Microsoft has fixed a problem that caused an outage for many users of Hotmail and the service that is replacing it, Outlook.com. Maintenance work continued to affect the calendaring component of Hotmail, however.
Microsoft experienced disruptions for several hours to its online suite of mail, calendar and storage services, leaving many users unable to access their accounts.
The U.S. Federal Trade Commission has filed eight complaints against companies allegedly involved in sending unsolicited text messages offering free gifts or gift cards, with the agency alleging the defendants have sent 180 million spam texts.
Uniscon's IDgard, a service for securely exchanging documents between companies and their clients or partners, uses two-factor authentication and stores only its customers' encrypted data on the server, with no passwords or hashes for hackers to stea...
Google is making it easier for app developers to connect with users on its social network through Google+ Sign-In, a new feature that allows people to sign into third-party apps using their Google+ credentials.
Twitter has implemented DMARC, a standard for preventing email spoofing, in order to make it harder for attackers to send phishing emails that appear to come from twitter.com addresses.
Microsoft has moved its email service Outlook.com out of the preview phase, and plans a marketing campaign to boost its adoption worldwide.
A number of journalists covering Myanmar were warned by Google that their Gmail accounts had been targeted in "state-sponsored" attackers.
Microsoft has launched a campaign in the U.S. that targets Google's alleged practice of going through the contents of all Gmail messages to sell and target advertisements, raising again an old issue the Redmond, Washington, software giant has with th...
Hackers behind a recently detected email attack campaign are exploiting a vulnerability in a Yahoo website to hijack the email accounts of Yahoo users and use them for spam, according to security researchers from antivirus vendor Bitdefender.
Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer has identified new products and mobile investments as among several strategies aimed at keeping the company relevant as it tries to compete against the likes of Google and Facebook.
Security researchers say a patch released by Yahoo earlier this week for a serious email vulnerability did not fix the problem, leaving users at risk.
Digital rights and privacy advocates have welcomed Yahoo's decision to provide its users with an option to enable HTTPS (HTTP Secure) for their entire webmail sessions.
Gmail ran into technical difficulties again on Friday, the fourth such issue in a little over a week, and all happening after Google announced the elimination of its free Google Apps edition.
Google will begin to phase out its Sync service for consumers and discontinue several other services in early January.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Acer's new Chromebook is designed to welcome Android apps
- Adobe patches critical vulnerability in ColdFusion application server
- Opening up Z-Wave code may help to make IoT hum
- Acer is betting your pets need gadgets too
- Bang & Olufsen puts a new spin on the portable Bluetooth speaker
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSenior Integration Specialist - IP NetworkVIC
- CCTechnical WriterACT
- CCPMO AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Change Analyst, WealthNSW
- FTProject Administrator (Agile)WA
- FTTM1 Solution DesignerNSW
- FTWeb Analytics SpecialistNSW
- CCData Centre Solutions Architect - Red Hat, Wintel & VMware - CanberraACT
- CCNetwork Implementation EngineerNSW
- FTJr .Net DeveloperVIC
- CCChange / Project ManagerVIC
- FTProject ManagerNSW
- FTAutomation Tester- C#, Selenium | Cloud Based Finance SolutionsNSW
- CCChange AnalystVIC
- CCSenior IT Assistant (Office Automation/PC LAN) 160817/SITA/902Asia
- CCBusiness Analyst - Project Server/SharePoint exposureACT
- CCData AnalystACT
- FTBusiness Intelligence Team LeadVIC
- CCContract Programmer (Data/File Backup Technology) 160826/P/283Asia
- CCSoftware test engineer - Telecom/NetworkACT
- CCNetwork Technology SpecialistVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle) 160902/AP/625Asia
- CCSenior Business AnalystQLD
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Unix/Linux/Web) 160819/AP/173Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (IT Application/Web) 160825/AP/183Asia