Eddie Schwartz, former chief security officer at Netwitness Corp., a company recently acquired by EMC, has been named chief security officer of the storage vendor's RSA security division.
Enterasys this week rolled out software that allows network admins to access its management system via social media websites like Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Salesforce.com's Chatter.
Though signs for IT remain positive this year, worries about the economy sapped investor confidence this week as a wide range of businesses, including big computer industry vendors, suffered a drop in share value.
LinkedIn is exploring opportunities in China, a market with 100 million working professionals that the business networking site believes it can attract, according to the company's vice president Arvind Rajan.
Back in March, LinkedIn rolled out "LinkedIn Today," a beta social news service that aggregates the top headlines and stories related to your industry, based on what your connections share.
Excitement over LinkedIn's stunning market debut appears to have outweighed concerns this week about Hewlett-Packard and Dell earnings reports, which highlighted a desultory PC market.
Professional social networking site LinkedIn went public today and immediately saw its share price and valuation surge.
LinkedIn.com went public today. The IPO started at $45 and shares are currently trading over $100 and climbing. It has been a long time since a tech IPO generated this much excitement, which leads to the inevitable question of "what is it?"
Hold on to your hat. The first of the social networking sites is about to launch its initial public offering, or IPO.
Professional social networking site LinkedIn is gearing up for its initial public offering, reporting that it plans to offer 7.84 million shares for $32 to $35 per share.
Social networking websites are fast becoming a staple of corporate recruiting. Depending on which studies you read, anywhere from 39 to 65 percent of companies use social networking websites to identify and screen potential candidates for open positi...
The professional networking site LinkedIn has finally announced the availability of an application for Android-based smartphones.
Salesforce.com plans to buy social media monitoring vendor Radian6, whose technology tracks conversations occurring on social sites like Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn, the company said Wednesday.
LinkedIn hit a major milestone this week when its membership rolls passed the hundred million mark.
LinkedIn has launched a beta product called "LinkedIn Today" -- a social news service that aggregates the top headlines and stories related to your industry and based on what your connections share.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Informatica CEO: 'Data security is an unsolved problem'
- Here's how the Xbox One S stacks up to the original
- Intel spreads 3D NAND to inexpensive consumer and enterprise SSDs
- Facebook will use Whatsapp users' personal data to target ads
- Cisco starts patching firewall devices against NSA-linked exploit
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCInfrastructure Project Manager (12-month renewable contract)Asia
- CCWeb Content SpecialistNSW
- FTDefence Network EngineerACT
- FTCapacity PlannerNSW
- CCTechnical Business Analyst- BABOK,Infrastructure, Banking bkgndNSW
- FTDigital Product Owner | Advertising Technology | SearchNSW
- FTIT Security & Risk ManagerNSW
- FTApplications Support / Systems Administrator | DefenceACT
- CCPortfolio Delivery ManagerACT
- CCNetwork Implementation EngineerNSW
- CCProject Resource SpecialistVIC
- CCDB2 Database AdministratorACT
- CCContract Senior Systems Analyst (C++/JBoss) 160819/SSA/892Asia
- FTSAP FI/CO module- Tester/ Quality AnalystNSW
- CCSolution Architect - Data MigrationVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Crystal Report/JAVA) 160816/AP/vhsAsia
- CCSenior Business Analyst/Designer, Funds ManagementNSW
- CCJunior/Intermediate Drupal web developer - APS Level 4/5 equiACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/MySQL) 160823/AP/172Asia
- CCProject Manager - PCI DSS / IMACSQLD
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (IT Application/Web) 160825/AP/183Asia
- CCWindows EngineerVIC
- CCMainframe Application ArchitectNSW
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net DeveloperVIC
- CCSolution Architect, Funds Management, Part time roleNSW