IBM's year-long partnership with Apple took a new turn on Wednesday with the PC giant's announcement of new cloud services designed to help large companies incorporate Macs into their IT infrastructures.
Apple reported an unusual misstep in the April-to-June quarter, selling fewer iPhones than analysts had been expecting, but it wasn't all bad news from Cupertino.
Apple reported its quarterly numbers on Tuesday, a mixed bag that saw profits rise up but sales fall short of the mark. Here are five takeaways from the earnings call that followed.
Apple has racked up another hugely profitable quarter on sales of iPhones and Macintosh computers, though its revenue growth was slower than expected.
Apple has been sued by US patent company DSS Technology Management for infringing two patents relating to the use of wireless peripheral devices, parent company Document Security Systems said Wednesday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Is the road to machine learning paved with API providers?
- Need data-science skills? Now your team can learn together
- Hackers of two Ukrainian utilities probably hit mining and railroad targets, too
- Qualcomm hopes a gradual approach to server market will pay dividends
- US Senate passes permanent ban on Internet access taxes
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst / Scrum MasterNSW
- CCSharePoint DeveloperACT
- CCEnterprise Systems Infrastructure SpecialistNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - Superannuation FundVIC
- CCPega BPM Developer / Configurer - 12 months contractACT
- CCSAP DS and BI SpecialistVIC
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- CCRecords Officer - CanberraACT
- PTService Desk OperatorSA
- CCUX DesignerNSW
- CCSenior Information Security SpecialistNSW
- CCAngularJS DeveloperNSW
- FTTechnical Lead (C#/.Net)NSW
- CCIT Security EngineerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer 160120/AP/vvtAsia
- CCFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCProject ManagerSA
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCProject Manager, Network, FinanceNSW
- FTCyber Security SpecialistNSW
- FTSoftware Developer - Ruby on RailsNSW
- CCInformatica ExpertNSW
- FTInsight / Customer - Data ScientistNSW
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | Projects & BAU | Coastal Newcastle NSWWA