The information management system known as the web turns 25 this year. Its birthday, however, may not be celebrated by everyone.
Delays affected the delivery of messages to Gmail users Tuesday morning, days after key Google Web apps, including Docs and Drive, were hit by a bug lasting more than five hours.
Gmail users who get frustrated trying to find the "unsubscribe" link that's often buried in small type at the bottom of promotional emails may instead start seeing it before they even open the message.
With information besieging users from all sides and ending up archived -- or not -- in email, cloud storage or simply lurking in social media streams, keeping everything organized can be a chore. A service now out of beta from the co-founder of Flick...
Lavabit, the private email service that shut down last year after a court order called for its private SSL (secure socket layer) keys, will make its case Tuesday before a U.S. federal appeals court.
Domain name company, GoDaddy, will offer Office 365 email and productivity services to its small-business customers, after signing a long-term partnership with Microsoft.
Google has deepened the integration between its Plus social network and Gmail, adding a feature that auto-suggests Plus contacts when Gmail users are typing in email recipients.
Yahoo has started to automatically encrypt connections between users and its email service, adding an important security layer that rival Gmail has had for almost four years, but its implementation needs work, according to at least one security exper...
Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer said Friday saying she was "very sorry" for this week's Yahoo Mail outage, which she implied has affected roughly one million users.
Google will now display images by default in Gmail because it says it has developed a system that protects message recipients from potentially dangerous photos and graphics.
Yahoo's Mail service remains down for some users a day after the company said access would be restored.
Microsoft has opened another front in its webmail war against Google with the release of a new tool designed to automate the migration process for Gmail users who want to switch to Outlook.com.
In a major move for data portability, Google will let users download their entire set of Gmail messages in a single file and do the same with their Google Calendar items.
Russia's Mail.ru Group made its first foray in the U.S market on Tuesday, launching three mobile applications.
Google has updated its Gmail iOS app with improvements aimed at simplifying user-interface navigation and enhancing message viewing and composition on iPads.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Samsung sales, profits dive on Note 7 recall
- Dyn DDoS attack came from 100,000 infected devices
- These are the 3 big reveals from Microsoft's Surface event
- AI and robots aren't gunning for your job, White House economist says
- DDoS attacks from webcams, routers hit Singapore's StarHub
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTProject SchedulerSA
- TPSenior Finance Systems AnalystVIC
- CCMid level Business AnalystQLD
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Solution Architect (Permanent and/or Contract Option)VIC
- FTBusiness Systems Analyst | Travel IndustryQLD
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCBusiness Process Analyst - Telco (Sydney CBD)NSW
- CCMultiple Opportunities - Baseline, NV1 or NV2SA
- CCContract Computer Operator (UNIX/Windows-based) 161014/CO/vmtAsia
- FTNetwork Support SpecialistACT
- TPSenior Android DeveloperNSW
- CCSitecore DeveloperNSW
- FTMobile DeveloperAsia
- FTDynamics CRM DeveloperSA
- FTSenior MS Dynamics CRM ConsultantQLD
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantWA
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- CCNetwork Capacity PlannerVIC
- TPICT Procurement OfficerQLD
- CCSolutions Architect (Big Data Concepts / Fraud) - Finance - Contract - SydneyCBDNSW
- CCInfrastructure & Network Program Manager -Government BackgroundNSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (PC LAN Support) 161114/ITA/411Asia
- FTSenior Perl Developer | Infrastructure | TelecomNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - PIMAsia
- CCSenior Siebel DeveloperACT