As anticipated, Apple today refreshed its MacBook Pro notebook line, turning to Intel's new Sandy Bridge chip architecture and adding a new connectivity technology dubbed Thunderbolt that transfers data at speeds up to 10Gbps.
Apple today pulled the retail version of its MobileMe sync and storage service from its online store, and dropped the service from the list of optional factory-installed software for its Macs.
Apple refreshed its MacBook Pro laptop line Thursday, and it's not just about speeds and feeds this time. With the addition of Intel's Sandy Bridge processor, AMD graphics, Facetime-enabled HD camera and a new high-speed Thunderbolt I/O port (report...
Apple today released a preview of Mac OS X 10.7, aka Lion, to developers, who can download the new operating system from the Mac App Store.
Apple will hold an event next Wednesday, March 2, where it will likely launch the next iPad, analysts said today.
Researchers in Germany say they've been able to reveal passwords stored in a locked iPhone in just six minutes and they did it without cracking the phone's passcode.
Apple will introduce the next iPhone on June 6, an analyst said today.
Mac OS X gained share last month by the largest amount since March 2010, while iOS, the operating system that powers the iPhone and iPad, passed two per cent for the first time, a Web metrics vendor said Tuesday.
Apple isn't wasting any time getting to work this January after bringing the iPhone to Verizon earlier this week. The company released the first beta version of iOS 4.3 for iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch and Apple TV on Wednesday night. The new version of ...
As promised, Apple opened its Mac App Store today, stocking it with more than 1,000 games, utilities and productivity programs.
Apple will pull all applications from its own Mac OS X download site on the same day that it launches the new Mac App Store early next month, according to reports.
Apple today announced that it would open its Mac App Store on Jan. 6, 2011, beating its self-imposed deadline by several weeks.
Microsoft on Wednesday issued an Office for Mac 2008 security update that patched four vulnerabilities the company had disclosed but not addressed last month.
Apple on Tuesday patched 15 vulnerabilities in its QuickTime media player for Windows and Mac OS X 10.5, aka Leopard.
Apple will launch its Mac App Store next week, according to a blog that cited an "inside source" at the company.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Lavabit developer has a new encrypted, end-to-end email protocol
- Apple sues Qualcomm over patent licensing and $1B in payments
- New details emerge about Intel's super-small Euclid computer for robots
- Microsoft will soon end Office 2013 distribution through Office 365
- Researchers propose a way to use your heartbeat as a password
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- TPProgram ManagerNSW
- CCSystems EngineerQLD
- CCSenior IT Digital BA/Project ManagerVIC
- TPBusiness Analyst - DataQLD
- FTFront End UI DeveloperQLD
- CCChange and Communications AnalystQLD
- FTLevel 2 Help Desk SupportNSW
- CCJava Developer/ Guidewire Developers - Brisbane basedNSW
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- TPTechnical Change AnalystQLD
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- FTTrading Systems EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Linux Systems AdministratorNSW
- CCTechnical Project ManagerNSW
- CCEnterprise Solution Architect - Customer Experience PlatformsNSW
- CCIntegration Systems SpecialistQLD
- TPInfrastructure ArchitectVIC
- CCProcess Specialist - short contract, asap start!VIC
- TPTechnical Solutions Architect-Dynamics CRMVIC
- TPSenior Project Manager - Digital Application CX TransformationNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst Finance & Lending - Brisbane Based RoleNSW
- FTSecurity Incident / SOC Analyst (Tier 1) - Permanent - North Ryde BasedNSW
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- CCEnterprise Solution ArchitectNSW