LinkedIn said it is making progress implementing default encryption of data exchanged with its users after a security company alleged some users are still at risk of account takeovers.
LinkedIn will have to face a lawsuit that alleges it damaged the image of users by repeatedly sending emails to their contacts inviting them to join the social network.
Twitter, LinkedIn and eBay quarterly earnings show what Internet companies are up against.
China has been a tough market for U.S. Internet companies to crack, but LinkedIn has high hopes it can buck the trend and increase its user base in the country to as high as 50 million over the next five years.
After exploring the market for years, LinkedIn is formally entering China with a new beta site that will adhere to the nation's strict rules on online censorship.
LinkedIn has beefed up its profile-view analytics feature, revamping its interface, displaying more granular data and providing suggestions for improved visibility on the professional networking site.
LinkedIn users who'd rather not receive job inquiries or other messages, or allow access to their profiles from certain other members, can now block them.
Tech sector earnings this week stirred concerns about growth for social media companies LinkedIn and Twitter but highlighted positive trends for some networking and cloud services companies.
LinkedIn is shutting down Intro, its recently launched mobile service for connecting people over email, that raised security concerns.
LinkedIn is acquiring Bright, a startup that has developed a search technology for better matching job hunters with employers that could help to drive more users to LinkedIn's site.
Google, Facebook and Microsoft were among the technology companies to release new figures Monday showing a rising number of requests for their users' data coming from a secretive U.S. surveillance court.
Technology companies will be allowed to reveal more details about government data requests under a tentative agreement with the U.S. Department of Justice.
Spy agencies including the U.S. National Security Agency have been working together to extract personal information, including location data and address books, from mobile apps as part of a globe-spanning effort to thwart terrorist plots, according t...
Internet services and other organizations hoping to plant a newsfeed on their Web sites, or aggregate their log files, could get a hand from a new pub/sub (publish-subscribe) messaging application called [<a href="http://kafka.apache.org">Kafka</a>, ...
Eight top tech companies in the U.S. have asked governments around the world to reform surveillance laws and practices, and asked the U.S. to take the lead.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Prysm combines displays with SaaS to extend the reach of enterprise collaboration
- Forget Trump and Clinton: IBM's Watson is running for president
- 5G might be your next home broadband service
- Cybercriminals adopt spies' techniques to pull off online bank heists
- Watch hundreds of robots and drones in an amazing choreographed dance
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (MS.Net/Visual Basic) 160129/AP/vtdAsia
- CCJava Developer - Front/ Back EndVIC
- FTInfrastructure Project Manager - NV1 clearance mandatoryNSW
- CCTechnical Lead - .NET TechnologiesNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (Network & System Mgt.) 160205/SA/561Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle/UNIX) 160203/AP/381Asia
- CCContract System Analyst (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160205/SA/881Asia
- CCEnterprise Architect - Network & InfrastructureNSW
- CCDBA (Oracle/SQL)NSW
- CCSAP Basis Admin with JavaACT
- CCAD and FIM EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - ComplianceVIC
- CCSAP CRM Specialist- ABAPACT
- CCIT Service Improvement SpecialistNSW
- CCSolution Design EngineerACT
- FTTechnical Support Engineer, International SoftwareNSW
- FTFront End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamNSW
- CCJava DeveloperVIC
- CCAEM DeveloperNSW
- CCData AnalystNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Crystal Report) 160115/AP/vhsAsia
- CCImmediate iOS Developer RequiredNSW
- CCContract Software Engineer (Crystal Report/JAVA) 160129/SE/vccAsia