Bing is incorporating more information from outside social networks such as Facebook and Twitter into how it displays search results involving people.
A former Tribune Company employee could face as much as 10 years of jail time over federal charges accusing him of conspiring with members of the hacker group Anonymous to hack into a Tribune website.
Brooklyn-based Sprezzat wants to modernize caller ID for people's smartphones with a little help from Twitter and Facebook.
Professional social networking service LinkedIn won the dismissal of a lawsuit seeking damages on behalf of premium users who had their log-in passwords exposed as a result of a security breach of the company's servers last year.
These days attracting customers to your brand means building an online community. That requires maintaining an active presence on industry-specific online forums and social media sites--and occasionally taking the conversation offline, too.
Noah Kravitz built up quite a following at PhoneDog, a mobile-phone news and reviews website. By late 2010 his @PhoneDog_Noah Twitter account had amassed more than 17,000 followers. That was all well and good, until Kravitz resigned and went to work ...
If you're reviving an old job search or looking to expand your LinkedIn savvy, take a look at these features and tips to get back on the right path.
App.net, the social networking platform that launched as an ad-free alternative to Twitter, is looking to expand its user base by offering a free account option.
SlideShare, a presentation-sharing site used primarily by professionals, has added a premium feature that lets members closely monitor usage of their presentations.
While some of the most successful consumer Internet companies are capturing the headlines today, more than 70 per cent of venture exits in the last two years valued at over $500 million have been in the enterprise sector.
LinkedIn has shut off its API access to "Bang With Professionals," a Web service that was intended to facilitate more, say, intimate connections among users of the business-oriented social networking site.
Solid sales reports from companies as diverse as Akamai, LinkedIn and NCR as well as positive economic data buoyed shares of IT companies Friday as markets closed in on multiyear highs.
Facebook makes it easy to connect with people online, but some of its users say they got burned out on the site or grew tired of their friends' "drama," a new survey shows.
Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer has branded Android 'wild' and Apple too 'controlled'.
Joining its fellow social-networking companies in the public release of internal code, LinkedIn has opened sourced software obtained in October with its acquisition of the IndexTank search-engine software provider.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung's Galaxy Alpha review: A peek into the Galaxy S6
- 2 Lenovo Yoga 3 Pro hybrid Ultrabook
- 3 Bose SoundLink on-ear Bluetooth headphones
- 4 Apple iPhone 6 Plus: An in depth review
- 5 Medion Akoya P2214T (MD99430) hybrid laptop
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Startup SQLdep aims to help DBAs stay sane
- BlackBerry's deal to buy voice crypto company Secusmart blessed by German government
- France, Germany want EU to take a tougher stance on tech firms
- Distracted? Slap this Hitachi gizmo on your forehead to focus
- Divoom Voombox-Travel rugged Bluetooth speaker
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTPartnership Manager - MediaNSW
- FTProgram Manager - Integration & SolutionsNSW
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Port Augusta / Whyalla AreaSA
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Echuca AreaVIC
- FTClient Services Manager | Digital Client Services ManagerNSW
- FTAccount ExecutiveNSW
- FTDigital Marketing Manager | Online Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTDigital Account ManagerNSW
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- FTSEO Content ExecutiveVIC