It's becoming easier to buy 4K TVs, but content available at that resolution is still rare. While LG is making a big splash with new 4K OLED TVs, it is also trying to solve the content problem so the TVs are worth the price.
LG Electronics' upcoming smart TVs will run an upgraded version of webOS that promises better performance and more customization.
The race to upgrade smartphones to Android 5.0 (also known as Lollipop) is on, with LG Electronics and Motorola vying with Google's Nexus devices for bragging rights.
It's been a big week for smartwatches and the next few days could be even bigger if rumors are true and Apple enters the battle for the wrist on Tuesday.
Smartphones introduced at the IFA trade show in Berlin this week highlight trends that will grow more apparent over the next year, including the use of 64-bit processors, LTE-Advanced and super high-resolution screens.
An executive from LG Electronics has been questioned by German police for allegedly vandalizing the doors of Samsung Electronics washing machines at a store in Berlin, according to South Korea's Yonhap news agency.
Smartwatches will be in the spotlight at the IFA trade show in Berlin, with LG, Motorola, Samsung and Sony all keen to demonstrate their new products are what consumers want.
New smartphones expected to bow at the IFA show in Berlin next week will likely show that makers are taking a step back from larger screen sizes and emphasizing better design.
LG is waiting for the right time to exit the plasma TV business, a move that would leave almost no major companies making the flat-screens.
The G3 Stylus from LG Electronics doesn't come close to its big brother, the G3, on performance. But LG is hoping the pen-enabled smartphone will attract budget buyers with its big screen and 13-megapixel camera.
LG Electronics is bringing features from its more expensive smartphones into the hotly contested low-end segment of the market.
LG Electronics is planning to show three monitors at IFA in Berlin, including a curved ultrawide model and a new 4K display.
The first large-scale analysis of a fundamental type of software known as firmware has revealed poor security practices that could present opportunities for hackers probing the "Internet of Things."
The majority of Android devices currently in use contain a vulnerability that allows malware to completely hijack installed apps and their data or even the entire device.
The G3 has boosted LG's smartphone shipments to record levels and helped reverse three quarters of losses at its phone division, the electronics giant said Thursday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Google Nexus 6P review: An outstanding multimedia machine
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Modular cellphone kit can be used for IoT and wearables
- Now that AI has mastered 'Go,' are all our jobs next?
- Make a $40 Linux or Android PC with new Raspberry Pi 2 rival
- Researcher finds serious flaw in Chromium-based Avast SafeZone browser
- Dridex banking malware mysteriously hijacked to distribute antivirus program
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCProject Scheduler / Project Manager - IT InfrastructureNSW
- CCMid-level DevOps EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Consultant | Project work | National Systems IntegratorNSW
- FTSenior Linux Sys AdminNSW
- CCAndroid and iOS DevelopersVIC
- CCInformatica ExpertNSW
- CCTechnical Business Analyst (Telecommunications) / Melb CBDVIC
- FTBusiness Analyst AGILENSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCContract Programmer (Crystal Reports/JAVA/SQL) 160129/P/vhs-cAsia
- FTSenior Systems/SAN EngineerNSW
- FTJunior Project Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- FTSOE EngineerQLD
- CCOracle Applications Projects Functional ConsultantSA
- FTTechnical Lead (Java)NSW
- CCIT Security EngineerNSW
- CCSolution Design EngineerACT
- FTProject Coordinator - My Learning Space (Oracle iLearning)NSW
- CCRisk AnalystVIC
- FTAnalyst: Business Intelligence & AnalyticsVIC
- CCFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Test AnalystSA
- CCSystem TesterQLD
- FTPrincipal Business Analyst (SQL/SAS)NSW
- CCInformation ArchitectQLD