Independent maintenance-support provider Terix must pay Oracle almost $58 million in damages following a stipulated judgment made Wednesday in a U.S. District Court.
Proliferation tends to be a consequence any time a new technology trend takes off, and enterprise social networks are a prime example. Jive, Yammer and Salesforce Chatter are all among the competitors in this arena, and more than a few organizations ...
Borrowing a technique from the software development community, Chef, maker of a popular system configuration tool, has released the first commercial software to support a new and supposedly more effective approach to managing hardware and software, c...
CA Technologies is applying its expertise in service management to the cloud, launching a hosted offering to allow organisations manage and provision IT assets and external cloud services.
The operator of an independent website aimed at helping users of J.D. Edwards enterprise resource planning software has shut it down after Oracle alleged the site infringed on its copyrights.
Hewlett-Packard has updated its Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) suite to accommodate the ever-quickening pace of today's software programming teams.
Embarcadero Technologies is acquiring the ERwin data modeling software and associated personnel from CA Technologies, giving the vendor of software development tools an instant and formable presence in the growing field of data architecture.
Toyota is recalling nearly 1.9 million Prius hybrid vehicles around the world in order to fix a software glitch that could damage transistors and cause a loss of power.
For the latest update of Oracle Enterprise Manager, the company has taken additional steps to help organizations set up their own private clouds, using Oracle systems, software and even non-Oracle products.
Microsoft's TechEd North America conference, which was held this week in New Orleans, provided a first glimpse of the architecture that Microsoft shops should use to manage employee personal devices for work duties, an emerging IT trend called bring ...
Compuware has updated its application performance management (APM) software to give administrators more insight into what might be slowing application performance, thanks to the inclusion of new metrics showing the operational health of the host infr...
With an update to its namesake configuration tool, Puppet Labs has introduced a programming language designed to give administrators more flexibility in scripting their deployment routines.
Further pursuing its strategy to help enterprises move workloads to hosted environments, Hewlett-Packard has updated a number of its IT management tools with more capabilities to work with public and private clouds.
Citrix has released new software to help users of its NetScaler Application Delivery Controller (ADC) more easily troubleshoot application performance problems in complex network and data center environments.
Hewlett-Packard is incorporating three different components, previously available separately, into its HP Unified Functional Testing (UFT) automated testing application so developers can test all aspects of a multi-tiered application from a single in...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel may use AMD GPUs to challenge Nvidia's rising power
- US Supreme Court leaves gap in Samsung-Apple patent ruling
- Rowland says govt supressing unflattering NBN information
- Malicious online ads expose millions to possible hack
- Creative Live! Cam Sync HD review: Crummy video tanks this HD webcam
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTCampaign AnalystVIC
- FTSystem EngineerNSW
- CCAPI DeveloperQLD
- CCVideo Conferencing - PABX , Cisco, Polycom and Nortel/AvaNSW
- TPProcurement Support AnalystNSW
- FTProject Manager (Cyber Security) - Permanent - IT Services - North Ryde areaNSW
- CCAEM DeveloperVIC
- FTEnterprise Account ManagerACT
- TPSHAREPOINT SPECIALISTQLD
- CCGIS ConsultantNSW
- CCProject Coordinator / Specialist / Analyst - Finance - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTRuby On Rails DeveloperVIC
- FTTechnical Customer SupportQLD
- FTPractice AdvisorVIC
- FTHead - Project Delivery / Project Delivery DirectorACT
- FTLevel 2/3 Application Support SpecialistQLD
- CCIT Service Management Delivery SpecialistNSW
- CCWeb Developer - Financial MarketsNSW
- TPSenior Project AnalystNSW
- CCSenior PMO Coordinator, FinanceNSW
- FTSalesforce Solutions Architect/DeveloperNSW
- TPSenior Test Analyst - Data ReconciliationQLD
- CCSolutions Designer/Architect- ServiceNowVIC
- TPJava Developer - ContractQLD
- CCSenior Integration DeveloperVIC