The computers we use today derive their core experience from Apple's Mac, but the Mac also popularized other tech that's now standard today
Even if Apple has few high-resolution iPad Mini tablets to sell in November, it will still unveil the new device this month, risking a repeat of last year's iMac debacle, an analyst argued today.
Apple will unveil a pair of iPhones next month, including a lower-priced smartphone with a plastic case in five color choices, according to reports from a Taiwanese news outlet.
Apple CEO Tim Cook on Tuesday let loose another salvo at rival tablets, audaciously dismissing them as devices that no one uses.
Calls for Apple to start selling a lower-priced iPhone just don't make sense, an analyst said today, because Apple already sells millions of discounted smartphones.
Apple promised to investigate a report that a young Chinese woman was electrocuted when she answered her iPhone 5 while it was plugged into its charger.
Apple sold about 38 million iPhones in the first quarter, an 8 per cent increase over what it sold in the same quarter a year ago, according to an ISI Group analyst. Other analysts pegged the sales number at 35 million.
If Apple ever makes some kind of "iWatch" wearable device, how the company positions the device will tell a lot about where it's going.
A watch that doubles as a computer and two-way radio has been a technology vision since at least the 1950s. But if recent reports that Apple's interested in an 'iWatch' are true, would such a device sell?
Apple may be able to build a cut-rate iPhone for $144, which would let it price the device between $299 and $349, hundreds less than the unsubsidized price tag of its flagship smartphone, an analyst said today.
Apple's computer hardware designs through the years have reflected the state of the company. Subliminal messages abound with each product release. Here are some of Apple's most bold, iconic computer designs and what we think they're telling us.
Apple will manufacture one of its Mac lines exclusively in the U.S. by the end of 2013, CEO Tim Cook told NBC and BusinessWeek in interviews made public today.
An aggressive iPad Mini cannibalization rate could add as few as 3 million tablets to Apple's bottom line in what is shaping up to be a record total for the quarter, an analyst said today.
Apple has announced the iPhone 5 will reach retail in South Korea on Dec. 7 and another 54 countries later this month.
iPhone 5 supplies continued to improve this week as Apple reduced the wait time for delivery to "2 weeks" on its online store.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Google Fiber puts expansion plans on hold to review strategy
- Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- Civilization VI review: Learning from some (but not all) of history's mistakes
- Dyn attack: US Senator wants to know why IoT security is so anemic
- Apple's Q4 2016 results: Better than expected with 45.5 million iPhones sold, but revenue continues to slide
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSolution Architect - Application IntegrationQLD
- CCCompliance Administrator - Contracts/ ProcurementVIC
- CCMobile Developers (IOS and Android)QLD
- TPJunior Project ManagerSA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL/Web) 161026/AP/632Asia
- CCIT Manager - ANZNSW
- CCSalesforce DeveloperNSW
- TPBusiness Systems AnalystQLD
- FTRelease CoordinatorACT
- CCSAP FunctionalistACT
- FTMid to senior Java Software EngineerNSW
- CCChange Analyst - BankingNSW
- CCTest Analyst : AutomationNSW
- FTHands-on Service Desk Team LeadNSW
- FTData ScientistSA
- TPSenior Finance Systems AnalystVIC
- TPCRM Business AnalystVIC
- FTBI Developer-Micro-strategyNSW
- FTNetwork Specialist - Palo Alto FirewallsVIC
- FTSecurity Consultant / SMENSW
- CCKofax DeveloperQLD
- CCSolution Architect - BRISBANE BASEDNSW
- CCeCommerce Project ManagerNSW
- FTSENIOR .Net DEVELOPERQLD
- CCInfrastructure ArchitectNSW