Tech stocks had an upbeat week as industry watchers appear to be looking at the positive side of earnings from Internet, consumer electronics and networking companies.
LinkedIn is giving companies the ability to place their marketing content into users' feeds, in a move that expands the site's revenue opportunities.
LinkedIn's domain name was temporarily redirected to a third-party server Thursday, which resulted in a service outage and potentially put user accounts at risk of compromise.
Add LinkedIn to the list of Internet companies trying to make themselves safer from cyberattacks by adding two-step authentication.
On the back end of an earnings season that by many accounts could have been worse, tech investors appeared to be in the mood to celebrate on Friday, sending shares of IT companies higher as key stock-market indexes hit milestone highs.
LinkedIn has revamped the contacts management feature of its professional networking website and packaged the functionality into a new iOS application.
LinkedIn, the world's largest professional networking site, continues to beef up its content publishing platform with its agreement to acquire Pulse, which makes a mobile news aggregation, reader and content distribution application.
Amazon may be building a Kindle smartphone on a custom version of Android to be launched in the second half of 2013.
How to tell if your Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn efforts are paying off
LinkedIn has revamped its search engine with changes intended to make it easier for members to find information on the business networking site, whose volume of content has increased and grown more diverse in recent years.
Bing is incorporating more information from outside social networks such as Facebook and Twitter into how it displays search results involving people.
A former Tribune Company employee could face as much as 10 years of jail time over federal charges accusing him of conspiring with members of the hacker group Anonymous to hack into a Tribune website.
Brooklyn-based Sprezzat wants to modernize caller ID for people's smartphones with a little help from Twitter and Facebook.
Professional social networking service LinkedIn won the dismissal of a lawsuit seeking damages on behalf of premium users who had their log-in passwords exposed as a result of a security breach of the company's servers last year.
These days attracting customers to your brand means building an online community. That requires maintaining an active presence on industry-specific online forums and social media sites--and occasionally taking the conversation offline, too.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Upgrading to SAP Hana? This new tool can help prepare your code
- The eyes have it: How one startup aims to change the future of VR
- Gaming on Linux, Steam machines set to soar with DirectX competitor Vulkan
- Google didn't abuse its position in Streetmap case, UK court rules
- New Chromebook won't break with 365-pound person standing on it
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCProject ManagerSA
- CCBusiness Analyst - CanberraNSW
- FTJava Web Development OpportunityVIC
- CCCommercial Manager - Strategy / Big Data - Telecommunications -NSW
- FTDatabase AdministratorVIC
- CCOracle Developer - 3 month contractSA
- CCEXCEL Guru / Data AdministratorNSW
- FTOracle Middleware ConsultantNSW
- CCJava Development Contract - MelbourneVIC
- CCContract System Analyst (MSSQL/.Net/Mobile App) 160122/SA/vhaAsia
- CCiOS DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Crystal Reports) 160129/AP/vhs-aAsia
- CCService Desk ManagerVIC
- CCBusiness Project Manager - Transformation ProgramNSW
- FTSenior Mobile Developer - IOSNSW
- FTFull Stack & Mobile EngineersNSW
- PTService Desk OperatorSA
- FTOracle System Integration Engineer - CANBERRASA
- FTLinux AdministratorVIC
- FTApplications Architect/ Pre-sales (Microsoft Applications)WA
- CCJava Developer - IOSNSW
- FTWeb Programmer/ DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior PMO Analyst / PMO LeadVIC
- CCIT Security EngineerNSW