The smartwatch sector just got a lot more lively with the arrival of the LG Electronics' G Watch and the Gear Live from Samsung Electronics.
Smartwatch applications can be customized for devices with round displays by tweaking the user interface, Google said as it ramps up efforts to get developers ready for the launch of Android Wear.
As they battle for dominance in the cut-throat smartphone category, vendors are betting that luxury-evoking designs and features such as better front cameras will get consumers to open their wallets.
The G3 from LG Electronics has a jaw-dropping quad-HD screen that will help set it apart from competing products, but some users may be turned off by the fact that it's made of plastic.
LG Electronics has launched the G3, another option for people who want a high-end smartphone. To succeed, the device will have to outcompete products like the Galaxy S5 from Samsung, and it has the hardware specifications to do it.
LG is hoping its new flagship smartphone, the G3, will beat the competition with a screen resolution that's better than full HD and a camera that uses infrared laser to speed up autofocus.
LG, Motorola and Huawei will all launch new smartphones in the next three weeks as they try to chip away at Apple and Samsung Electronics, a task that doesn't seem as insurmountable as it did a year ago.
LG Electronics has sent out invites to an event on May 27, at which the company is expected to launch its next flagship smartphone, the G3, as well as the Android Wear-based G Watch.
LG Electronics has revealed that its upcoming smartwatch G Watch will be water resistant and have an always-on display.
David Jevans, CTO and founder of Marble Security, recently received some bad feedback from a potential customer testing his company's product, which helps organizations manage and secure their mobile devices.
LG Electronics has introduced the third generation of its low-end L series, with three new smartphones that all run Android 4.4 or KitKat.
LG Electronics has launched the G Pro 2, another option for people who want smartphones with supersized screens. To succeed, the device will have to outcompete products like the Galaxy Note 3 from Samsung, and there isn't much to tell the two apart w...
LG Electronics' G Pro 2 has a bigger screen than its predecessor, but improved video and camera features are what the company hopes will make the device stick out from the competition.
LG Electronics posted a consolidated net loss for the fourth quarter of 2013 as earnings were weighed down by a strengthening won and large advertising expenses for its flagship 5.2-inch G2 Android smartphone.
A 77-inch television with a curved screen and resolution four times better than today's high-definition TV will be a centerpiece of LG Electronics' product line-up at next week's International CES in Las Vegas.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Use Android apps on HP's upcoming $189 Chromebook 11 G5
- IRS kills electronic filing PIN feature due to repeated attacks
- Your slice of the Windows 10 birthday cake
- Review: Arcam MusicBoost for iPhone 6 and 6S
- How to reinstall Windows like a pro
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTProject CoordinatorQLD
- CCAEM Backend DeveloperVIC
- CCEngineering Lead - InfrastructureVIC
- CCOracle iLearning Business AnalystNSW
- CCSAP Application Delivery LeadVIC
- CCSenior Performance & Automation EngineerNSW
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Canberra | Major exciting White Paper projectsACT
- FTSystems EngineerNSW
- FTService Delivery Coordinator - ApplicationsNSW
- FTTechnical Services ManagerACT
- FTEnterprise Technology Platform ManagerVIC
- CCField Network Engineer - GSM Networks.VIC
- FTTechnical Support - ImplementationsVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - BPRNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/JAVA/Oracle) 160617/AP/025Asia
- FTLead Tableau Reporting ConsultantNSW
- FTSystems application support analystNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/JAVA/SQL) 160621/AP/082Asia
- CCSystems Engineer | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- CCSenior Java DeveloperACT
- CCOrganisational Change ManagerVIC
- CCSystems Monitoring Specialist - Foglight focusNSW
- CCMidrange Technical ArchitectQLD
- FTFront End .Net Developer (.Net / Angular / Bootstrap)NSW
- CCSystems EngineerNSW