IBM is looking to boost its mainframe business with a Linux push that includes new hardware, software and the founding of the Open Mainframe Project. The company is also contributing mainframe code to the open source community.
Some of the biggest names in IT and online services have banded together to standardize the way applications are run in the cloud.
A group dedicated to averting another Heartbleed-style vulnerability is narrowing down a list of critical open source projects that will receive its funding and support.
Paradoxically for a platform intended to automate cloud service deployment, a major obstacle to wider adoption of OpenStack is a lack of qualified staff, speakers and attendees at the OpenStack Summit in Paris said Monday.
Will smartwatches and cars give the Tizen OS the traction it hasn't gotten in smartphones? The OS's backers are getting their hopes up in advance of a developer conference next week.
Getting a jump on competing hypervisors, the open source Xen is preparing for the day when ARM processors will run virtual machines.
Home appliances, cars and computers could soon be talking to one another thanks to an open source framework that has the backing of consumer electronics manufacturers in a new industry alliance.
In a move that could add momentum to game development on Linux, game maker Valve has joined the Linux Foundation and will contribute tools for developers to work with its SteamOS.
Linux operating system creator Linus Torvalds has proposed that Linux 4.0, an upcoming release of the open-source software, should be dedicated to stability and bug fixing.
To avoid legal difficulties when managing intellectual property for open source projects, more tech savvy lawyers are needed, according to the Linux Foundation.
The Open Virtualization Alliance has joined the Linux Foundation as a collaborative project to deepen its ties with the Linux community.
Although not originally designed for telephones or tablets, the Linux kernel is now getting more contributions than ever from mobile and portable device vendors, whose input is driving a heretofore unseen rate of development for the open source proje...
Linux developers were once just that, developers. But their role is changing says the Linux Foundation, which is expanding its training options to help them.
In an effort to attract a more diverse set of contributors, enterprise software vendor Citrix has donated its open source Xen hypervisor to the Linux Foundation.
Software-defined networking, a set of technologies to help networks better adapt to user needs with less manual effort, may at last be getting the common foundation it has needed for interoperability and efficient development.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Say hello to old friend Dell Technologies on Sept. 7
- DARPA sees IoT and AI as weapons to dominate wars
- BitTorrent client is found distributing Mac-based malware
- Get started in data science: 5 steps you can take online for free
- Okta partners with Google to secure cloud identities
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCTechnical Business Analyst- BABOK,Infrastructure, Banking bkgndNSW
- CCSr IT Support specialist - MCSE- L2/L3- Travelling requiredNSW
- CCSenior Technical Specialist - Active DirectoryVIC
- CCSr. Project Manager- Infrastructure- Data Centre,VirtualizationNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - TelecommunicationVIC
- FTChange ManagerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/Oracle) 160822/AP/259Asia
- CCBusiness Analyst / SalesforceNSW
- CCData Analyst - multiples roles - EAM experience requiredNSW
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/HTML/PHP) 160819/P/733Asia
- FTUnix Systems AdministratorNSW
- CCProject Resource SpecialistVIC
- FTBid Manager - Intelligent TechnologyVIC
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- CCDesktop Support AnalystNSW
- CCInfrastructure Project Manager (12-month renewable contract)Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (.NET/SQL Server) 160829/AP/267Asia
- CCContract Systems Analyst (JAVA/MySQL/PHP) 160819/SA/173Asia
- CCSenior Business Analyst - GeneralVIC
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160902/P/743Asia
- CCDesktop Support (Contract Renewable)Asia
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Datacentre Maintenance) 160817/SA/993Asia
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior IT Assistant (Office Automation/PC LAN) 160817/SITA/902Asia
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Infrastructure/JAVA) 160901/SA/486Asia