Independent maintenance-support provider Terix must pay Oracle almost $58 million in damages following a stipulated judgment made Wednesday in a U.S. District Court.
Proliferation tends to be a consequence any time a new technology trend takes off, and enterprise social networks are a prime example. Jive, Yammer and Salesforce Chatter are all among the competitors in this arena, and more than a few organizations ...
Borrowing a technique from the software development community, Chef, maker of a popular system configuration tool, has released the first commercial software to support a new and supposedly more effective approach to managing hardware and software, c...
CA Technologies is applying its expertise in service management to the cloud, launching a hosted offering to allow organisations manage and provision IT assets and external cloud services.
The operator of an independent website aimed at helping users of J.D. Edwards enterprise resource planning software has shut it down after Oracle alleged the site infringed on its copyrights.
Hewlett-Packard has updated its Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) suite to accommodate the ever-quickening pace of today's software programming teams.
Embarcadero Technologies is acquiring the ERwin data modeling software and associated personnel from CA Technologies, giving the vendor of software development tools an instant and formable presence in the growing field of data architecture.
Toyota is recalling nearly 1.9 million Prius hybrid vehicles around the world in order to fix a software glitch that could damage transistors and cause a loss of power.
For the latest update of Oracle Enterprise Manager, the company has taken additional steps to help organizations set up their own private clouds, using Oracle systems, software and even non-Oracle products.
Microsoft's TechEd North America conference, which was held this week in New Orleans, provided a first glimpse of the architecture that Microsoft shops should use to manage employee personal devices for work duties, an emerging IT trend called bring ...
Compuware has updated its application performance management (APM) software to give administrators more insight into what might be slowing application performance, thanks to the inclusion of new metrics showing the operational health of the host infr...
With an update to its namesake configuration tool, Puppet Labs has introduced a programming language designed to give administrators more flexibility in scripting their deployment routines.
Further pursuing its strategy to help enterprises move workloads to hosted environments, Hewlett-Packard has updated a number of its IT management tools with more capabilities to work with public and private clouds.
Citrix has released new software to help users of its NetScaler Application Delivery Controller (ADC) more easily troubleshoot application performance problems in complex network and data center environments.
Hewlett-Packard is incorporating three different components, previously available separately, into its HP Unified Functional Testing (UFT) automated testing application so developers can test all aspects of a multi-tiered application from a single in...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Shared malware code links SWIFT-related breaches at banks and North Korean hackers
- Senate proposal to require encryption workarounds may be dead
- Acer's Windows 10 Switch hybrids priced to battle Chromebooks
- Seagate 8TB NAS drive: Review
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSenior Service Desk ManagerNSW
- CCTechnical Solutions Specialist - Software Developer (Client facing)NSW
- FTBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCTechnical Service LeadNSW
- CCechnical Specialist ApplicationsACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160606/AP/251Asia
- CCSenior IT Security Specialist-SANS, ISC2, ISACA, ITILNSW
- CCMessaging Engineer - BAU SupportNSW
- CCSecurity Clearances Vetting Services OfficerACT
- CCEnd to End Project Manager - PMO and GovernanceVIC
- CC12 months + 2x12 months | $80/hr | NV1 Project Manager | Large govt departmentACT
- CCDigital Business Analyst (iOS & Android / Web Projects)NSW
- FTIT Support - Level 1NSW
- FTTester/Business AnalystWA
- CCOracle Fusion SOA/BPEL DeveloperVIC
- CCSystems Engineer - NV2ACT
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Australian Systems Integrator - Immediate interviewNSW
- CCOpen Source Specialist / Senior ConsultantQLD
- FTSenior Business AnalystVIC
- FTVMWare Infrastructure EngineerVIC
- FTService Desk AnaylstNSW
- CCScrum MasterACT
- FTTechnical Team Lead - .Net / SharePointACT
- CCSystems Analyst (HTML/JAVA/Wireless & Mobile) 160525/SA/443Asia
- FTHadoop Operation EngineerNSW