Apple is offering security experts a copy of the developer preview of Mac OS X 10.7, aka Lion, and asking them for feedback.
The Anonymous hacking collective this morning defaced the Web site of the controversial Westboro Baptist Church in the middle of a live radio show that included a church spokeswoman and a member of Anonymous.
Mozilla today said that it will ship security updates to Firefox 3.5 and Firefox 3.6 next Tuesday, ending a debate about whether to wait for a patch that affects Adobe's software.
The main Web site of the controversial Westboro Baptist Church (WBC) in Topeka was unavailable this morning, just days the Anonymous hacking collective had denied reports that its members were seeking to attack the site over disagreements with the ch...
Cybercriminals in Eastern Europe have begun using a dangerous new malware program to steal from online bank accounts in the U.S.
SAN FRANCISCO -- Acknowledging that security technologies to prevent cyberattacks are insufficient, several vendors at the RSA Conference here urged companies that are making security plans to assume that at some point, they will be breached.
Stuxnet infected its first target just 12 hours after hackers finished the worm, an indication that the malware scored an almost instant bulls-eye, a researcher said today.
Microsoft yesterday started offering Windows XP and Vista users an optional update that disables AutoRun, a feature of the operating system that the notorious Conficker and Stuxnet worms used to infect millions of PCs.
As it promised last year, on Monday the world's biggest bug bounty program released information about nearly two dozen unpatched vulnerabilities, including five in Microsoft Office, after deadlines expired.
Microsoft today issued 12 security updates that patched 22 bugs in Windows, Internet Explorer (IE), Office and its Internet server software.
Google on Thursday patched nine bugs in Chrome and upgraded the most stable edition of the browser to version 9.
Intel's chief technology officer says the chip maker is developing a technology that will be a security game changer.
Google patched 16 vulnerabilities in Chrome on Thursday, paying one researcher a record $3,133 for reporting a single bug. The flaws fixed in Chrome 8.0.552.334 were in several components, including the browser's support for extensions, its built-in ...
The Stuxnet worm that disrupted Iran's ability to enrich uranium into bomb-grade nuclear fuel was jointly created by Israel and the U.S., the New York Times said Saturday.
Microsoft today turned to a new defensive measure to help users ward off ongoing attacks exploiting a known bug in Internet Explorer (IE).
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Gallipoli is now an amazing video game
- U.S. indicts Russian for hacking LinkedIn, Dropbox, Formspring
- An IoT botnet is partly behind Friday's massive DDOS attack
- Bankers plan to give Corda blockchain code to Hyperledger project
- Easy-to-exploit rooting flaw puts Linux computers at risk
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTIntegration SpecialistSA
- CCSystems Engineer - NetApp, Exchange, ADNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - HKMAAsia
- CCSystem TestersQLD
- CCTest Lead with HP ALMACT
- CCProgress DeveloperQLD
- CCPHP DeveloperNSW
- CCInformation Security Consultant - RSA ArcherNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerACT
- FTIntegration Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCDemand ManagerNSW
- FTNetwork Support SpecialistACT
- CCSAP FunctionalistACT
- CCPMO Program CoordinatorNSW
- FTMobile DeveloperAsia
- CCApplication Support AnalystVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (JAVA/J2EE/Web) 161014/SA/922Asia
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- CCMobile Developers (IOS and Android)QLD
- FTProduct ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Solution Designer, Wealth ManagementNSW
- CCContract Programmer (Internet/Intranet) 161019/P/615Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle/SQL) 161018/AP/812Asia
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- CCContract IT Assistant (System Backup Operation) 161014/ITA/523Asia