The music industry wants LimeWire to pay up to US$75 trillion in damages after losing a copyright infringement claim. That's right . . . $75 trillion. Manhattan federal Judge Kimba Wood has labeled this request "absurd."
LimeWire will close for good on New Years Eve as it will shut its legitimate online music store permanently.
Less than a month after its "permanent shut down," LimeWire has been resurrected by an anonymous dev team -- and it's better and more powerful than before. Or, well, something like that.
In a major victory for the music industry, a New York federal judge has ordered embattled P2P software maker LimeWire to immediately and permanently stop distributing and supporting its file-sharing software.
In a rare break for LimeWire, the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) last week decided to drop its investigation into the embattled software company's controversial Peer-to-Peer file sharing software.
The demise of the Gnutella client, LimeWire (a study in 2008 showed it was still the number one peer-to-peer client eight years after was first released!), has us reminiscing about some of the popular file sharing applications of the past, which open...
Lime Group Chairman Mark Gorton found himself in the hot seat last week during a hearing on the problem of inadvertent data leaks on peer-to-peer (P2P) networks including his company's, LimeWire. The hearing was held by the House Oversight and Govern...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's "Holoportation" will virtually beam you into another room
- Russia claims it foiled a cyber attack from a foreign spy service
- Intel's silence on Optane SSDs raises questions about launch and focus
- Random iPhone 6s shutdowns due to faulty battery component, Apple says
- Researchers find a way bypass the iOS activation lock
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCWeb Optimisation AnalystWA
- TPIT Document Writer And TrainerVIC
- CCChange Manager (Office365) required for leading digital innovator in SydneyNSW
- FTNetwork EngineerSA
- CCSecurity SpecialistVIC
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerQLD
- CCProduct Manager - TV and MediaNSW
- CCProject Manager :ApplicationsWA
- FTInfrastructure Project ManagerACT
- FTTSM SpecialistNSW
- FTPractice AdvisorVIC
- FTService Lifecycle Management LeadVIC
- CCSenior Project AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- TPFront End DeveloperNSW
- TP.NET Developer (Sitecore)QLD
- FTService Desk Consultant - Entry Level / GraduateOther
- CCAutomation TesterNSW
- FTSenior Architect, Financial MarketsNSW
- TPAnalyst Work Place SupportVIC
- FTSenior Security and Risk ConsultantNSW
- CCIteration Manager / Scrum MasterNSW
- CCHelp Desk Support Engineer - Finance/TradingNSW
- CCSolution Designer - Investment/Trading PlatformNSW
- FTTechnical Solutions Architect -Cloud /Work Location - CanberraNSW