Microsoft has fixed a problem that caused an outage for many users of Hotmail and the service that is replacing it, Outlook.com. Maintenance work continued to affect the calendaring component of Hotmail, however.
Microsoft experienced disruptions for several hours to its online suite of mail, calendar and storage services, leaving many users unable to access their accounts.
The U.S. Federal Trade Commission has filed eight complaints against companies allegedly involved in sending unsolicited text messages offering free gifts or gift cards, with the agency alleging the defendants have sent 180 million spam texts.
Uniscon's IDgard, a service for securely exchanging documents between companies and their clients or partners, uses two-factor authentication and stores only its customers' encrypted data on the server, with no passwords or hashes for hackers to stea...
Google is making it easier for app developers to connect with users on its social network through Google+ Sign-In, a new feature that allows people to sign into third-party apps using their Google+ credentials.
Twitter has implemented DMARC, a standard for preventing email spoofing, in order to make it harder for attackers to send phishing emails that appear to come from twitter.com addresses.
Microsoft has moved its email service Outlook.com out of the preview phase, and plans a marketing campaign to boost its adoption worldwide.
A number of journalists covering Myanmar were warned by Google that their Gmail accounts had been targeted in "state-sponsored" attackers.
Microsoft has launched a campaign in the U.S. that targets Google's alleged practice of going through the contents of all Gmail messages to sell and target advertisements, raising again an old issue the Redmond, Washington, software giant has with th...
Hackers behind a recently detected email attack campaign are exploiting a vulnerability in a Yahoo website to hijack the email accounts of Yahoo users and use them for spam, according to security researchers from antivirus vendor Bitdefender.
Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer has identified new products and mobile investments as among several strategies aimed at keeping the company relevant as it tries to compete against the likes of Google and Facebook.
Security researchers say a patch released by Yahoo earlier this week for a serious email vulnerability did not fix the problem, leaving users at risk.
Digital rights and privacy advocates have welcomed Yahoo's decision to provide its users with an option to enable HTTPS (HTTP Secure) for their entire webmail sessions.
Gmail ran into technical difficulties again on Friday, the fourth such issue in a little over a week, and all happening after Google announced the elimination of its free Google Apps edition.
Google will begin to phase out its Sync service for consumers and discontinue several other services in early January.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- GPG Suite updated for secure email on OSX Sierra
- Microsoft's mobile apps will get better image capture and OCR via the Office Lens camera app
- Lenovo tunes N23 Yoga Chromebook for Android apps with ARM processor
- Cisco's all-in-one Spark Board puts the cloud on a wall
- Box launches standalone Notes app to help teams collaborate
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCService ManagerACT
- TPFunctional AnalystVIC
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- CCDevOps Lead - Agile/AWSVIC
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystSA
- FTBI Tech Lead l Informatica ETL , Microstrategy, Hadoop, Qlikview, SalesforceNSW
- FTFront End UI DeveloperQLD
- FTLife/400 Testers - Permanent - North Ryde areaNSW
- TPIDAM ArchitectVIC
- FTJunior DeveloperQLD
- TPMobile Application DeveloperWA
- FTChief Security Officer l CISSP l ISO27001NSW
- FTC ProgrammerACT
- FTBid ManagerVIC
- FTDevOps EngineerNSW
- FTDatacentre Solution ArchitectVIC
- TPIT Project ManagerNSW
- CCApplication Programmer - Software - Geospatial and Industrial EnterpriseVIC
- TPICT Project CoordinatorQLD
- FTApplication Developer - FileNetVIC
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- CCNetwork Systems Engineer l Application Support l Linux l Port MacquarieNSW
- FTSoftware Support SpecialistQLD
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantACT