Christie's auction house in London today sold an Apple-1 computer for 133,250, or $213,600.
Nearly five months after Apple rolled out iOS 4 in tandem with the iPhone 4 launch, it has released the latest update for the software that powers its touch-screen lineup: iOS 4.2.1 (along with version 4.1 for the latest-generation Apple TV). The fre...
Apple has finally released the highly-anticipated iOS 4.2. While the attention around iOS 4.2 has been focused on the enhancements and new features -- particularly for the iPad, the update also fixes more than 80 vulnerabilities in the iPhone, iPod, ...
Microsoft will slash the price of its Office for Mac 2011 suite by as much as 33% next week during a five-day sale.
Apple today patched 27 vulnerabilities in Safari for Mac OS X and Windows, 85 per cent of them critical bugs that could be exploited to hijack Macs or PCs.
Security experts are split over whether Apple's decision to hand over Java to an Oracle-backed open-source project is a good deal for Mac users.
After sitting on the sidelines watching iPhone and iPod Touch owners enjoy the virtues of iOS 4.0 for the past few months, iPad owners have been anxiously counting the days until iOS 4.2 will be released for the tablet. Well, it seems that wait will ...
Apple on Wednesday patched more than 130 vulnerabilities in Mac OS X, smashing a record the company set last March when it fixed over 90 flaws.
Microsoft today explained why it has not patched older versions of its Office for Mac, but would not disclose a release schedule for doing so.
Security researchers today warned that Apple's OS X contains a critical vulnerability that attackers could use to hijack Macs running the older Leopard version of the operating system.
Apple has released the final version of iOS 4.2 to developers, and will soon make the update available to the general public -- possibly as early as tomorrow, according to some reports. The first major update of iOS for the iPad brings a number of tw...
Apple announced the end of the XServe line, effective January of 2011. The small and loyal Apple market may be disappointed by the loss, but Apple is also unveiling some alternative Mac server options to fill the void.
When I reviewed Microsoft Office for Mac 2008, I said the then-new version of the suite was "kind of like getting a new Chevy." In other words, it was a solid upgrade, but nothing to really get excited about.
Last week a malware threat emerged that impacted both Windows and Mac OS X systems. To be fair, the attack is more social engineering than PC exploit, but it impacts Mac OS X users just the same. ESET's David Harley has written a more detailed analys...
A new variant of the Koobface worm that targets Mac OS X and Linux as well as Windows is spreading through Facebook, MySpace and Twitter, security researchers warned today.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Poseidon hacker group behind long-running extortion scheme
- Is Docker ditching Ubuntu Linux? Confusion reigns
- Google will stop accepting new Flash ads on June 30
- Samsung hopes Raspberry Pi can spread Tizen OS adoption
- 5G dreams in Barcelona: Cars, robots and VR games
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCCitrix Systems EngineerNSW
- FTVB6 DeveloperNSW
- FTUX Front-End DeveloperWA
- CC.NET DeveloperACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (MS.Net/Visual Basic) 160129/AP/vtdAsia
- CCWintel Engineer with Sharepoint 2010 / 2013NSW
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | $60-90K package | Northern BeachesNSW
- CCHelpdesk SupportNSW
- CCSenior Change Analyst - Multiple RolesVIC
- FTInsight / Customer - Data ScientistNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - DigitalVIC
- FTSenior Oracle DBANSW
- CCProject Manager & Coordination OfficerACT
- FTNetwork Engineer | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projects | Immediate interviewACT
- FTSenior Systems/SAN EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - ComplianceVIC
- CCPython Web Developer - DevOPS EnvironmentVIC
- CCSenior Product Specialist - Cisco CPENSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Online Gaming SystemsNSW
- CCJava Development Contract - MelbourneVIC
- CCOracle Developer - 3 month contractSA
- CCHybris Developer - Global ConsultancyNSW
- CCJava Developer - Front/ Back EndVIC
- CCImmediate iOS Developer RequiredNSW