Chinese telecommunications company Huawei has taken the wraps off a premium 7in Android ‘phablet’ that could serve as a genuine alternative to Samsung’s Galaxy Note series. The company unveiled the 7in MediaPad X1 at the Mobile World Congress (MWC) i...
Huawei’s MediaPad M1 is an 8in tablet that has a body made from aviation aluminum metal. Its IPS screen has a 800x1280 resolution, is bordered by a thick black bezel and it features front-facing speakers. .
Android's race to the bottom seems to have inspired companies of all sorts to release their own phone or tablet device. Now you can count Monster among them.
Apple's senior vice president of worldwide marketing Phil Schiller has defended the iPad mini's price tag, claiming that it's the quality of the newly announced device that will help it beat the competition.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Bose SoundLink on-ear Bluetooth headphones
- 2 Apple iPhone 6 Plus: An in depth review
- 3 Medion Akoya P2214T (MD99430) hybrid laptop
- 4 Motorola Moto G (2nd Gen.) android smartphone
- 5 HTC One Mini 2 android smartphone
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Wi-Fi Passpoint standard now knits together SF, San Jose, London
- Big Data Digest: Rise of the think-bots
- FCC pushes TV spectrum auction to 2016 after legal challenge
- Apple mum as Mac owners tussle with Yosemite over Wi-Fi problems
- Apple Pay tops Tim Cook's to-do list in China
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTAccount ExecutiveNSW
- FTPartner Marketing Communications Manager - Leading Global Tech BrandNSW
- CCConsumer Product Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTDigital PR SpecialistNSW
- FTTechnical Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTDigital Account ExecutiveNSW
- FTMarketing Communications Operations Manager - Global Tech Market leaderNSW
- FTBusiness ManagerNSW
- FTBusiness development manager - retargettingNSW