Hiring managers are busy bees who sometimes have to close a deal from their mobile phones, which is apparently what led LinkedIn to offer a mobile app for recruiters on the go.
The U.S. Department of Justice has opposed requests by Facebook, Google, Microsoft and other companies to publish the number of surveillance requests they receive from the U.S. National Security Agency and other agencies.
The U.S. Congress must act quickly on legislation that would make electronic data collection efforts by the U.S. National Security Agency more public, a group of tech firms, civil liberties groups and other organizations said Monday.
Forget the older crowd. LinkedIn now wants to help teenagers get into college and find a good job, in a strategy shift that analysts said could eventually pay off for the company.
LinkedIn denied over the weekend charges that the company breaks into the email accounts of its members without permission to harvest contacts' addresses.
A tailored LinkedIn application is now available for the Nokia Asha 501 as well as a number of other Asha devices, as Nokia works to expand the social capabilities of the phone range.
A rising percentage of older adults are using social networking sites like Facebook, Twitter and Google+ too, according to a Pew study.
Tech stocks had an upbeat week as industry watchers appear to be looking at the positive side of earnings from Internet, consumer electronics and networking companies.
LinkedIn is giving companies the ability to place their marketing content into users' feeds, in a move that expands the site's revenue opportunities.
LinkedIn's domain name was temporarily redirected to a third-party server Thursday, which resulted in a service outage and potentially put user accounts at risk of compromise.
Add LinkedIn to the list of Internet companies trying to make themselves safer from cyberattacks by adding two-step authentication.
On the back end of an earnings season that by many accounts could have been worse, tech investors appeared to be in the mood to celebrate on Friday, sending shares of IT companies higher as key stock-market indexes hit milestone highs.
LinkedIn has revamped the contacts management feature of its professional networking website and packaged the functionality into a new iOS application.
LinkedIn, the world's largest professional networking site, continues to beef up its content publishing platform with its agreement to acquire Pulse, which makes a mobile news aggregation, reader and content distribution application.
Amazon may be building a Kindle smartphone on a custom version of Android to be launched in the second half of 2013.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Chinese firm admits its hacked products were behind massive DDoS attack
- AT&T will acquire Time Warner for US$85.4b in content play
- Gallipoli is now an amazing video game
- U.S. indicts Russian for hacking LinkedIn, Dropbox, Formspring
- An IoT botnet is partly behind Friday's massive DDOS attack
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSenior programmer / ProgrammerAsia
- CCSystems Engineer - NetApp, Exchange, ADNSW
- CCSiebel DeveloperACT
- CCPHP DeveloperNSW
- CCInformation Security Consultant - RSA ArcherNSW
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- FTAgile Front End Developer- HTML5 & CSS3NSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java/J2EE/MyEclipse) 161007/AP/vmpAsia
- CCContract Junior Programmer (J2EE/SQL) 161019/JP/552Asia
- FTDirector Data AnalyticsACT
- CCSnr Business AnalystVIC
- FTCRM Developer - MS Dynamics CRMNSW
- CCTechnology TrainerNSW
- FTHands-on Service Desk Team LeadNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle) 161031/AP/512Asia
- CCSenior Project Manager (Marketing Automation)NSW
- FTCustomer Solutions Engineer | Voice | Data | TelcoNSW
- CCUnix Project LeadNSW
- CCContract Computer Operator (UNIX/Windows-based) 161014/CO/vmtAsia
- FTTechnical Support Engineer | Cloud | Automation techsNSW
- CCBuild and Release ManagerNSW
- FTSalesforce Subject Matter ExpertNSW
- FTData Governance Project Manager | 6 month ContractNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW