The Digital Advertising Alliance, a consortium of advertising trade groups, will roll out two new apps later this year aimed at giving mobile device users a choice of what ads they see.
Internet users overwhelmingly enjoy free Web content supported by advertising, and they'd rather see advertisements targeted toward their interests than random ads, according to a survey released this week by the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA).
New legislation in the U.S. Senate that would allow Internet users to tell companies to stop tracking them is unnecessary and could slow e-commerce growth, some tech groups said.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- New Microsoft beta lets workers build their own apps without coding
- Intel is on the verge of exiting the smartphone and tablet markets after cutting Atom chips
- 5 (more) reasons to be a data scientist
- FCC wireless auction hits spectrum target, paving way for fast, reliable 5G
- IBM offers advice on how to secure blockchain in the cloud
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCContract Systems Analyst (C++/JAVA/SQL) 160505/SA/971Asia
- FTSenior Business Intelligence ManagerNSW
- CCFull Stack Developer - Java - Blue Chip CompanyNSW
- FTSenior Storage Systems EngineerACT
- FTBusiness Intelligence ConsultantSA
- CCBusiness Analyst, Loyalty projectsNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (JAVA/Windows Programming) 160428/AP/143Asia
- CCAccount Manager - Software Solutions - Global IT CompanyNSW
- CCFront End DeveloperWA
- CCProcurement Contract SpecialistQLD
- CCCommVault Backp EngineerNSW
- FTProduction ConsultantVIC
- FTDatabase Administrator / ArchitectNSW
- CCSales Development Executive - Flexible Working HoursNSW
- CCSolutions Architect - Network and InfrastructureNSW
- FTSenior Revenue Systems Functional AnalystSA
- CCScrum MasterNSW
- FTNetwork ConsultantNSW
- CCFull Stack Developers - JavaNSW
- CCContract Analyst/Programmer II (Drupal 7.39/PHP) 160427/CAP/vccAsia
- FTMs Dynamics Nav Support Analyst- Level 1/2WA
- CCIT Network SpecialistVIC
- FTIT Support Engineer - Managed Service Provider - No two days are the sameNSW
- FTProject Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Data ManagementNSW