An IBM project to expand the market for its Power processor is making headway, with new hardware announced Wednesday that aims to challenge Intel's dominance in the data center.
Dell kicked off its customer conference in Texas this week, almost exactly a year after it became a private company, and on Wednesday announced a new type of server that Michael Dell bragged has the most compute density of its kind.
Google is well-known for building its own server hardware to meet the unique needs of its massive compute network, but that won't always be the case, according to the head of its infrastructure team.
Hewlett-Packard is partnering with Foxconn, the Taiwanese manufacturing giant best known for producing Apple's iPhone, to tackle the growing market for low-cost servers in cloud data centers.
Lenovo Group has agreed to buy IBM's x86 server hardware business and related maintenance services for $US2.3 billion.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- More than half the world is still offline
- AMD mulls a CPU+GPU super-chip in a server reboot
- This Tinder scam promises to verify your account, but actually sells porn
- EU dual-use tech ban plan could classify smartphones as weapons
- Gaming desktops with AMD Zen chips will be hard to come by this year
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCProject Manager- Infrastructure and App Roles- Gov BackgroundNSW
- CC.Net DeveloperNSW
- CCDatabase AdministratorNSW
- CCProject Services CoordinatorACT
- FTProgram Master SchedulerVIC
- CCPortfolio ManagerVIC
- FTBusiness Analyst - Temporary Fixed TermQLD
- FTBusiness Development ManagerVIC
- FTFull-Stack .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCTest Manager - Baseline SecurityVIC
- CCInfrastructure Solution DesignerACT
- FTDesktop Support Engineer (Renewable Contract)Asia
- CCDatabase developer/ModellerACT
- CCTest Lead-Agile, SCRUM, HP QC, JIRA, UX Government backgroundNSW
- CCAgile Scrum MasterACT
- CCSAP FICO Consultant/SAP FICO Stream LeadNSW
- FTPHP Developer (full stack)WA
- CCProject Manager/ Sr PMO Analyst - Consulting BackgroundNSW
- CCApplication Tester - Windows 10 ProjectWA
- CCOSS/BSS Solution ArchitectVIC
- CCAsp.Net Developer with Angular, SQL,Twitter Bootstrapper, CSSNSW
- CCProject Coordinator/ Jr Business Analyst- Govt backgroundNSW
- CCSQL DeveloperNSW
- FTSAP Team LeadVIC