IBM's year-long partnership with Apple took a new turn on Wednesday with the PC giant's announcement of new cloud services designed to help large companies incorporate Macs into their IT infrastructures.
Apple reported an unusual misstep in the April-to-June quarter, selling fewer iPhones than analysts had been expecting, but it wasn't all bad news from Cupertino.
Apple reported its quarterly numbers on Tuesday, a mixed bag that saw profits rise up but sales fall short of the mark. Here are five takeaways from the earnings call that followed.
Apple has racked up another hugely profitable quarter on sales of iPhones and Macintosh computers, though its revenue growth was slower than expected.
Apple has been sued by US patent company DSS Technology Management for infringing two patents relating to the use of wireless peripheral devices, parent company Document Security Systems said Wednesday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Asus unveils Zenbo, a cute robot for the home priced at $599
- Australia lagging decades behind in cyber security efforts: ACCS
- Google's Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP) speed up web browsing for users
- Iran orders messaging apps to store data of local users in the country
- Staring at your phone? The next ARM chips are just for you
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCDigital Content ProducerVIC
- CCTechnical Solutions Specialist - Software Developer (Client facing)NSW
- CCTransition Project ManagerNSW
- CCSenior DevOps EngineerACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (MS SQL Server/C#.NET)160520/AP/vmtAsia
- FTSenior Developer (Full stack)SA
- CCAnalyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle/SQL*PLUS) 160519/AP/432Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle) 160520/AP/985Asia
- FTPermanent Defence network engineer - career progression & flexible conditionsACT
- CCSoftware Licensing AnalystVIC
- CCIT Change CoordinatorNSW
- CCOracle Applications Team LeadNSW
- CCProject Manager/Iteration ManagerVIC
- CCIT Security Consultant -NSW
- CCSenior Programmer (Data Engineering)NSW
- CCOpen Source Specialist / Senior ConsultantQLD
- CCIT Environment and Deployment SpecialistQLD
- CCBI/Information/Data/Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior BA - Enterprise DataNSW
- CCSr Service ManagementACT
- CCMS SCOM AdministratorVIC
- CCTechnical Digital Producer / Requirements EngineerNSW
- CCSolutions Architect - Enterprise ApplicationsNSW
- CCSecurity Clearances Vetting Services OfficerACT
- CCAccess Control Administration / Help desk OperatorACT