The long saga of satellite operator LightSquared's quest to become a cellular carrier may come to an end soon with an auction for the company's assets scheduled for late November.
Mobile startup LightSquared wants the FCC to declare that it has the right to use spectrum next to the GPS band and that navigation device makers do not.
LightSquared has asked the U.S. Federal Communications Commission to affirm its right to use its radio spectrum, possibly setting the stage for a legal battle over interference between its planned mobile data network and GPS receivers.
A second round of tests on LightSquared's proposed land-based mobile data network again showed interference with a majority of GPS devices, except for cellphones, two U.S. federal departments said Wednesday.
LightSquared has submitted a significant new offer to the U.S. Federal Communications Commission in its bid to use frequencies near the GPS band for a cellular data network.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Pennsylvania man sentenced to 18 months for celeb hacking
- Personal data of 550,000 Red Cross blood donors was breached
- Yet another Apple dongle: Apple Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter now available
- Meet Apple’s complete MacBook lineup
- 7 technologies killed in Apple's new MacBook Pro
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCContract Junior Programmer (PC LAN Support) 161028/JP/203Asia
- TPTraining LeadVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Windows Server) 161031/AP/962Asia
- CCContract Senior Systems Analyst (Oracle/SSADM) 161027/SSA/634Asia
- CCContract Programmer (HTML5/Java/Oracle) 161031/P/551Asia
- FTMobile DeveloperAsia
- FTSenior Service Delivery ManagerVIC
- CCTechnical Consultant MS Dynamics AX - Brisbane BasedQLD
- CC.Net Developer - AzureNSW
- CCSharePoint / Office365 DeveloperVIC
- CCBusiness Process Analyst - Telco (Sydney CBD)NSW
- CCService Now DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior Analyst Programmer Payments GatewayVIC
- CCContract IT Assistant (PC LAN Support) 161114/ITA/411Asia
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantACT
- TPProject CoordinatorNSW
- FTMobile Delivery Manager / Studio LeadNSW
- FTBusiness/Technical Consultant (CPM)QLD
- FTPeopleSoft Business Analyst x 2QLD
- FTBackup Engineer with Commvault ExperienceNSW
- FTProject Manager (HR, Payroll)VIC
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Telco - Melbourne CBDVIC
- TPIT Project Manager - Migration & TransformationNSW
- CCSecurity Data ScientistVIC
- CCProject Manager, SuperannuationNSW