The Digital Advertising Alliance, a consortium of advertising trade groups, will roll out two new apps later this year aimed at giving mobile device users a choice of what ads they see.
Internet users overwhelmingly enjoy free Web content supported by advertising, and they'd rather see advertisements targeted toward their interests than random ads, according to a survey released this week by the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA).
New legislation in the U.S. Senate that would allow Internet users to tell companies to stop tracking them is unnecessary and could slow e-commerce growth, some tech groups said.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Chrome bug triggered errors on websites using Symantec SSL certificates
- OpenAI releases Universe, a platform for training AIs to play games, use apps
- Apple offers views on automated car policy, but cagey about its plans
- Watch Dogs 2 review: A fresh, interesting rebirth that ditches the stale Ubisoft formula
- How to shoot a drone out of the sky
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTDevelopment Manager / Engineering Manager - Canberra RoleACT
- CCInfrastructure Architect - Immediate Start - Migration Project -Hyper-V & VMWareNSW
- FTSenior Reporting Data Analyst - TelcoVIC
- CCService Desk/Helpdesk ConsultantNSW
- FTProject Manager - Community Transport SolutionsNSW
- FTEnterprise Account ManagerNSW
- CCCloud Automation Engineer. Work Location - CanberraNSW
- FTLicensing SpecialistVIC
- CCSiebel Developers x 8NSW
- CCPrincipal Business AnalystQLD
- CCMainframe ArchitectVIC
- FTJunior Network Engineer (Juniper certified)SA
- CCGuidewire ArchitectNSW
- FTSystems Engineer - Managed Service ProviderVIC
- CCJava DeveloperWA
- FTInfrastructure ConsultantQLD
- CCProduct Manager - Life Insurance (Fixed-Term)VIC
- FTTechnology Portfolio - Performance AnalystACT
- FTService Desk AnalystVIC
- FTIdentity and Access Management SMEACT
- CCProgram Manager BankingNSW
- CCWeb Developer - Financial MarketsVIC
- CCUAT TesterQLD
- CCCX Performance & Insights AnalystNSW
- CCProgress DeveloperQLD