Independent maintenance-support provider Terix must pay Oracle almost $58 million in damages following a stipulated judgment made Wednesday in a U.S. District Court.
Proliferation tends to be a consequence any time a new technology trend takes off, and enterprise social networks are a prime example. Jive, Yammer and Salesforce Chatter are all among the competitors in this arena, and more than a few organizations ...
Borrowing a technique from the software development community, Chef, maker of a popular system configuration tool, has released the first commercial software to support a new and supposedly more effective approach to managing hardware and software, c...
CA Technologies is applying its expertise in service management to the cloud, launching a hosted offering to allow organisations manage and provision IT assets and external cloud services.
The operator of an independent website aimed at helping users of J.D. Edwards enterprise resource planning software has shut it down after Oracle alleged the site infringed on its copyrights.
Hewlett-Packard has updated its Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) suite to accommodate the ever-quickening pace of today's software programming teams.
Embarcadero Technologies is acquiring the ERwin data modeling software and associated personnel from CA Technologies, giving the vendor of software development tools an instant and formable presence in the growing field of data architecture.
Toyota is recalling nearly 1.9 million Prius hybrid vehicles around the world in order to fix a software glitch that could damage transistors and cause a loss of power.
For the latest update of Oracle Enterprise Manager, the company has taken additional steps to help organizations set up their own private clouds, using Oracle systems, software and even non-Oracle products.
Microsoft's TechEd North America conference, which was held this week in New Orleans, provided a first glimpse of the architecture that Microsoft shops should use to manage employee personal devices for work duties, an emerging IT trend called bring ...
Compuware has updated its application performance management (APM) software to give administrators more insight into what might be slowing application performance, thanks to the inclusion of new metrics showing the operational health of the host infr...
With an update to its namesake configuration tool, Puppet Labs has introduced a programming language designed to give administrators more flexibility in scripting their deployment routines.
Further pursuing its strategy to help enterprises move workloads to hosted environments, Hewlett-Packard has updated a number of its IT management tools with more capabilities to work with public and private clouds.
Citrix has released new software to help users of its NetScaler Application Delivery Controller (ADC) more easily troubleshoot application performance problems in complex network and data center environments.
Hewlett-Packard is incorporating three different components, previously available separately, into its HP Unified Functional Testing (UFT) automated testing application so developers can test all aspects of a multi-tiered application from a single in...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Network management vulnerability exposes cable modems to hacking
- Radeon owners rebel when AMD drivers stealth drop Quake Champions links on desktops
- Blame terrorists if you get a speeding ticket while driving in France
- If software eats everything, are network engineers on the menu?
- Surface sales sag and Windows Phones fade, as Microsoft's hardware business takes a hit
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- TPBI AnalystQLD
- CCSCCM ConsultantACT
- TPLinux System AdministratorQLD
- FTSenior Sales Operations AnalystNSW
- FTSolution Architect - SecurityVIC
- TPSOE EngineerACT
- CCJava DeveloperACT
- CCDevops Consultant - 12 month contractVIC
- FTBusiness Process AnalystWA
- CCOracle DeveloperVIC
- FTBusiness Analysis | Business Case | ProcurementVIC
- FTDevOps EngineerNSW
- FTDeveloper / Junior Solution DesignerQLD
- CCProject Manager - Security - TelcoVIC
- FTSenior Test Analyst - Gov & Remedy/Service Now backgroundNSW
- FTSystem Analyst - IntegrationQLD
- FTProduct Manager - Machine To MachineVIC
- TPBusiness AnalystACT
- FTProject Engineer - Newcastle BasedNSW
- FTFront-end Developer (UX/UI)NSW
- TPSoftware Licensing SpecialistNSW
- CCVisual DesignerACT
- FTICT Contract AnalystWA