Apple is offering security experts a copy of the developer preview of Mac OS X 10.7, aka Lion, and asking them for feedback.
The Anonymous hacking collective this morning defaced the Web site of the controversial Westboro Baptist Church in the middle of a live radio show that included a church spokeswoman and a member of Anonymous.
Mozilla today said that it will ship security updates to Firefox 3.5 and Firefox 3.6 next Tuesday, ending a debate about whether to wait for a patch that affects Adobe's software.
The main Web site of the controversial Westboro Baptist Church (WBC) in Topeka was unavailable this morning, just days the Anonymous hacking collective had denied reports that its members were seeking to attack the site over disagreements with the ch...
Cybercriminals in Eastern Europe have begun using a dangerous new malware program to steal from online bank accounts in the U.S.
SAN FRANCISCO -- Acknowledging that security technologies to prevent cyberattacks are insufficient, several vendors at the RSA Conference here urged companies that are making security plans to assume that at some point, they will be breached.
Stuxnet infected its first target just 12 hours after hackers finished the worm, an indication that the malware scored an almost instant bulls-eye, a researcher said today.
Microsoft yesterday started offering Windows XP and Vista users an optional update that disables AutoRun, a feature of the operating system that the notorious Conficker and Stuxnet worms used to infect millions of PCs.
As it promised last year, on Monday the world's biggest bug bounty program released information about nearly two dozen unpatched vulnerabilities, including five in Microsoft Office, after deadlines expired.
Microsoft today issued 12 security updates that patched 22 bugs in Windows, Internet Explorer (IE), Office and its Internet server software.
Google on Thursday patched nine bugs in Chrome and upgraded the most stable edition of the browser to version 9.
Intel's chief technology officer says the chip maker is developing a technology that will be a security game changer.
Google patched 16 vulnerabilities in Chrome on Thursday, paying one researcher a record $3,133 for reporting a single bug. The flaws fixed in Chrome 8.0.552.334 were in several components, including the browser's support for extensions, its built-in ...
The Stuxnet worm that disrupted Iran's ability to enrich uranium into bomb-grade nuclear fuel was jointly created by Israel and the U.S., the New York Times said Saturday.
Microsoft today turned to a new defensive measure to help users ward off ongoing attacks exploiting a known bug in Internet Explorer (IE).
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- New Microsoft beta lets workers build their own apps without coding
- Intel is on the verge of exiting the smartphone and tablet markets after cutting Atom chips
- 5 (more) reasons to be a data scientist
- FCC wireless auction hits spectrum target, paving way for fast, reliable 5G
- IBM offers advice on how to secure blockchain in the cloud
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCEnvironment ManagerVIC
- CCNV1 | System admin with SQL server experience for Defence Application SupportACT
- CCChange Manager x 2NSW
- CCSenior Analyst, Applications - GDWVIC
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- CCHealthcare Test SpecialistSA
- FTSupplier Relationship ManagerVIC
- FTSenior Business Intelligence ManagerNSW
- FTProject Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- CCSenior UX/UI DesignerNSW
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- CCCommVault Backp EngineerNSW
- CCContract Snr IT Assistant (IT Operation/UNIX) 160504/SITA/982Asia
- CCDigital Producer (Part Time 3 Days Per Week)NSW
- FTProduct OwnerNSW
- CCSr. Project Manager - Six SigmaVIC
- CCAnalyst Programmer (JAVA/Windows Programming) 160428/AP/143Asia
- CCSenior Implementation AnalystNSW
- CCSiebel AnalystACT
- CCWebOps EngineerVIC
- CCSales Development Executive - Software SolutionsNSW
- FTBusiness Intelligence ConsultantSA
- CCSenior Project Manager - HealthcareVIC
- FTData AnalystNSW
- FTTechnical Writer - Trading SystemsNSW