Nokia Siemens Networks, Avaya and Siemens Enterprise Communications are moving in to buy parts of troubled Nortel Networks, the Wall Street Journal reported Wednesday, citing unnamed sources.
Verizon Wireless will join the Joint Innovation Lab (JIL) created by China Mobile, Softbank and Vodafone to help standardize mobile application development and get new software out to mobile users more quickly.
Alcatel-Lucent on Wednesday was set to introduce its Evolved Packet Core (EPC), a set of network components that will help to power the LTE network of Verizon Wireless and other mobile operators.
LG Electronics plans to protect its future Long Term Evolution (LTE) 4G chipsets and phones with an embedded security system from Israel-based Discretix.
Equipment vendors are trying to convince mobile operators to spend money upgrading their networks to deliver faster Internet access, with two technologies battling for the bucks: LTE (Long Term Evolution) and WiMax. However in the short term the winn...
Supporters of rival technologies WiMax and LTE (Long Term Evolution) will do their best to show momentum behind their respective technologies at Mobile World Congress.
Motorola has launched a LTE (Long Term Evolution) trial network in the UK after opening a testing lab in Swindon, that will allow UK operators to experiment with the 4G technology.
Nortel Networks is dropping out of the mobile WiMax business entirely and will end an agreement with Israeli-company Alvarion to resell Alvarion mobile Wimax gear.
After selling them for just a few months, Nokia has decided to stop making its N810 WiMax Edition handheld computer.
Motorola has completed its first over-the-air data transmission using Long-Term Evolution technology over 700MHz spectrum.
Ericsson has demonstrated wireless broadband technology that can transmit data at 160Mbps.
Latest News Articles
- Frustrated users complain about SkyDrive problems after Windows 8.1 update
- Intel signs tech partnership for 49ers' Silicon Valley stadium
- NSA task force recommends major changes in surveillance
- Oracle's Q2 profits down 1 percent, revenue up 2 percent to $9.3 billion
- Italian Supreme Court upholds acquittals in Googe video bullying case
Most Popular Articles
- 1 What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- 2 Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- 3 Windows 7 Home Premium vs. Windows 7 Professional
- 4 How do I connect my TV to the Internet?
- 5 Samsung’s 2013 Smart TVs: everything you need to know
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Best Deals on PCWorld
- Mobile PhonesView all »
- NotebooksView all »
- TabletsView all »
- Printers & ScannersView all »
- Networking, Wireless & VoIPView all »