Hiring good help is never easy, but the difficulty is compounded considerably when demand for the skills you're seeking exceeds supply.
There seems to be no end to the major changes being tossed around for Ubuntu this year.
Scarcely a day goes by without an update being released for one Linux distribution or another, but today saw the launch of one I think is worth some attention.
Just a few weeks following the official feature freeze on Ubuntu 11.10 “Oneiric Ocelot,”the first beta version of Canonical's free and open source Linux distribution was released on Sept. 1.
As Linux fans know, there are two kinds of hackers: the good guys who develop free software, such as the Linux kernel, and the bad guys who break into computers.
As a geek and longtime tech reporter, there are few things I love writing about more than cool new technological innovations. It never ceases to amaze me what we humans can come up with, particularly when some good technology is fueling the effort.
The Linux Foundation and FOSSBazaar on Wednesday released a new specification to ease the pain of license compliance for open source software. The Software Package Data Exchange (SPDX) is a data exchange specification that tracks license information ...
The mythical "year of the Linux desktop" still hasn't come, and may never, but on the 20th anniversary of Linux the free operating system's proponents threw a party to celebrate its success and scoff at past attacks launched by Microsoft, its biggest...
When it comes to the fast-moving business of trading stocks, bonds and derivatives, the world's financial exchanges are finding an ally in Linux, at least according to one Linux kernel developer working in that industry.
Between Unity and GNOME 3, there seems to be no end to the controversy surrounding Linux desktop environments this year.
With all the hundreds of Linux distributions already available for practically every niche and purpose, users of the open source operating system are accustomed to having a wealth of choices. Recently, however, the set of options got even bigger than...
Extending a partnership established in 2006, Microsoft has renewed a working agreement to resell SUSE Linux and help develop new Windows interoperability tools for the OS, Microsoft announced Monday.
Bucking standard conventions in software versioning, Linux Torvalds has designated the new release of the Linux operating system kernel, posted Friday, as version 3.0, even while maintaining that the release is only a routine update.
Microsoft isn't exactly dumping Windows for Linux, but it has become one of the busiest contributors to the Linux kernel. Microsoft's attempt to get Hyper-V drivers into the Linux kernel has taken longer than expected, having begun in July 2009, so M...
Ubuntu Linux was a pleasant surprise.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- A new Microsoft foldable device patent offers more grist for the Surface phone rumor mill
- Critical flaw lets hackers take control of Samsung SmartCam cameras
- Facebook launches fake news reporting tool in Germany
- Shopping goes high tech and hassle-free with new Intel technology
- Raspberry Pi's new computer for industrial applications goes on sale
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTPHP DeveloperQLD
- TPService Desk AnalystVIC
- CCProject SchedulerNSW
- TPSenior Test Analyst - TAFEQLD
- FTDatacentre Solution ArchitectVIC
- FTMS Exchange System Engineer l PowerShell l Message LabsNSW
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- FTSenior Java EngineerACT
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantQLD
- FTITCM EngineerNSW
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- CCBusiness Project ManagerNSW
- CCProcess Business Analyst X 3VIC
- CCNetwork Security Specialist - Palo Alto Firewall ExpertVIC
- FTConsulting Solution/Integration ArchitectVIC
- CCProject SchedulerNSW
- FTJava DeveloperSA
- CCITCM Technical Specialist - SydneyNSW
- FTSAP BW ConsultantACT
- CCVirtualization ArchitectACT
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW
- CCData Migration Lead - SAPNSW
- FTFull Stack Web Developer - UI/UX - .NET or JAVANSW