congress, the Optimus 3D is powered by a dual-...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- If Tim Burton made a robot, this would be it
- Here's how NASCAR is digitizing race day
- Should Microsoft release a successor to Surface 3?
- Researchers steal data from a PC by controllng the noise from the fans
- The 'summer of AI' is here, this startup chief says
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCData Warehouse Specialist- Power BI, SSAS DBA, Azure, SQLNSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (IT Security/IT Audit) 160621/ITA/361Asia
- CCRelease & Configuration Manager | Defence intelligence application | NV1 clearedACT
- CCBusiness Data AnalystNSW
- CCField Network Engineer - GSM Networks.VIC
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCProject Manager - IT SecurityNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160620/AP/623Asia
- FTSystems Analyst - ERPNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCTechnical Content ProducerVIC
- FTContent Manager - Migration projectNSW
- CCBiztalk developerNSW
- CCTechnical OfficerACT
- CCBusiness Analyst, LifeNSW
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160621/P/866Asia
- FTLead Tableau Reporting ConsultantNSW
- CCSystems Administrator with developer skills | Defence intelligence | NV2 clearedACT
- CCTechnical Writer | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- FTBusiness Analyst/Data Analyst Capability ManagerVIC
- FTIT Project ManagerAsia
- FTIT Service Desk AnalystNSW
- FTIT Support Analyst (Renewal Contract)Asia
- CCIT Technical Writer- understanding in RDMBS,Web server, StorageNSW
- CCLevel 1 Helpdesk SupportNSW