Hiring good help is never easy, but the difficulty is compounded considerably when demand for the skills you're seeking exceeds supply.
There seems to be no end to the major changes being tossed around for Ubuntu this year.
Scarcely a day goes by without an update being released for one Linux distribution or another, but today saw the launch of one I think is worth some attention.
Just a few weeks following the official feature freeze on Ubuntu 11.10 “Oneiric Ocelot,”the first beta version of Canonical's free and open source Linux distribution was released on Sept. 1.
As Linux fans know, there are two kinds of hackers: the good guys who develop free software, such as the Linux kernel, and the bad guys who break into computers.
As a geek and longtime tech reporter, there are few things I love writing about more than cool new technological innovations. It never ceases to amaze me what we humans can come up with, particularly when some good technology is fueling the effort.
The Linux Foundation and FOSSBazaar on Wednesday released a new specification to ease the pain of license compliance for open source software. The Software Package Data Exchange (SPDX) is a data exchange specification that tracks license information ...
The mythical "year of the Linux desktop" still hasn't come, and may never, but on the 20th anniversary of Linux the free operating system's proponents threw a party to celebrate its success and scoff at past attacks launched by Microsoft, its biggest...
When it comes to the fast-moving business of trading stocks, bonds and derivatives, the world's financial exchanges are finding an ally in Linux, at least according to one Linux kernel developer working in that industry.
Between Unity and GNOME 3, there seems to be no end to the controversy surrounding Linux desktop environments this year.
With all the hundreds of Linux distributions already available for practically every niche and purpose, users of the open source operating system are accustomed to having a wealth of choices. Recently, however, the set of options got even bigger than...
Extending a partnership established in 2006, Microsoft has renewed a working agreement to resell SUSE Linux and help develop new Windows interoperability tools for the OS, Microsoft announced Monday.
Bucking standard conventions in software versioning, Linux Torvalds has designated the new release of the Linux operating system kernel, posted Friday, as version 3.0, even while maintaining that the release is only a routine update.
Microsoft isn't exactly dumping Windows for Linux, but it has become one of the busiest contributors to the Linux kernel. Microsoft's attempt to get Hyper-V drivers into the Linux kernel has taken longer than expected, having begun in July 2009, so M...
Ubuntu Linux was a pleasant surprise.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- FCC wireless auction hits spectrum target, paving way for fast, reliable 5G
- IBM offers advice on how to secure blockchain in the cloud
- Toy maker Maisto’s website pushed growing CryptXXX ransomware threat
- Here's why analytics is eating the supply chain
- Rovi to acquire TiVo for $1.1 billion
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCInfra Project Manager-Data Center, Cloud, Storage, NetworkNSW
- CCSr. Iteration ManagerVIC
- CCJava Developer / DevOps | FINEOS Application | Long Term ContractNSW
- FTAGILE Training Manager/CoachNSW
- CCSenior Enterprise Architect - eCommerceVIC
- CCSQL DeveloperVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - master data managementACT
- CCInfrastructure Assurance OfficerACT
- FTProject Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- CCJava Developer- 12 month contractNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (JAVA/Windows Programming) 160428/AP/143Asia
- CCProject Specialist - Contact Center and Unified CommunicationsVIC
- CCServiceNow / SACM ConsultantNSW
- CCSystem Administration / Application Support | NV2 clearance neededACT
- CCOperational Team LeadVIC
- CCBusiness Project ManagerAsia
- FTProduct OwnerNSW
- CCContract Contract Junior Programmer (JUD-16493-4)Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160505/AP/951Asia
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCSolution Architect / Data ArchitectNSW
- FTITSM Head of Service Desk & SwitchboardACT
- FTTechnical Writer - Trading SystemsNSW
- CCData AnalystVIC
- FTMs Dynamics Nav Support Analyst- Level 1/2WA