The Digital Advertising Alliance, a consortium of advertising trade groups, will roll out two new apps later this year aimed at giving mobile device users a choice of what ads they see.
Internet users overwhelmingly enjoy free Web content supported by advertising, and they'd rather see advertisements targeted toward their interests than random ads, according to a survey released this week by the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA).
New legislation in the U.S. Senate that would allow Internet users to tell companies to stop tracking them is unnecessary and could slow e-commerce growth, some tech groups said.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- DNC hacker Guccifer 2.0 denies Russian links and mocks security firms
- This new model for quantum circuits is like a 5-decker sandwich
- Dell stops selling Android devices
- IBM and Cisco will make Watson into a virtual workmate
- Time is short to stop expansion of FBI hacking, senator says
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCOracle iLearning Business AnalystNSW
- FTContinuous delivery application deployment automation specialist (DevOps)NSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCArchitect (AWS)NSW
- FTSystems EngineerNSW
- FTProject Coordinator / AdministratorNSW
- CCSenior Systems AnalystACT
- FTBusiness Analyst - Oracle Financials (Procure To Pay)NSW
- CCIT Helpdesk Support- Remedy ticketing systemNSW
- FTEnvironments Lead (Linux/ Automation)VIC
- CCIT Finance Systems Process AnalystNSW
- CCContract Programmer (IT Security/Website Admin) 160617/P/564Asia
- CCMaster Scheduler - IT Infrastructure ProgramsNSW
- CCHybrid Mobile App DeveloperNSW
- FTVoice ArchitectNSW
- CCMedia AnalystNSW
- CCx2 AEM Frontend/UI DevelopersVIC
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- CCProgram DirectorNSW
- CCDynamics CRM DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst- BPMN, Testing backgroundNSW
- CCScrum Master with Java development backgroundACT
- CCAnalyst Programmer (System Backup Operation/UNIX) 160615/AP/791Asia
- FTBusiness Analyst - Toolset ReadinessNSW
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW