An abundance of products based on Google's Android OS as well as modems for the next-generation mobile network technology LTE (Long-Term Evolution) will greet visitors at Mobile World Congress, which starts on Monday in Barcelona.
Mobile operator TeliaSonera has launched the world's first commercial LTE (Long-Term Evolution) networks, in the central parts of Stockholm and Oslo, it said on Monday. The service will become available on Tuesday, and cost 599 Swedish kronor (US$84)...
Backers of two competing specifications for delivering voice over LTE mobile data networks have heralded demonstrations in the past two days, while mobile giant Ericsson apparently dropped its support for one of the systems.
The Asia-Pacific region will have 43.6 million High-Speed Packet Access (HSPA) connections by the end of 2009 that will drive the adoption of Long Term Evolution (LTE) technology, according to analyst firm IDC.
Wireless broadband provider Clearwire had about 173,000 WiMax subscribers at the end of September and should be able to offer service to 120 million potential subscribers in the U.S. by the end of next year, the company said Tuesday.
This week's $US2.9 billion acquisition of Starent Networks indicates that Cisco is backpedaling from its WiMAX focus and shifting it to LTE as the 4G underpinning of next generation mobile data networks.
When the first LTE (Long Term Evolution) networks and devices are launched next year, users can expect to see a download speed of about 20Mbps, according to Motorola and ZTE.
Clearwire will start offering its mobile WiMax wireless data service commercially in Las Vegas on July 21, building on its still-sparse coverage area with a fourth major city.
To get the most out of upcoming mobile broadband networks based on LTE (Long Term Evolution), the use of femtocells is a key ingredient, according to industry organization the Femto Forum.
Wi-Fi hotspots are back in the spotlight, with more operators getting onboard. Cheaper international data roaming, better indoor coverage and the ubiquity of built-in support for Wi-Fi will help hotspots remain relevant in a mobile broadband centric ...
NTT DoCoMo, Japan's biggest cellular carrier, will soon launch improvements to its network that promise data transfers up to 15 times faster than are currently possible - and it plans even greater changes next year.
Nokia Siemens Networks, Avaya and Siemens Enterprise Communications are moving in to buy parts of troubled Nortel Networks, the Wall Street Journal reported Wednesday, citing unnamed sources.
Verizon Wireless will join the Joint Innovation Lab (JIL) created by China Mobile, Softbank and Vodafone to help standardize mobile application development and get new software out to mobile users more quickly.
Alcatel-Lucent on Wednesday was set to introduce its Evolved Packet Core (EPC), a set of network components that will help to power the LTE network of Verizon Wireless and other mobile operators.
LG Electronics plans to protect its future Long Term Evolution (LTE) 4G chipsets and phones with an embedded security system from Israel-based Discretix.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- A Russian hacker gave away millions of email credentials for social media votes
- It's time to future-proof Australia's copyright laws for the 21st century
- Prepare for the rise of the augmented human: Futurist Simon Raik-Allen
- This startup uses machine learning to turn your old enterprise apps into mobile ones
- AMD gets into SSDs with value Radeon R3 drives. But US only for now.
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCInfra Project Manager-Data Center, Cloud, Storage, NetworkNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - Workforce ManagementVIC
- CCRemedy AdministratorNSW
- FTDeveloper - OSB/BPELNSW
- CCTechnical WriterACT
- CCHyperion ConsultantNSW
- FTDesktop SupportNSW
- FTSenior Business Intelligence ManagerNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (.Net/JAVA/Oracle) 160504/SA/vtdAsia
- CCAnalyst Programmer (JAVA/Windows Programming) 160422/AP/544Asia
- CCHealthcare Test SpecialistSA
- CCDigital Project ManagerNSW
- FTVendor Manager / Team Lead - ITIL / ITSMVIC
- FTSenior Project Manager - Payroll IntegrationVIC
- CCTransition Program ManagerNSW
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- CCSAP BASIS ConsultantVIC
- CC.NET Developer (Application production Support)NSW
- CCSenior Implementation AnalystNSW
- CCSales Development Executive - Flexible Working HoursNSW
- CCProduct SpecialistVIC
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCInfrastructure Assurance OfficerACT
- CCMid Range Developer (Senior .NET Developer)QLD
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Data ManagementNSW