The long saga of satellite operator LightSquared's quest to become a cellular carrier may come to an end soon with an auction for the company's assets scheduled for late November.
Mobile startup LightSquared wants the FCC to declare that it has the right to use spectrum next to the GPS band and that navigation device makers do not.
LightSquared has asked the U.S. Federal Communications Commission to affirm its right to use its radio spectrum, possibly setting the stage for a legal battle over interference between its planned mobile data network and GPS receivers.
A second round of tests on LightSquared's proposed land-based mobile data network again showed interference with a majority of GPS devices, except for cellphones, two U.S. federal departments said Wednesday.
LightSquared has submitted a significant new offer to the U.S. Federal Communications Commission in its bid to use frequencies near the GPS band for a cellular data network.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel may use AMD GPUs to challenge Nvidia's rising power
- US Supreme Court leaves gap in Samsung-Apple patent ruling
- Rowland says govt supressing unflattering NBN information
- Malicious online ads expose millions to possible hack
- Creative Live! Cam Sync HD review: Crummy video tanks this HD webcam
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTCitrix AdministratorNSW
- FTSoftware / Web Development ManagerNSW
- FTJava Full Stack DeveloerQLD
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkVIC
- CCPowerOn Mobile SpecialistWA
- CCFacilities Coordinator - Multiple RolesVIC
- CCWeb Analytics Specialist | 6 month contractNSW
- CCMedical Imaging Solution ArchitectQLD
- CCWindows 365 Engineer - start ASAPNSW
- FTSystem AdministratorNSW
- TPProject Coordinator - IT Projects - State GovernmentVIC
- FTTest AnalystVIC
- CCCampaign AnalystVIC
- FTEnterprise Account ManagerNSW
- FTLevel 1/2 Service Desk AnalystWA
- CCERP Benefits ManagerNSW
- CCSecurity Consultant (Perth CBD based)VIC
- CCSenior Windows Automation Specialist (Integration)NSW
- CCWintel Server SupportACT
- CCChange and Project CoordinatorNSW
- FTIT Software Asset Management CoordinatorWA
- CCIngres DeveloperQLD
- TPProject CoordinatorNSW
- CCService Desk AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Technology SpecialistACT