Seagate Technology will buy LSI's flash storage business from Avago Technologies for US$450 million in cash.
Semiconductor company Avago Technologies has agreed to buy storage and networking company LSI for US$6.6 billion in an effort to expand its data center offerings.
The smartphone of the future is going to require a "revolution" in thinking about technical design and "not enough people are prepared" for the challenges coming in here years, the president of Samsung Electronics said in his keynote at the Design Au...
Chipmaker LSI is hoping to improve networking performance and flexibility with its ARM-based Axxia 4500 processor family, announced Monday.
Chipmaker LSI is taking ARM-based processors to new frontiers with its upcoming AXM5500 family, which will be used in mobile base stations of all sizes.
Fabless semi-conductor maker LSI Corp. today announced it will acquire SandForce, the leading maker of flash memory controllers for enterprise-class and consumer flash cards and SSDs. The buyout catapults LSI into the leadership position in SATA SSD ...
When Brigham Young University-Hawaii's digital media lab needed to turbo-charge its high-def video processing system, it had two choices: Add a storage area network or plop an solid state drive into its Macbook Pro laptop.
Permabit Technology on Tuesday announced an iteration of its Albireo primary data deduplication software for SMB network-attached storage systems based on Linux servers.
NetApp announced today that it has entered into an agreement to purchase Engenio, a maker of external high-performance storage arrays targeted at storing data from high-bandwidth applications such as video processing.
NetApp has agreed to acquire the Engenio external storage systems business of LSI for $US480 million in cash, aiming to serve new applications with growing demands for storage and to get into original-equipment manufacturing (OEM) arrangements with m...
Seagate Technology has announced it is shipping its Seagate self-encrypting drive (SED) across its portfolio of enterprise-class hard drives.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Indian privacy case against WhatsApp gains momentum
- Intel thinks IoT will have a firm place in the stores of the future
- China tightens control over app stores
- A new Microsoft foldable device patent offers more grist for the Surface phone rumor mill
- Critical flaw lets hackers take control of Samsung SmartCam cameras
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- CCITCM Technical Specialist - SydneyNSW
- CCTechnical Business Analyst - Infrastructure - VirtualizationNSW
- FTFront End DeveloperNSW
- FTFull Stack PHP DevelopersQLD
- CCSenior C++ Software EngineerVIC
- CCNetwork Design EngineerACT
- CCSenior Developer - Appian/PegaVIC
- CCVirtualization ArchitectACT
- CCSoftware DeveloperNSW
- CCApplication PackagerVIC
- FTBack End DeveloperNSW
- CCWebMethod DeveloperSA
- FTJunior IT AdministratorNSW
- TP.Net DeveloperVIC
- CCWebMethod DeveloperVIC
- CCNetwork EngineerVIC
- TPDeployment Support EngineerVIC
- FTSecurity IPS Engineer - Permanent - IT Services - SydneyNSW
- CCFIS Connex Developer (Brisbane Based)SA
- TPSenior Project Manager - Digital Application CX TransformationNSW
- TPService Deliver ManagerQLD
- TPProject Manager - EnterpriseACT
- CCJava Developer/ Guidewire Developers - Brisbane basedNSW
- FTPHP DeveloperQLD