LG positions the V20 as the ultimate phone for content creators, but how does it really stack up? We compare its photos and video to content shot by the Pixel XL, Galaxy S7 and iPhone 7 Plus.
Which phone's camera has the best audio quality and recording controls? We pit the V20 against handsets from Google, Apple and Samsung.
Smartwatches in general are waning as a must-have, which is giving companies pause about again refreshing their lineup before the holiday season.
The V20 is the first smartphone to ship with Android 7.0 Nougat, and comes loaded with multimedia features, and an entirely new battery-swap scheme.
LG's trio of huge new ultrawide displays are brimming with features like FreeSync, USB-C, and Google Cast support—though you can't get all the goodies in a single monitor.
The phone promises 'concert-like audio', though the challenge will be getting buyers to care in a crowded smartphone market.
The follow-up to the V10 will include the same dual-screen and camera features that made the original such an unusual smartphone.
While the modular concept was interesting, the G5 hasn't kept pace with other Android smartphones.
It's part of a batch of four new phones marketed towards those who crave longer battery life and a slim build.
The mystery phone would be able to charge at a distance of up to 7 cm when it launches.
Future smartphones may no longer need a dedicated button for unlocking the device or performing other actions with a fingerprint.
The Nvidia Shield Tablet K1 and Sony Xperia Z2, Z3, and Z3 Compact are part of a hefty batch of updates this week.
Love the manual camera controls. Love the display. The battery-swapping scheme is better than ever, but the LG G5 still has a few problems.
FCC certification or some other technicality could be the culprit, as LG wouldn't rule out bringing it to our shores in the future.
There are modular components inside and out, which will help those who would rather make minor repairs when something goes awry.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's "Holoportation" will virtually beam you into another room
- Russia claims it foiled a cyber attack from a foreign spy service
- Intel's silence on Optane SSDs raises questions about launch and focus
- Random iPhone 6s shutdowns due to faulty battery component, Apple says
- Researchers find a way bypass the iOS activation lock
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSystems Analyst - Web Services.VIC
- CCIT Service Design Analyst- ITSMNSW
- FTSenior PHP DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - SQLNSW
- CCTest Lead : Perth BasedSA
- FTSenior Project Analyst, PMO, WealthNSW
- FTFinancial Planner - Sydney CBDNSW
- CCMedical Imaging Solution ArchitectQLD
- FTTechnology Solutions Architect - CloudVIC
- CCSecurity Architect Finance Contract Sydney CBDNSW
- FTRuby On Rails DeveloperVIC
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkSA
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkQLD
- CCInfrastructure ManagerACT
- TPProject ManagerVIC
- CCJDE ERP Technical ConsultantVIC
- CCLead Systems EngineerNSW
- FTSolution Architect with end user (EUC) computing experienceNSW
- FTSuperannuation Research ConsultantNSW
- FTService Lifecycle Management LeadVIC
- FTSoftware Implementation ConsultantVIC
- FTEnterprise Account ManagerVIC
- CCITSM Process ExpertNSW
- CCInformation Security ConsultantNSW
- CCSecurity SpecialistVIC