Linux operating system creator Linus Torvalds has proposed that Linux 4.0, an upcoming release of the open-source software, should be dedicated to stability and bug fixing.
Apple's move to offer its latest desktop operating system, OS X Mavericks, for free isn't going to affect the Linux operating system at all, its creator Linus Torvalds said.
The outspoken creator of Linux, Linus Torvalds, called for laptop makers to follow the tablet world's lead in using the highest-resolution displays possible on mobile devices, in a post on Google Plus.
While much of the world's focus was on the Consumer Electronics Show Wednesday, Linux creator Linus Torvalds quietly released the next version of the Linux kernel.
An increasing number of contributions to the open-source Linux kernel are coming from mobile and embedded equipment vendors, according to an annual report about to be released by the Linux Foundation.
The hero and the villain. It's the age-old formula that pervades today's reality TV showdowns, the shenanigans of professional wrestling and cinematic classics like Star Wars. Tech is no different, with its passionate heroes who balance profit with i...
In a twist of irony, the Unix platform celebrates its 40th birthday this year, as does the man whose work probably has done more to diminish the trendiness of Unix than anyone else: Linux founder Linus Torvalds.
Leaders in the Linux community seemed resigned to the fact that Linux still hasn't made headway in the desktop market, but they made it clear on Monday that their success in other markets, such as mobile, is at least as important.
Intel Corp. plans to turn over to the Linux Foundation control of Moblin, the Linux operating system it developed for netbooks using its Atom processor.
Linux kernel 2.6.29 was released this week and sports hundreds of changes, bug fixes and new functionality, but one change sure to raise a few eyebrows is the addition of Tuz, the Tasmanian Devil disguised as a penguin who takes over from Tux as the ...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Xiaomi acquires patents from Microsoft ahead of US entry plans
- Dell's private buyout shortchanged shareholders, court rules
- Atari's going to build IoT devices that talk over a low-power network
- Marketo gets scooped up into the private world for US$1.79 billion
- Kaby Lake starts strong as Intel retools PC strategy
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCBusiness Analyst, LifeNSW
- CCAWS Developer/LeadNSW
- CCSoftware Licensing AnalystVIC
- CCSecurity Administrative Support OfficerACT
- CCProject managerACT
- FTSenior Mobile DeveloperWA
- FTService Desk AnaylstNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Operational ReadinessSA
- CCSenior Program DirectorNSW
- FTApplication Support EngineerVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160523/AP/568Asia
- CCSoftware Engineer (Client facing) - Publisher SolutionsNSW
- CCPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- FTStibo PIM Consultant - Permanent OpportunityNSW
- FTAX Lead Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Contributions TaxNSW
- CCSenior Process AnalystVIC
- CCSenior IT Security Specialist-SANS, ISC2, ISACA, ITILNSW
- CCMultiple Oracle Fusion SOA/BPEL Developer OpportunitiesVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst - NV1VIC
- CCOperations Systems Support ManagerNSW
- CCBPM / Java DeveloperNSW
- CCIT Support Analyst// Service Desk Support/ Level 1 SupportNSW
- CCSenior Oracle Systems SpecialistNSW
- FTTest Capability ManagerVIC