The computers we use today derive their core experience from Apple's Mac, but the Mac also popularized other tech that's now standard today
Even if Apple has few high-resolution iPad Mini tablets to sell in November, it will still unveil the new device this month, risking a repeat of last year's iMac debacle, an analyst argued today.
Apple will unveil a pair of iPhones next month, including a lower-priced smartphone with a plastic case in five color choices, according to reports from a Taiwanese news outlet.
Apple CEO Tim Cook on Tuesday let loose another salvo at rival tablets, audaciously dismissing them as devices that no one uses.
Calls for Apple to start selling a lower-priced iPhone just don't make sense, an analyst said today, because Apple already sells millions of discounted smartphones.
Apple promised to investigate a report that a young Chinese woman was electrocuted when she answered her iPhone 5 while it was plugged into its charger.
Apple sold about 38 million iPhones in the first quarter, an 8 per cent increase over what it sold in the same quarter a year ago, according to an ISI Group analyst. Other analysts pegged the sales number at 35 million.
If Apple ever makes some kind of "iWatch" wearable device, how the company positions the device will tell a lot about where it's going.
A watch that doubles as a computer and two-way radio has been a technology vision since at least the 1950s. But if recent reports that Apple's interested in an 'iWatch' are true, would such a device sell?
Apple may be able to build a cut-rate iPhone for $144, which would let it price the device between $299 and $349, hundreds less than the unsubsidized price tag of its flagship smartphone, an analyst said today.
Apple's computer hardware designs through the years have reflected the state of the company. Subliminal messages abound with each product release. Here are some of Apple's most bold, iconic computer designs and what we think they're telling us.
Apple will manufacture one of its Mac lines exclusively in the U.S. by the end of 2013, CEO Tim Cook told NBC and BusinessWeek in interviews made public today.
An aggressive iPad Mini cannibalization rate could add as few as 3 million tablets to Apple's bottom line in what is shaping up to be a record total for the quarter, an analyst said today.
Apple has announced the iPhone 5 will reach retail in South Korea on Dec. 7 and another 54 countries later this month.
iPhone 5 supplies continued to improve this week as Apple reduced the wait time for delivery to "2 weeks" on its online store.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Your slice of the Windows 10 birthday cake
- Review: Arcam MusicBoost for iPhone 6 and 6S
- How to reinstall Windows like a pro
- Intel mulls selling its security business
- Former NBN CEO joins Tony Windsor on campaign trail
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160621/P/866Asia
- CCSenior IT Automated TesterNSW
- FTAppian Developer/ArchitectVIC
- CCContract Junior Programmer (HTML/JAVA/MySQL) 160613/JP/921Asia
- FTIT Service Desk AnalystNSW
- CCInside Sales Specialist / Customer Service - TelecommunicationsNSW
- FTTechnical Lead - Tier 1 Customer interfaceACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (HTML/SQL/PHP) 160628/AP/113Asia
- CCMobility Developer (iOS or Android)NSW
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCSecurity Solution ArchitectQLD
- CCBusiness Analyst - BPRNSW
- CCSAP Business Analyst - FinanceNSW
- CCDynamics CRM DeveloperNSW
- CCIntegration ArchitectACT
- CCProgram Test ManagerNSW
- CCContract Junior Programmer (JAVA / SQL) 160621/JP/224Asia
- CCNational Project CoordinatorNSW
- CCWindows 2003-2012 R2 Active Directory Consultant/ManagerNSW
- CCService Desk AnaystNSW
- CCProject Master SchedulerVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCCobol ProgrammerACT
- CCWAN Contract ManagerACT
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC