IBM is looking to boost its mainframe business with a Linux push that includes new hardware, software and the founding of the Open Mainframe Project. The company is also contributing mainframe code to the open source community.
Some of the biggest names in IT and online services have banded together to standardize the way applications are run in the cloud.
A group dedicated to averting another Heartbleed-style vulnerability is narrowing down a list of critical open source projects that will receive its funding and support.
Paradoxically for a platform intended to automate cloud service deployment, a major obstacle to wider adoption of OpenStack is a lack of qualified staff, speakers and attendees at the OpenStack Summit in Paris said Monday.
Will smartwatches and cars give the Tizen OS the traction it hasn't gotten in smartphones? The OS's backers are getting their hopes up in advance of a developer conference next week.
Getting a jump on competing hypervisors, the open source Xen is preparing for the day when ARM processors will run virtual machines.
Home appliances, cars and computers could soon be talking to one another thanks to an open source framework that has the backing of consumer electronics manufacturers in a new industry alliance.
In a move that could add momentum to game development on Linux, game maker Valve has joined the Linux Foundation and will contribute tools for developers to work with its SteamOS.
Linux operating system creator Linus Torvalds has proposed that Linux 4.0, an upcoming release of the open-source software, should be dedicated to stability and bug fixing.
To avoid legal difficulties when managing intellectual property for open source projects, more tech savvy lawyers are needed, according to the Linux Foundation.
The Open Virtualization Alliance has joined the Linux Foundation as a collaborative project to deepen its ties with the Linux community.
Although not originally designed for telephones or tablets, the Linux kernel is now getting more contributions than ever from mobile and portable device vendors, whose input is driving a heretofore unseen rate of development for the open source proje...
Linux developers were once just that, developers. But their role is changing says the Linux Foundation, which is expanding its training options to help them.
In an effort to attract a more diverse set of contributors, enterprise software vendor Citrix has donated its open source Xen hypervisor to the Linux Foundation.
Software-defined networking, a set of technologies to help networks better adapt to user needs with less manual effort, may at last be getting the common foundation it has needed for interoperability and efficient development.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Intel is on the verge of exiting the smartphone and tablet markets after cutting Atom chips
- 5 (more) reasons to be a data scientist
- FCC wireless auction hits spectrum target, paving way for fast, reliable 5G
- IBM offers advice on how to secure blockchain in the cloud
- Toy maker Maisto’s website pushed growing CryptXXX ransomware threat
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSenior Project Manager, SoftwareNSW
- FTSenior Technical ConsultantVIC
- CCSenior Analyst, Applications - GDWVIC
- CCContract IT Assistant (Network & System Mgt.) 160509/ITA/281Asia
- CCUser Experience ExpertVIC
- CCJava Developer / DevOps | FINEOS Application | Long Term ContractNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTGentrack ConsultantVIC
- FTSolution Delivery Manager ( RTTM)NSW
- CCSCCM - SCOM - AD Systems EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Middleware Lead Shared Services (Support and EngineeringVIC
- FTDeveloper - OSB/BPELNSW
- CCProcurement Contract SpecialistQLD
- CCOnline Shop Operations Consultant (eCommerce)VIC
- FTSecurity Accreditation - IT Security AnalystACT
- CCRemedy AdministratorNSW
- FTManager; Enterprise ArchitectureNSW
- CCIT Network SpecialistVIC
- FTProduction ConsultantVIC
- CCSenior Automation Tester - MicroservicesNSW
- CCSenior AGILE Business AnalystNSW
- FTSolution Architect (Guidewire Billing Center)NSW
- FTDigital Project ManagerVIC
- CCSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCData AnalystVIC