As anticipated, Apple today refreshed its MacBook Pro notebook line, turning to Intel's new Sandy Bridge chip architecture and adding a new connectivity technology dubbed Thunderbolt that transfers data at speeds up to 10Gbps.
Apple today pulled the retail version of its MobileMe sync and storage service from its online store, and dropped the service from the list of optional factory-installed software for its Macs.
Apple refreshed its MacBook Pro laptop line Thursday, and it's not just about speeds and feeds this time. With the addition of Intel's Sandy Bridge processor, AMD graphics, Facetime-enabled HD camera and a new high-speed Thunderbolt I/O port (report...
Apple today released a preview of Mac OS X 10.7, aka Lion, to developers, who can download the new operating system from the Mac App Store.
Apple will hold an event next Wednesday, March 2, where it will likely launch the next iPad, analysts said today.
Researchers in Germany say they've been able to reveal passwords stored in a locked iPhone in just six minutes and they did it without cracking the phone's passcode.
Apple will introduce the next iPhone on June 6, an analyst said today.
Mac OS X gained share last month by the largest amount since March 2010, while iOS, the operating system that powers the iPhone and iPad, passed two per cent for the first time, a Web metrics vendor said Tuesday.
Apple isn't wasting any time getting to work this January after bringing the iPhone to Verizon earlier this week. The company released the first beta version of iOS 4.3 for iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch and Apple TV on Wednesday night. The new version of ...
As promised, Apple opened its Mac App Store today, stocking it with more than 1,000 games, utilities and productivity programs.
Apple will pull all applications from its own Mac OS X download site on the same day that it launches the new Mac App Store early next month, according to reports.
Apple today announced that it would open its Mac App Store on Jan. 6, 2011, beating its self-imposed deadline by several weeks.
Microsoft on Wednesday issued an Office for Mac 2008 security update that patched four vulnerabilities the company had disclosed but not addressed last month.
Apple on Tuesday patched 15 vulnerabilities in its QuickTime media player for Windows and Mac OS X 10.5, aka Leopard.
Apple will launch its Mac App Store next week, according to a blog that cited an "inside source" at the company.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 3 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 4 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- There's now a tool to test for NSA spyware
- Logitech's G410 mechanical keyboard is $60 today
- Leaked Microsoft document confirms Windows 10 Cloud and a Chromebook competitor
- Phishing attacks using internationalized domains are hard to block
- Users' orders: Make it easier to build hybrid clouds
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSenior Java DeveloperVIC
- CCSAP CRM Functional AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Analyst ProgrammerACT
- CCDigital Project ManagerVIC
- FTFirewall EngineerNSW
- FTTechnical Support AnalystVIC
- FTHyperion SpecialistNSW
- TPRegional Level 2/3 Desktop Support AnalystVIC
- FTSecurity EngineerACT
- FTHealthcare Application Integration SupportQLD
- FTProduct Manager - Machine To MachineVIC
- FTSenior BI AnalystQLD
- TPAutomation TesterQLD
- TPTeam Leader Project And Quality AssuranceVIC
- CCUser ResearchNSW
- FTMobile Studio Manager/ Mobile UX Manager - GAME CHANGER!NSW
- TPBusiness Analyst | DETQLD
- FTWFM Support Analyst (Kronos)NSW
- FTSenior / Lead iOS DeveloperNSW
- FTInfrastructure Project Manager Office 365 ImplementationVIC
- FTWindows Dev Ops EngineerNSW
- FTTechnical Lead - FrontendNSW
- FTFull Stack Software DeveloperQLD
- TPWeb DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Network EngineerACT