Hours after Apple owned up to a fake security software scam campaign, the "scareware" gang released a new variant, with a new name and a streamlined installation process that doesn't prompt victims for their password, a French antivirus firm said tod...
Sony's security woes are continuing unabated as two more hacking groups today claim to have broken into the company's networks.
An intruder has apparently broken into So-net, an internet service provider subsidiary of Sony, and stolen about $1200 worth of virtual tokens.
Apple's Mac App Store puts users at risk because it's slow to update vulnerable software, a security researcher said Wednesday.
Several Google security engineers have countered claims that a French security company found a vulnerability in Chrome that could let attackers hijack Windows PCs running the company's browser.
Microsoft yesterday told Mac Office users it doesn't yet have a fix for a PowerPoint bug that it patched for Windows customers.
The successful use of phishing emails to breach secure organizations like Oak Ridge National Laboratory and EMC's RSA security division is a stark reminder of the serious threat posed by a type of attack that was previously dismissed as low-tech.
As it promised last week, Skype today began serving up an update to Mac users of its chat and Internet phone software, fixing a dangerous bug that a researcher said could be used to build a worm.
French security company Vupen said today that it's figured out how to hack Google's Chrome by sidestepping not only the browser's built-in "sandbox" but also by evading Windows 7's integrated anti-exploit technologies.
Microsoft on Wednesday said it will not help Windows Phone users who updated their smartphones last month with an unsanctioned tool, and are now unable to apply a security update.
Hackers today stepped up their use of Osama Bin Laden's death by shoving malware into PCs when users fall for phony claims of photographs and video, security researchers said today.
Malware makers and scammers have quickly latched onto the news that U.S. military forces killed Osama Bin Laden, security researchers said today.
Mozilla on Thursday patched Firefox 4 for the first time, fixing eight flaws, including a major programming oversight that left the browser as vulnerable to attack on Windows 7 as on the 10-year-old Windows XP.
Some U.S. companies may unwittingly be funding businesses in China to the tune of millions of dollars.
Google today patched 27 vulnerabilities in Chrome as it boosted the "stable" build of the browser to version 11 on Windows, Mac and Linux.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 2 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 3 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 4 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 5 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- These solar road panels could turn our world into Tron
- New Satana ransomware encrypts user files and master boot record
- Firmware exploit can defeat new Windows security features on Lenovo ThinkPads
- Use Apache Spark? This tool can help you tap machine learning
- Intel tunes its mega-chip for machine learning
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCJunior PM/ConsultantACT
- FTBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCMobility Developer (iOS or Android)NSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - Clinical SystemsSA
- FTNV2 Defence Project ManagerACT
- FTTechnical Lead - Tier 1 Customer interfaceACT
- CCDigital Business AnalystVIC
- CCNational Project CoordinatorNSW
- CCSenior Project Coordinator - Large Telco - URGENTNSW
- CCUser Experience AnalystACT
- CCProject Manager - Digital / MediaNSW
- CCField Network Engineer - GSM Networks.VIC
- CCWindows 2003-2012 R2 Active Directory Consultant/ManagerNSW
- CCx2 AEM Frontend/UI DevelopersVIC
- CCProject Coordinator | CBD | 6mth ContractVIC
- CCF5 Infrastructure AdministratorNSW
- CCChange Manager, Digital ProgramNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCSAP ABAP - Senior developerVIC
- CCService Desk ConsultantVIC
- FTSenior Manager Practice LeadNSW
- CCSr Java Developer-JSP/Servlet,Hibernate, EJB3, Spring, RESTfulNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (Renewable Contract)Asia
- CCRelease and Deployment ManagerACT
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW