Apple is offering security experts a copy of the developer preview of Mac OS X 10.7, aka Lion, and asking them for feedback.
The Anonymous hacking collective this morning defaced the Web site of the controversial Westboro Baptist Church in the middle of a live radio show that included a church spokeswoman and a member of Anonymous.
Mozilla today said that it will ship security updates to Firefox 3.5 and Firefox 3.6 next Tuesday, ending a debate about whether to wait for a patch that affects Adobe's software.
The main Web site of the controversial Westboro Baptist Church (WBC) in Topeka was unavailable this morning, just days the Anonymous hacking collective had denied reports that its members were seeking to attack the site over disagreements with the ch...
Cybercriminals in Eastern Europe have begun using a dangerous new malware program to steal from online bank accounts in the U.S.
SAN FRANCISCO -- Acknowledging that security technologies to prevent cyberattacks are insufficient, several vendors at the RSA Conference here urged companies that are making security plans to assume that at some point, they will be breached.
Stuxnet infected its first target just 12 hours after hackers finished the worm, an indication that the malware scored an almost instant bulls-eye, a researcher said today.
Microsoft yesterday started offering Windows XP and Vista users an optional update that disables AutoRun, a feature of the operating system that the notorious Conficker and Stuxnet worms used to infect millions of PCs.
As it promised last year, on Monday the world's biggest bug bounty program released information about nearly two dozen unpatched vulnerabilities, including five in Microsoft Office, after deadlines expired.
Microsoft today issued 12 security updates that patched 22 bugs in Windows, Internet Explorer (IE), Office and its Internet server software.
Google on Thursday patched nine bugs in Chrome and upgraded the most stable edition of the browser to version 9.
Intel's chief technology officer says the chip maker is developing a technology that will be a security game changer.
Google patched 16 vulnerabilities in Chrome on Thursday, paying one researcher a record $3,133 for reporting a single bug. The flaws fixed in Chrome 8.0.552.334 were in several components, including the browser's support for extensions, its built-in ...
The Stuxnet worm that disrupted Iran's ability to enrich uranium into bomb-grade nuclear fuel was jointly created by Israel and the U.S., the New York Times said Saturday.
Microsoft today turned to a new defensive measure to help users ward off ongoing attacks exploiting a known bug in Internet Explorer (IE).
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Shared malware code links SWIFT-related breaches at banks and North Korean hackers
- Senate proposal to require encryption workarounds may be dead
- Acer's Windows 10 Switch hybrids priced to battle Chromebooks
- Seagate 8TB NAS drive: Review
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCInfrastructure and Cloud Project ManagerVIC
- CCInteractional Designer-Adobe Creative Cloud, SketchNSW
- CCOracle DBA | 3-6mth ContractVIC
- CCTechnical System Engineer (Linux/Mobile/SQL)160524/TSE/vmtAsia
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCData Engineer (Java, Scala, Scripting, Hadoop, Spark)NSW
- FTSenior Java Developer / Technical LeadACT
- CCIT Security Consultant -NSW
- CCChange Manager- Success Factors/HCMNSW
- FTAzure ConsultantQLD
- CCIT Change CoordinatorNSW
- CCCCB & MDM ConsultantNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Integration Solution ManagementVIC
- FTManager, Applications SpecialistNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle) 160520/AP/985Asia
- CCOracle Applications Team LeadNSW
- CCSenior BA - Enterprise DataNSW
- CCDigital Business Analyst (iOS & Android / Web Projects)NSW
- CCSolutions Architect - Enterprise ApplicationsNSW
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Major exciting White Paper projectsACT
- CCSystems Engineer - Wintel, VMWare and CitrixNSW
- CCProject Manager PMP RMP certified - NV1ACT
- CCIT Assistant (Office Automation/Windows) 160517/ITA/884Asia
- CCHR Systems Support OfficerACT
- CCProject CoordinatorACT