The smartwatch sector just got a lot more lively with the arrival of the LG Electronics' G Watch and the Gear Live from Samsung Electronics.
Smartwatch applications can be customized for devices with round displays by tweaking the user interface, Google said as it ramps up efforts to get developers ready for the launch of Android Wear.
As they battle for dominance in the cut-throat smartphone category, vendors are betting that luxury-evoking designs and features such as better front cameras will get consumers to open their wallets.
The G3 from LG Electronics has a jaw-dropping quad-HD screen that will help set it apart from competing products, but some users may be turned off by the fact that it's made of plastic.
LG Electronics has launched the G3, another option for people who want a high-end smartphone. To succeed, the device will have to outcompete products like the Galaxy S5 from Samsung, and it has the hardware specifications to do it.
LG is hoping its new flagship smartphone, the G3, will beat the competition with a screen resolution that's better than full HD and a camera that uses infrared laser to speed up autofocus.
LG, Motorola and Huawei will all launch new smartphones in the next three weeks as they try to chip away at Apple and Samsung Electronics, a task that doesn't seem as insurmountable as it did a year ago.
LG Electronics has sent out invites to an event on May 27, at which the company is expected to launch its next flagship smartphone, the G3, as well as the Android Wear-based G Watch.
LG Electronics has revealed that its upcoming smartwatch G Watch will be water resistant and have an always-on display.
David Jevans, CTO and founder of Marble Security, recently received some bad feedback from a potential customer testing his company's product, which helps organizations manage and secure their mobile devices.
LG Electronics has introduced the third generation of its low-end L series, with three new smartphones that all run Android 4.4 or KitKat.
LG Electronics has launched the G Pro 2, another option for people who want smartphones with supersized screens. To succeed, the device will have to outcompete products like the Galaxy Note 3 from Samsung, and there isn't much to tell the two apart w...
LG Electronics' G Pro 2 has a bigger screen than its predecessor, but improved video and camera features are what the company hopes will make the device stick out from the competition.
LG Electronics posted a consolidated net loss for the fourth quarter of 2013 as earnings were weighed down by a strengthening won and large advertising expenses for its flagship 5.2-inch G2 Android smartphone.
A 77-inch television with a curved screen and resolution four times better than today's high-definition TV will be a centerpiece of LG Electronics' product line-up at next week's International CES in Las Vegas.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 4 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Schneider Electric PLC simulator flaw exposes workstations to hacking
- London is next in line for Google-backed gigabit Wi-Fi
- US transport agency guidance on vehicle cybersecurity irks lawmakers
- Twitter said to plan 300 more job cuts this week
- Lyft customers face potential hack from recycled phone numbers
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPTraining ManagerVIC
- CCWintel Technical LeadVIC
- CCIT Risk ManagerNSW
- FTFront End DeveloperSA
- FTSenior Analyst ProgrammerNSW
- FTSenior Full Stack DeveloperNSW
- CCEMC Storage ConsultantWA
- FTDynamics CRM DeveloperVIC
- FTDynamics CRM DeveloperSA
- CCICT Business AnalystACT
- CCTest Analyst : AutomationNSW
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- FTSenior Functional Analyst - PeopleSoftQLD
- FTNetwork & Gateway EngineerACT
- FTProduct ManagerVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (IT Security) 161018/AP/383Asia
- FTCRM Business Process AnalystVIC
- CCSiteCore CMS Content Support Officer - contract Initially - SydneyNSW
- CCSenior Procurement SpecialistVIC
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Telco - Melbourne CBDVIC
- TPSAP Project ManagerSA
- TPOracle Apex DeveloperWA
- FTWeb DeveloperNSW
- FTDevOps EngineerNSW