It's becoming easier to buy 4K TVs, but content available at that resolution is still rare. While LG is making a big splash with new 4K OLED TVs, it is also trying to solve the content problem so the TVs are worth the price.
LG Electronics' upcoming smart TVs will run an upgraded version of webOS that promises better performance and more customization.
The race to upgrade smartphones to Android 5.0 (also known as Lollipop) is on, with LG Electronics and Motorola vying with Google's Nexus devices for bragging rights.
It's been a big week for smartwatches and the next few days could be even bigger if rumors are true and Apple enters the battle for the wrist on Tuesday.
Smartphones introduced at the IFA trade show in Berlin this week highlight trends that will grow more apparent over the next year, including the use of 64-bit processors, LTE-Advanced and super high-resolution screens.
An executive from LG Electronics has been questioned by German police for allegedly vandalizing the doors of Samsung Electronics washing machines at a store in Berlin, according to South Korea's Yonhap news agency.
Smartwatches will be in the spotlight at the IFA trade show in Berlin, with LG, Motorola, Samsung and Sony all keen to demonstrate their new products are what consumers want.
New smartphones expected to bow at the IFA show in Berlin next week will likely show that makers are taking a step back from larger screen sizes and emphasizing better design.
LG is waiting for the right time to exit the plasma TV business, a move that would leave almost no major companies making the flat-screens.
The G3 Stylus from LG Electronics doesn't come close to its big brother, the G3, on performance. But LG is hoping the pen-enabled smartphone will attract budget buyers with its big screen and 13-megapixel camera.
LG Electronics is bringing features from its more expensive smartphones into the hotly contested low-end segment of the market.
LG Electronics is planning to show three monitors at IFA in Berlin, including a curved ultrawide model and a new 4K display.
The first large-scale analysis of a fundamental type of software known as firmware has revealed poor security practices that could present opportunities for hackers probing the "Internet of Things."
The majority of Android devices currently in use contain a vulnerability that allows malware to completely hijack installed apps and their data or even the entire device.
The G3 has boosted LG's smartphone shipments to record levels and helped reverse three quarters of losses at its phone division, the electronics giant said Thursday.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- GeForce Now vs. GeForce Now: Nvidia's Shield and PC streaming services are wildly different
- Microsoft’s standing to sue over secret US data requests in question
- Microsoft kills Cache, its note-taking experiment with Evernote-Google Keep aspirations
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 15014 officially adds ebook support
- Data shows Tesla vehicle crashes dropped 40% with Autopilot
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- CCBusiness and Change Deployment LeadVIC
- CCTechnical Project ManagerNSW
- FTChange ManagerACT
- TPTest ManagerQLD
- FTLinux Systems EngineerQLD
- FTLife/400 Developers / Programmers - Permanent - North Ryde areaNSW
- CCApplication Programmer - Software - Geospatial and Industrial EnterpriseVIC
- CCTechnical Business Analyst - Infrastructure - VirtualizationNSW
- CCNetwork Security Specialist - Palo Alto Firewall ExpertVIC
- CCJava Developer/ Guidewire Developers - Brisbane basedNSW
- FTBusiness Solutions SpecialistNSW
- TPBI Report Developer - SSRS SSIS SSASNSW
- FTTechnology Testing Services ManagerQLD
- FTSenior Java DeveloperNSW
- TPSenior Test Analyst - TAFEQLD
- TPData AnalystVIC
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW
- TPMobile Application DeveloperWA
- FTTechnology Testing Co-ordinatorVIC
- TPSenior Analytics Analyst DeveloperVIC
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- CCBusiness Intelligence (BI) Technical Team LeaderACT