As the Microsoft-LinkedIn deal closes, Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella outlines how Office 365 workers will benefit from mining LinkedIn's store of digital intelligence and making connections, whether for career goals or data analysis.
Jeff Weiner, the CEO of LinkedIn, is very impressed with Snap's Spectacles and the way they've been launched through vending machines that appear in locations for a limited time.
A suspected Russian hacker arrested recently in the Czech Republic was involved in a massive 2012 data breach at LinkedIn, the professional social networking company says.
Finding images, sending messages, and transferring money in third-party apps is about to get a whole lot easier.
Microsoft-LinkedIn deal: ‘Don’t let exciting possibilities blind you to privacy and security concerns’
Forrester analysts discuss implications of the US$26.2 billion acquisition.
Top three questions answered as Redmond prepares to acquire social media giant.
Why did Microsoft buy LinkedIn for $26 billion? Turning Cortana into a powerful business assistant: check out this image from Microsoft's investor presentation, which sums it all up.
Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella shares his reasoning behind Microsoft's LinkedIn acquisition.
Microsoft has made a big bet on LinkedIn, announcing Monday that it will spend nearly US$26.2 billion to purchase the enterprise-focused social networking and recruiting company.
LinkedIn users now have to wait up to three days if they want a list of their contacts on the service.
LinkedIn plans to continue closely vetting researchers for its bug bounty rewards program, saying it reduces the number of distracting erroneous and irrelevant reports.
LinkedIn added Salesforce CRM integration to its Sales Navigator tool last fall, and on Thursday it went a step further by adding ties to Microsoft Dynamics CRM.
Oracle shrugs off Salesforce rumors...House OKs plan to stop NSA phone dragnet...why Ford's CEO is wary of Apple and Google
LinkedIn is acquiring online learning company lynda.com for US$1.5 billion in cash and stock, the social networking site announced Thursday.
In a move that could yield even more automated suggestions and tips for LinkedIn users, the professional network has acquired California startup Refresh, the maker of an app that gathers news and insights about participants in meetings.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel, Microsoft going long distance with Cortana on Windows 10 PCs
- Obama orders review of election hacks as Trump doubts Russia's role
- Ransomware attacks against businesses increased threefold in 2016
- Attackers use hacked home routers to hit Russia's 5 largest banks
- US mulls rules for airlines that plan in-flight Wi-Fi voice calls
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCCloud Automation Engineer. Work Location - CanberraACT
- FTRuby On Rails DeveloperVIC
- CCTechnical Application Specialist (Cerner)QLD
- CCTeam Lead / Senior Software Engineer - C/C++ / Web ServicesNSW
- CCSenior Software Engineer/ArchitectVIC
- TPPHP Programmer - SeniorQLD
- FTEnd Point Security AdministratorACT
- CCMainframe Developer (with ASP.NET)VIC
- CCVBA DeveloperNSW
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- FTTechnology Solutions Architect - CloudVIC
- CCAccount Executive - SMEVIC
- FTIOS Developer (Permanent) Finance CBDNSW
- CCNetwork Support EngineerNSW
- FTGuidewire Developer - Billing's focusSA
- CCService Desk/Helpdesk ConsultantNSW
- FTTechnical Customer SupportQLD
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- FTAgile Business AnalystQLD
- CCWeb Analytics Specialist | 6 month contractNSW
- CCSenior Web Content AuthorACT
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- FTService Desk Team LeaderNSW
- CCConsumer Social Specialist (Digital)VIC
- CCSenior Test EngineerACT