Some people think a lot can go wrong if you have your emails pass through LinkedIn's servers with the company's new Intro technology.
LinkedIn wants to help people get a job and advance their careers by incorporating its services into their mobile email.
Hiring managers are busy bees who sometimes have to close a deal from their mobile phones, which is apparently what led LinkedIn to offer a mobile app for recruiters on the go.
The U.S. Department of Justice has opposed requests by Facebook, Google, Microsoft and other companies to publish the number of surveillance requests they receive from the U.S. National Security Agency and other agencies.
The U.S. Congress must act quickly on legislation that would make electronic data collection efforts by the U.S. National Security Agency more public, a group of tech firms, civil liberties groups and other organizations said Monday.
Forget the older crowd. LinkedIn now wants to help teenagers get into college and find a good job, in a strategy shift that analysts said could eventually pay off for the company.
LinkedIn denied over the weekend charges that the company breaks into the email accounts of its members without permission to harvest contacts' addresses.
A tailored LinkedIn application is now available for the Nokia Asha 501 as well as a number of other Asha devices, as Nokia works to expand the social capabilities of the phone range.
A rising percentage of older adults are using social networking sites like Facebook, Twitter and Google+ too, according to a Pew study.
Tech stocks had an upbeat week as industry watchers appear to be looking at the positive side of earnings from Internet, consumer electronics and networking companies.
LinkedIn is giving companies the ability to place their marketing content into users' feeds, in a move that expands the site's revenue opportunities.
LinkedIn's domain name was temporarily redirected to a third-party server Thursday, which resulted in a service outage and potentially put user accounts at risk of compromise.
Add LinkedIn to the list of Internet companies trying to make themselves safer from cyberattacks by adding two-step authentication.
On the back end of an earnings season that by many accounts could have been worse, tech investors appeared to be in the mood to celebrate on Friday, sending shares of IT companies higher as key stock-market indexes hit milestone highs.
LinkedIn has revamped the contacts management feature of its professional networking website and packaged the functionality into a new iOS application.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Cisco snatches AppDynamics from IPO market for US$3.7b
- Microsoft's OneDrive for Business gets Mac client, shared folder sync
- Cyber criminals avoid fraud within their own ranks with new site
- If you want to be an Xbox Insider, Microsoft says you'll now have to earn it
- In PC comeback, ARM will battle Intel in Chromebooks and Windows 10
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSAP Test Manager - CRMNSW
- FTProject Manager - Sunshine Coast LocationQLD
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- TPSenior Business Analyst - Travel and Expense Management SystemQLD
- CCTest Specialist - NetworkVIC
- TPBusiness Analyst - DataQLD
- FTSystems AnalystSA
- TPService Desk AnalystVIC
- TPBusiness Project Manager IntegrationNSW
- FTSenior Learning Specialist - Global OrganisationQLD
- FTJunior Design Project CoordinatorQLD
- CCSenior Technical Specialist - AIXVIC
- FTTechnology Testing Services ManagerVIC
- FTDatacentre Solution ArchitectVIC
- CCSOA Oracle DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Java EngineerACT
- CCSenior Applications Project Manager - Office 365QLD
- TPAEM DeveloperNSW
- FTApplication Developer - FileNetWA
- CCChange and Communications AnalystQLD
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkSA
- CCProcess Specialist - short contract, asap start!VIC
- FTLevel 2 Help Desk SupportQLD
- TPSenior Project ManagerVIC
- FTSecurity Delivery Manager l Security, Governance, Delivery & OperationNSW