Linux operating system creator Linus Torvalds has proposed that Linux 4.0, an upcoming release of the open-source software, should be dedicated to stability and bug fixing.
Apple's move to offer its latest desktop operating system, OS X Mavericks, for free isn't going to affect the Linux operating system at all, its creator Linus Torvalds said.
The outspoken creator of Linux, Linus Torvalds, called for laptop makers to follow the tablet world's lead in using the highest-resolution displays possible on mobile devices, in a post on Google Plus.
While much of the world's focus was on the Consumer Electronics Show Wednesday, Linux creator Linus Torvalds quietly released the next version of the Linux kernel.
An increasing number of contributions to the open-source Linux kernel are coming from mobile and embedded equipment vendors, according to an annual report about to be released by the Linux Foundation.
The hero and the villain. It's the age-old formula that pervades today's reality TV showdowns, the shenanigans of professional wrestling and cinematic classics like Star Wars. Tech is no different, with its passionate heroes who balance profit with i...
In a twist of irony, the Unix platform celebrates its 40th birthday this year, as does the man whose work probably has done more to diminish the trendiness of Unix than anyone else: Linux founder Linus Torvalds.
Leaders in the Linux community seemed resigned to the fact that Linux still hasn't made headway in the desktop market, but they made it clear on Monday that their success in other markets, such as mobile, is at least as important.
Intel Corp. plans to turn over to the Linux Foundation control of Moblin, the Linux operating system it developed for netbooks using its Atom processor.
Linux kernel 2.6.29 was released this week and sports hundreds of changes, bug fixes and new functionality, but one change sure to raise a few eyebrows is the addition of Tuz, the Tasmanian Devil disguised as a penguin who takes over from Tux as the ...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Researchers find a way bypass the iOS activation lock
- Remote management app exposes millions of Android users to hacking
- ‘Distributed guessing’ attack lets hackers verify Visa card details
- What happens when a country cracks down on fake news? Ask China
- Twitter gets new product head and team from app startup Yes
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSolution ArchitectQLD
- TPSenior UI Front End DeveloperQLD
- CCMicrosoft Dynamics AX Functional Consultant Advanced Warehouse ManagementACT
- FTInfrastructure and Systems SpecialistQLD
- CCMainframe Project ManagerVIC
- CCAzure/Sharepoint DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperQLD
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkACT
- CCTest Lead : Perth BasedSA
- CCChange Manager (Office365) required for leading digital innovator in SydneyNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystACT
- FTJapanese Speaking Technical Support EngineerNSW
- CCJava Developer - Baseline Clearance requiredVIC
- FTUI DeveloperVIC
- CCMid-level .NET or Java Developer/Programmer - Finance - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- FTSenior AEM Support AnalystVIC
- CCSiebel DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Integration DeveloperQLD
- CCAutomated Test EngineerACT
- CCBusiness Analyst --Test Manager- Government backgroundNSW
- CCCloud Automation EngineerACT
- FTOracle IDM R1/R2 Implementation SpecialistNSW
- CCInformation Security ConsultantNSW
- FTDatabase Administration Team LeaderQLD