Security researchers say a second experiment showing how easy it is to write ransomware for Apple Macs isn't surprising, so it's likely that hackers will eventually target Apple computers with it.
A critical vulnerability affecting most Apple Mac models has been discovered that could enable attackers to overwrite firmware and gain persistent root access to computers.
Some tips to get the most out of Apple’s new operating system.
Following revisions to Apple’s iPad range and 27in iMac is the Mac Mini, which was the beneficiary of processing updates and a new operating system.
Apple is expected to announce new versions of its Mac computers and notebooks come 16 October, but the device that has people waiting with bated breath is the follow up to the company’s iPad Air.
Foxtel subsidiary Presto has announced it will halve the price of its video-on-demand subscription service to $9.99 a month as of Sunday, 17 August.
Google has made it possible to access your Windows or Mac PC computer on your smartphone. Doing so requires two things: an Android smartphone and the Chrome browser.
Foxtel’s Play video-on-demand service is now available on Sony’s PlayStation 3, with the content provider pledging future support for the next-generation PlayStation 4.
Presto makes Foxtel’s movie library available for $20 per month without having to commit to a contract. The service will have access to roughly one thousand movies from several notable Hollywood studios, in addition to granting subscribers access to ...
Apple has launched its free iTunes Radio service in Australia as it hopes to prevent customers from migrating to rival music streaming services.
Apple is celebrating the 30-year anniversary of its Macintosh computer with a commemorative video shot entirely with the iPhone 5S.
Following a five-month wait, Foxtel has made its streamlined IPTV service, Foxtel Play, available to selected 2013 LG Smart TV models.
The next version of Apple's OS X – dubbed OS X 10.10 – has been spotted in web analytics reports, suggesting that Apple is already working on the operating system that will succeed Apple's new OS X Mavericks.
Some of the rumours about Apple over the years were just ridiculous.
Your guide to a short and painless learning curve.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Upgrading to SAP Hana? This new tool can help prepare your code
- The eyes have it: How one startup aims to change the future of VR
- Gaming on Linux, Steam machines set to soar with DirectX competitor Vulkan
- Google didn't abuse its position in Streetmap case, UK court rules
- New Chromebook won't break with 365-pound person standing on it
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- FTServer EngineerNSW
- CCImplementation AnalystNSW
- CCSenior PMO Analyst / PMO LeadVIC
- FTNetwork Engineer | NV2 clearance | Military jets, subs, bases and networksACT
- CCITIL Release Manager - CBD SYDNEYNSW
- FTIT Technical LeadVIC
- FTApplication Support AnalystVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer(Crystal Report/Oracle)160127/AP/vhsAsia
- FTFunctional Business Analyst - Commodities and FX DomainNSW
- FTProject Manager | Defence projects | NV1/NV2 cleared | Canberra basedACT
- CCSenior Network EngineersACT
- FTProject Manager | SharePoint, Office 365 SkillsVIC
- CCSharePoint AdministratorACT
- CCIT Solutions DesignerNSW
- CCSAP DS and BI SpecialistVIC
- CCRisk and Quality Assurance AnalystVIC
- FTInsight / Customer - Data ScientistNSW
- FTSoftware Developer - Ruby on RailsNSW
- CCProject Manager, Network, FinanceNSW
- CC.NET DeveloperACT
- FTLinux AdministratorVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Crystal Reports) 160129/AP/vhs-aAsia
- CCInformatica ExpertNSW