The U.S. Congress must act quickly on legislation that would make electronic data collection efforts by the U.S. National Security Agency more public, a group of tech firms, civil liberties groups and other organizations said Monday.
Forget the older crowd. LinkedIn now wants to help teenagers get into college and find a good job, in a strategy shift that analysts said could eventually pay off for the company.
LinkedIn denied over the weekend charges that the company breaks into the email accounts of its members without permission to harvest contacts' addresses.
A tailored LinkedIn application is now available for the Nokia Asha 501 as well as a number of other Asha devices, as Nokia works to expand the social capabilities of the phone range.
A rising percentage of older adults are using social networking sites like Facebook, Twitter and Google+ too, according to a Pew study.
Tech stocks had an upbeat week as industry watchers appear to be looking at the positive side of earnings from Internet, consumer electronics and networking companies.
LinkedIn is giving companies the ability to place their marketing content into users' feeds, in a move that expands the site's revenue opportunities.
LinkedIn's domain name was temporarily redirected to a third-party server Thursday, which resulted in a service outage and potentially put user accounts at risk of compromise.
Add LinkedIn to the list of Internet companies trying to make themselves safer from cyberattacks by adding two-step authentication.
On the back end of an earnings season that by many accounts could have been worse, tech investors appeared to be in the mood to celebrate on Friday, sending shares of IT companies higher as key stock-market indexes hit milestone highs.
LinkedIn has revamped the contacts management feature of its professional networking website and packaged the functionality into a new iOS application.
LinkedIn, the world's largest professional networking site, continues to beef up its content publishing platform with its agreement to acquire Pulse, which makes a mobile news aggregation, reader and content distribution application.
Amazon may be building a Kindle smartphone on a custom version of Android to be launched in the second half of 2013.
How to tell if your Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn efforts are paying off
LinkedIn has revamped its search engine with changes intended to make it easier for members to find information on the business networking site, whose volume of content has increased and grown more diverse in recent years.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- More than half the world is still offline
- AMD mulls a CPU+GPU super-chip in a server reboot
- This Tinder scam promises to verify your account, but actually sells porn
- EU dual-use tech ban plan could classify smartphones as weapons
- Gaming desktops with AMD Zen chips will be hard to come by this year
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- FTContinuous delivery application deployment automation specialist (DevOps)NSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - Asset ManagementNSW
- CCSenior Automation Engineer / TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCEnvironment ManagerVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java/J2EE/MyEclise) 160721/AP/vmpAsia
- FTChange and Release ManagerVIC
- FTDefence Network EngineerACT
- CCSenior Business Systems AnalystVIC
- CCCommunication LeadVIC
- CCMac (iOS) Support Engineer - $30 p/h - Three Year ContractNSW
- CCTechnical BI Business Analyst- Informatica, Oracle OBIEENSW
- CCLead DevOps ConsultantVIC
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- FTMobile DeveloperWA
- CCPMO ManagerVIC
- FTCloud EngineerVIC
- CCOSS/BSS Solution ArchitectVIC
- CCIteration Manager/Project ManagerVIC
- CCProject Services CoordinatorACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/Oracle) 160801/AP/258Asia
- CCAgile Scrum MasterACT
- FTFull-Stack .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCBusiness Project ManagerVIC
- CCBusiness Intelligence Developer - Initial 3mth ContractVIC