The Digital Advertising Alliance, a consortium of advertising trade groups, will roll out two new apps later this year aimed at giving mobile device users a choice of what ads they see.
Internet users overwhelmingly enjoy free Web content supported by advertising, and they'd rather see advertisements targeted toward their interests than random ads, according to a survey released this week by the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA).
New legislation in the U.S. Senate that would allow Internet users to tell companies to stop tracking them is unnecessary and could slow e-commerce growth, some tech groups said.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- More than half the world is still offline
- AMD mulls a CPU+GPU super-chip in a server reboot
- This Tinder scam promises to verify your account, but actually sells porn
- EU dual-use tech ban plan could classify smartphones as weapons
- Gaming desktops with AMD Zen chips will be hard to come by this year
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- FTSenior Architect, Marketing and Campaign ManagementNSW
- FTMidrange Server Provision SMENSW
- CCIP Test Analyst - Baseline Security ClearanceVIC
- CCDigital Project Manager, AgileNSW
- FTPortal DeveloperNSW
- CCeLearning Developer / Learning Management System AdministratorACT
- CCSenior Business Analyst with Product Management experienceVIC
- CCGuidewire Developer - Policy Center 8NSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (HTML/JAVA/UNIX) 160804/AP/172Asia
- CCSenior Change ManagerVIC
- CCSales Support Associate - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCSenior PHP Developer (12 month contract )VIC
- CCPortfolio ManagerVIC
- CCIncident ManagerSA
- FTJava DeveloperVIC
- FTCisco IP Telephony EngineerNSW
- FTAX Lead Technical ConsultantWA
- CCSenior Architect - CloudVIC
- CCBusiness Intelligence Developer - Initial 3mth ContractVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- FT1st Level IT Support - Microsoft EnvironmentNSW
- CCSenior Process Analyst - Sydney CBDNSW
- CCTechnical BI Business Analyst- Informatica, Oracle OBIEENSW
- FTAgile Coach / Training & Support ManagerNSW