Staff cuts at Lenovo and HTC, a failed patch from Google, and Samsung's latest flagship smartphones all highlight how tricky selling Android smartphones has become.
LG Electronics is joining the high-quality audio delivery business with the launch of a service that can be used with premium smartphones.
Many smart phone manufacturers preload remote support tools on their Android devices in an insecure way, providing a method for hackers to take control of the devices through rogue apps or even SMS messages.
The FCC's radiation standards for your smartphone date back to the 1990s. But that's OK. You use a belt clip, don't you?
Too many Android phones are running old software with security flaws, according to Dutch consumer association Consumentenbond, which wants manufacturers to update their phones' software more often, and for longer.
This week the G4 smartphone from LG Electronics starts shipping outside its home country, with arrivals in the U.S. and Europe expected in a couple of weeks. While the smartphone has a great screen and camera, it doesn't get everything right.
A year is a long time in smartphone technology today, so remember if you can the changes that have taken place over the last decade.
The LG Optimus G Pro runs like a sports car engine in the body of a family minivan--an unassuming aesthetic mixed with luxury performance. Provided you can fit it in your hand, this quick, flashy giant might very well be the phone for you.
One of the most buzzed about phones here at Mobile World Congress is LG's Optimus 3D, the first phone to use 3D display technology. Like the Optimus Black and the Optimus 2X, which we saw at Mobile World Congress, the Optimus 3D is powered by a dual-...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel, Microsoft going long distance with Cortana on Windows 10 PCs
- Obama orders review of election hacks as Trump doubts Russia's role
- Ransomware attacks against businesses increased threefold in 2016
- Attackers use hacked home routers to hit Russia's 5 largest banks
- US mulls rules for airlines that plan in-flight Wi-Fi voice calls
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCService Desk Consultant - SYDNEY ROLE (baseline clearance)ACT
- FTEnterprise Account ManagerVIC
- FTSOE Team LeaderWA
- CCCapacity and Performance AnalystVIC
- CCChange Manager (Office365) required for leading digital innovator in SydneyNSW
- FTService Desk Team LeaderNSW
- CCTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / Kronos)NSW
- CCTechnical Change Manager- Electrical Network EngineeringSA
- TPWeb DeveloperSA
- CCBusiness Analyst-Shared Service Contact Centre or Call CentreNSW
- TPSenior Engineer-UNIXVIC
- FTSAP BW ConsultantACT
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- FTSenior Project Manager - Large Site relocation projectNSW
- TPSAP FICO Functional AnalystQLD
- FTSecurity Sales SpecialistVIC
- CCLotus Notes DeveloperNSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCProcess Project Manager X 2VIC
- FTTraining & Implementation Manager, PlatformNSW
- CCSenior Windows Automation Specialist (Integration)VIC
- CCSenior UX/UI DesignerNSW
- CCSenior Integration DeveloperSA
- FTUI DeveloperVIC
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC