IBM's year-long partnership with Apple took a new turn on Wednesday with the PC giant's announcement of new cloud services designed to help large companies incorporate Macs into their IT infrastructures.
Apple reported an unusual misstep in the April-to-June quarter, selling fewer iPhones than analysts had been expecting, but it wasn't all bad news from Cupertino.
Apple reported its quarterly numbers on Tuesday, a mixed bag that saw profits rise up but sales fall short of the mark. Here are five takeaways from the earnings call that followed.
Apple has racked up another hugely profitable quarter on sales of iPhones and Macintosh computers, though its revenue growth was slower than expected.
Apple has been sued by US patent company DSS Technology Management for infringing two patents relating to the use of wireless peripheral devices, parent company Document Security Systems said Wednesday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 4 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Workstation software flaw exposes industrial control systems to hacking
- Critical account creation flaws patched in popular Joomla CMS
- ARM builds up security in the tiniest IoT chips
- Google is trying to reinvent the whiteboard
- Google buys eye-tracking VR firm Eyefluence
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCPHP DeveloperNSW
- FTUX/UI DesignerNSW
- CCMultiple Opportunities - Baseline, NV1 or NV2SA
- FTWeb DeveloperNSW
- CCResident Engineer - Nexus 2K, 5K, 7K & 9KNSW
- CCICT Project Reporting Planning CoordinatorNSW
- FTSenior .Net Software EngineerVIC
- FTMid-Level .NET DeveloperVIC
- FTCRM Developer - MS Dynamics CRMNSW
- FTBI Developer-Micro-strategyNSW
- CCSenior Test Analyst (Brisbane Based)QLD
- CCJava Developers - Federal Government experienceNSW
- FTSenior Analyst Programmer Payments GatewayVIC
- FTAgile Front End Developer- HTML5 & CSS3NSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (HTML/JAVA/J2EE) 161025/AP/862Asia
- TPSoftware Engineer - C++QLD
- FTIntegration SpecialistSA
- CCSenior Network EngineerACT
- CCFront End Developer - Mid LevelNSW
- CCBusiness Consultant - CPM SoftwareVIC
- PTService Management AnalystSA
- CCOrganisational Change Manager - BankingNSW
- FTSoftware Development ManagerNSW
- FTSenior MS Dynamics CRM ConsultantQLD