Apple is offering security experts a copy of the developer preview of Mac OS X 10.7, aka Lion, and asking them for feedback.
The Anonymous hacking collective this morning defaced the Web site of the controversial Westboro Baptist Church in the middle of a live radio show that included a church spokeswoman and a member of Anonymous.
Mozilla today said that it will ship security updates to Firefox 3.5 and Firefox 3.6 next Tuesday, ending a debate about whether to wait for a patch that affects Adobe's software.
The main Web site of the controversial Westboro Baptist Church (WBC) in Topeka was unavailable this morning, just days the Anonymous hacking collective had denied reports that its members were seeking to attack the site over disagreements with the ch...
Cybercriminals in Eastern Europe have begun using a dangerous new malware program to steal from online bank accounts in the U.S.
SAN FRANCISCO -- Acknowledging that security technologies to prevent cyberattacks are insufficient, several vendors at the RSA Conference here urged companies that are making security plans to assume that at some point, they will be breached.
Stuxnet infected its first target just 12 hours after hackers finished the worm, an indication that the malware scored an almost instant bulls-eye, a researcher said today.
Microsoft yesterday started offering Windows XP and Vista users an optional update that disables AutoRun, a feature of the operating system that the notorious Conficker and Stuxnet worms used to infect millions of PCs.
As it promised last year, on Monday the world's biggest bug bounty program released information about nearly two dozen unpatched vulnerabilities, including five in Microsoft Office, after deadlines expired.
Microsoft today issued 12 security updates that patched 22 bugs in Windows, Internet Explorer (IE), Office and its Internet server software.
Google on Thursday patched nine bugs in Chrome and upgraded the most stable edition of the browser to version 9.
Intel's chief technology officer says the chip maker is developing a technology that will be a security game changer.
Google patched 16 vulnerabilities in Chrome on Thursday, paying one researcher a record $3,133 for reporting a single bug. The flaws fixed in Chrome 8.0.552.334 were in several components, including the browser's support for extensions, its built-in ...
The Stuxnet worm that disrupted Iran's ability to enrich uranium into bomb-grade nuclear fuel was jointly created by Israel and the U.S., the New York Times said Saturday.
Microsoft today turned to a new defensive measure to help users ward off ongoing attacks exploiting a known bug in Internet Explorer (IE).
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Motorola Moto X Style review: A no compromise flagship
- 2 Oppo R7 Plus review: a stellar sub-$600 phablet
- 3 Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 (9.7) 4G review: Samsung does a lot more with a lot less
- 4 Motorola Moto G (3rd gen) review: Is it worth an extra $100?
- 5 Jawbone UP3 review: 3 months with Jawbone's best fitness tracker
Join the PC World newsletter!
Deals on PC World
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Why Continuum could draw customers from Apple and Android to Windows 10 mobile
- Sony's Xperia Z5, Z5 Compact go on sale next week at Australia's largest telcos
- US will not seek legislation against encryption
- Apple removes apps from store that could spy on your data traffic
- Alibaba sets up second data center in the US in $1B cloud expansion
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDatabase Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTSystems Administrator | National commercial law firm | MS, AWS & eDiscoveryNSW
- FTManual Test Engineer | Financial Institution | Web testingNSW
- FTLinux Administrator with AWS & DevopsNSW
- FTSenior Account Manager - PR AgencyNSW
- FTDigital ManagerNSW
- FTAccount Manager | Client Side - Previous Agency Experience Welcome!!NSW
- FTLevel 2 IT Support TechnicianVIC
- FTProduct Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTSystems Administrator - Managed ServicesNSW
- FTField EngineerNSW
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- FTAccount Manager | Music IndustryNSW
- FT1st & 2nd level IT support all-rounder in beautiful rural BathurstNSW
- FTSenior Consultant | Project work | National Systems IntegratorVIC
- CCMilitary simulation programmer with C# and Unity - 3 monthsNSW
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web Application DeveloperNSW
- FTMid level IT consultant | Systems Integration & Managed ServicesNSW
- FTSales SpecialistNSW
- FTBusiness Development & Account ManagementNSW