The Digital Advertising Alliance, a consortium of advertising trade groups, will roll out two new apps later this year aimed at giving mobile device users a choice of what ads they see.
Internet users overwhelmingly enjoy free Web content supported by advertising, and they'd rather see advertisements targeted toward their interests than random ads, according to a survey released this week by the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA).
New legislation in the U.S. Senate that would allow Internet users to tell companies to stop tracking them is unnecessary and could slow e-commerce growth, some tech groups said.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel, Microsoft renew 'Wintel' partnership with Project Evo and VR specs for PCs
- New Windows 10 Insider Build allows you to shut down your PC with your voice
- Microsoft wants to enable cellular PCs, but will carriers bite?
- Microsoft-Qualcomm deal finally puts Windows 10 and Win32 apps on ARM devices
- Bluetooth 5 is out: Now will home IoT take off?
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSenior Reporting Data Analyst - TelcoVIC
- FTBusiness Development AnalystVIC
- FTEUC Solution Architect l Large Transformation ProjectNSW
- CCProject Manager - Community Transport SolutionsACT
- FTSenior Project Manager / Program ManagerNSW
- FTUI DeveloperVIC
- CCWeb AnalystNSW
- CCTest Lead : Perth BasedSA
- CCSenior Test EngineerACT
- FTOracle IDM R1/R2 Implementation SpecialistNSW
- TPSenior Systems EngineerWA
- CCTest ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Systems EngineerVIC
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagersACT
- FTInfrastructure and Data Centre Support OfficerACT
- CCDevOps EngineerWA
- CCUI DesignerNSW
- TPWordpress DeveloperVIC
- TPBusiness Objects DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Manager, Data and InformationQLD
- CCSenior Back-end Developer/Database DesignerNSW
- FTTechnology Portfolio - Performance AnalystACT
- TPProject Manager - SAPQLD
- FTSystem AdministratorNSW
- TPSenior Engineer-UNIXVIC