Reformatting and restoring a PC is not fun--in the way spending 2 hours in the dentist's chair is not fun. You have to back up all your data (and pray that you haven't forgotten anything), reformat the hard drive, install Windows, track down missing ...
With all the many compelling reasons for a company to switch to Linux on the desktop, it's no wonder that businesses large and small are increasingly relying on the free and open source operating system.
WARNING: Overclocking is not for the faint of heart. Do not attempt to hack your phone unless you understand and accept the risks of turning it into a useless "brick."
There are many ways that vendors of proprietary products try to scare business customers away from open source software, and one of the more commonly heard examples involves vague fears about compliance with open source licenses. There's nothing like...
With all the many reasons to use Linux today -- particularly in a business setting --it's often a relatively easy decision to give Windows the boot. What can be more difficult, however, is deciding which of the hundreds of Linux distributions out the...
Chances are good that if someone walked into your office right now and peeked over your shoulder, they would see a Windows operating system on your computer. But, did you know that you have a choice of something other than Windows for that computer o...
In the almost 20 years since Linux was first released into the world, free for anyone to use and modify however they like, the operating system has been put to a lot of uses.
Firefox 3.6.6 with crash protection is now available, and according to Mozilla it "provides uninterrupted browsing for Windows and Linux users when there is a crash in the Adobe Flash, Apple Quicktime or Microsoft Silverlight plugins.
Want to resurrect an old PC that's collecting dust? Wish you could insta-boot your laptop or netbook for a quick peek at your e-mail or a Web page? Presto promises exactly that kind of convenience.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- More than half the world is still offline
- AMD mulls a CPU+GPU super-chip in a server reboot
- This Tinder scam promises to verify your account, but actually sells porn
- EU dual-use tech ban plan could classify smartphones as weapons
- Gaming desktops with AMD Zen chips will be hard to come by this year
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCIP & Fixed Enablement SpecialistVIC
- CCOSS/BSS Solution ArchitectVIC
- CCCRM DeveloperACT
- CCIteration Manager/Project ManagerVIC
- CC.Net Developer Application DesignerACT
- FTDefence Network EngineerACT
- CCUI/UX DeveloperVIC
- FTFull-Stack .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCBusiness Project ManagerVIC
- FTSenior Natural/ADABAS ProgrammerSA
- CCAgile Scrum MasterACT
- FTProduct OwnerNSW
- FTNV2 Defence Project ManagerACT
- CCBusiness Analyst/ Scrum MasterNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- FTDatabase DeveloperACT
- FTSenior .Net Applications SupportACT
- FTSenior Business Analyst - InsuranceVIC
- CCProject Engineer -VIC
- FTProgram Master SchedulerVIC
- CCLead DevOps ConsultantVIC
- FTSAP ESB Service Management SpecialistVIC
- CCSenior Architect - CloudVIC
- FTAEM & AEM Forms ConsultantsWA