"Lucid Lynx" is the codename given to Canonical's Ubuntu Linux 10.04, now in beta, which adds social networking features and a new look to the popular Linux distribution. A final release is due April 29, the company said.
Some Linux users insist that anything you can do on Windows, you can do better on Linux. While there's some truth to that, many of us have Windows applications that make completely leaving Windows close to impossible. That's where CodeWeavers' latest...
While cloud computing is merely a label given to the latest evolution of what organizations have been doing for a long time, one consistent component in the cloud has been Linux, said Jim Elliott, IBM Canada Ltd.'s Linux champion.
North Korea has reportedly developed its own version of the Linux operating with a graphical user interface that closely resembles Microsoft Windows.
The North Korean government appears to have developed its own graphical Linux-based "Red Star" operating system, though its people still prefer that symbol of Yankee high-tech imperialism, Microsoft Windows.
Gadget gurus and nerds rejoice! Nokia's latest touch-screen smartphone, the Nokia N900, is finally landing Down Under in April.
Cisco Systems will soon release a VPN client for smartphones and PCs aimed at enterprise administrators who want to provide secure access to their networks and ward off malicious software.
Mozilla yesterday released updates for its Firefox Web browser to shore up vulnerabilities in the 3.5.x and 3.0.x browser versions.
Mark Shuttleworth, the South African-born entrepreneur who founded Linux distribution provider Canonical, will be stepping down from his post as company CEO, Canonical announced. Jane Silber, currently the chief operating officer and director of onli...
IBM has expanded its server lineup with a new mainframe system designed just for Linux that may be aimed, in particular, at higher-end x86 systems.
Microsoft is, predictably, not all that impressed by Google's demonstration of its upcoming Chrome OS, but neither were a number of potential rivals in the Linux and instant-on operating system space.
Reports that the Linux netbook is dead or dying are incorrect, at least globally, according to an analyst firm.
Canonical on Thursday updated its Linux distribution for netbooks, simplifying the interface and adding new programs that the company says will make it easier for users to access and use Web content.
Canonical on Thursday made available the Release Candidate of its latest Linux-based operating system, Ubuntu 9.10, on the same day Microsoft launched the long-awaited Windows 7.
Motorola is so focused on Android that it has dropped its board seat on the LiMo Foundation, the mobile Linux group it helped found.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- If Tim Burton made a robot, this would be it
- Here's how NASCAR is digitizing race day
- Should Microsoft release a successor to Surface 3?
- Researchers steal data from a PC by controllng the noise from the fans
- The 'summer of AI' is here, this startup chief says
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCApplication Support Analyst and Database AdministratorNSW
- CCBusiness System Analyst - FinanceVIC
- CCTelecommunications Operations Support officerACT
- FTInfrastructure/Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCSenior IT Automated TesterNSW
- FTIT Support Analyst (Renewal Contract)Asia
- CCBusiness Analyst, InsuranceNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCSoftware & Hardware Asset Management - 2 rolesNSW
- CCWindows 2003-2012 R2 Active Directory Consultant/ManagerNSW
- CCSoftware Biomedical Solutions ArchitectSA
- CCEnvironment Manager - POSVIC
- CCIT Assistant (Lotus Notes/Technical Support) 160616/ITA/991Asia
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTVoice ArchitectNSW
- CCWeb Developer (Drupal)SA
- CCMulesoft Integration DeveloperWA
- FT.Net Developer (WebAPI / Entity Framework / SQL Server)NSW
- CCProject Manager | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- CCIntegration ArchitectNSW
- CCArchitect (AWS)NSW
- CCIT Technical Writer- understanding in RDMBS,Web server, StorageNSW
- FTSAP Solution Architect- Data Migration to SAP HR, payrollNSW