Hours after Apple owned up to a fake security software scam campaign, the "scareware" gang released a new variant, with a new name and a streamlined installation process that doesn't prompt victims for their password, a French antivirus firm said tod...
Sony's security woes are continuing unabated as two more hacking groups today claim to have broken into the company's networks.
An intruder has apparently broken into So-net, an internet service provider subsidiary of Sony, and stolen about $1200 worth of virtual tokens.
Apple's Mac App Store puts users at risk because it's slow to update vulnerable software, a security researcher said Wednesday.
Several Google security engineers have countered claims that a French security company found a vulnerability in Chrome that could let attackers hijack Windows PCs running the company's browser.
Microsoft yesterday told Mac Office users it doesn't yet have a fix for a PowerPoint bug that it patched for Windows customers.
The successful use of phishing emails to breach secure organizations like Oak Ridge National Laboratory and EMC's RSA security division is a stark reminder of the serious threat posed by a type of attack that was previously dismissed as low-tech.
As it promised last week, Skype today began serving up an update to Mac users of its chat and Internet phone software, fixing a dangerous bug that a researcher said could be used to build a worm.
French security company Vupen said today that it's figured out how to hack Google's Chrome by sidestepping not only the browser's built-in "sandbox" but also by evading Windows 7's integrated anti-exploit technologies.
Microsoft on Wednesday said it will not help Windows Phone users who updated their smartphones last month with an unsanctioned tool, and are now unable to apply a security update.
Hackers today stepped up their use of Osama Bin Laden's death by shoving malware into PCs when users fall for phony claims of photographs and video, security researchers said today.
Malware makers and scammers have quickly latched onto the news that U.S. military forces killed Osama Bin Laden, security researchers said today.
Mozilla on Thursday patched Firefox 4 for the first time, fixing eight flaws, including a major programming oversight that left the browser as vulnerable to attack on Windows 7 as on the 10-year-old Windows XP.
Some U.S. companies may unwittingly be funding businesses in China to the tune of millions of dollars.
Google today patched 27 vulnerabilities in Chrome as it boosted the "stable" build of the browser to version 11 on Windows, Mac and Linux.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Move over Skylake: An Asus PC with Intel's Kaby Lake chip is coming in Q3
- Nvidia chief downplays challenge from Google’s AI chip
- Flaw in popular WordPress plug-in Jetpack puts over a million websites at risk
- Asus unveils Zenbo, a cute robot for the home priced at $599
- Australia lagging decades behind in cyber security efforts: ACCS
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSAP Project ManagersNSW
- CCContract Programmer (HTML/JAVA/SQL) 160525/P/013Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160606/AP/251Asia
- CCBusiness Analyst, AdviceNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Contributions TaxNSW
- CCBig Data DeveloperWA
- CCTechnical PM - Magento E-Commerce SolutionNSW
- FTPermanent Defence network engineer - career progression & flexible conditionsACT
- CCDevOps EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCProjects Resource/ Workforce ManagerVIC
- FTTester/Business AnalystWA
- FTSolution ArchitectACT
- CCExcel DeveloperVIC
- FTJunior Web Developer | CBD | Digital AgencyVIC
- CCICT Fleet and Equipment Audit ResourcesSA
- FTPega Operation Engineer - CEPNSW
- CCBusiness Intelligence (BI) AnalystQLD
- CCSenior Sharepoint DeveloperACT
- CCService Desk analystSA
- FTSenior Full-Stack .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCEnd to End Project Manager - PMO and GovernanceVIC
- CCSenior Programmer (Data Engineering)NSW
- FTNetwork SpecialistVIC
- CCAnalyst Programmer (Enterprise Java Beans/J2EE) 160601/AP/982Asia