As cybercriminals employ increasingly sophisticated tactics to steal identities and data, and the costs and consequences of data breaches skyrocket, here are seven steps that your small business should be taking to insulate themselves from cyberattacks.
malware in pictures
Musicians dominate the 2014 list of celebs you might not want to search on for fear of malware
The earliest worms and viruses were created for geeky fun and did little harm - oh, how times have changed. Here are 20 worms, viruses and botnets that show the evolution of malware, from Creeper to Flame.
On 26 June, Kaspersky Lab held its 10th annual Virus Analysts Summit in Dubrovnik, Croatia. At the event the company's chief security researchers discussed the latest online threats to target businesses and consumers.
Yes, even bad-guy malware developers have to keep their "customers" happy. Read what happens when F-Secure tests the "help desks" of four crypto-locking malware makers.
A newly discovered fake Pokemon Go game will actually lock your phone and then secretly run in the background, clicking on porn ads.
Antivirus vendor Avast Software has agreed to buy rival AVG Technologies for US$1.3 billion in cash.
Hackers are stealing credit card information in Europe with malware that can spoof the user interfaces of Uber, WhatsApp and Google Play.
Researchers from Kaspersky Lab have developed a method of decrypting files affected with the latest version of CryptXXX, a malware program that combines ransomware and information stealing capabilities.
Has a malware infection taken your PC hostage? Here's how to clean it out and restore your PC to a pristine state.
Flash drives are virus magnets. This is a generally accepted truth, but today I learned it firsthand.
Tami asked the Antivirus & Security Software forum why friends are receiving spam that appears to come from her.
SUPERAntiSpyware found three Trojans on a reader's PC. He asked the <a href="http://forums.pcworld.com/index.php?/forum/2000-windows/">Windows</a> forum how this could happen when his PC is protected.
You wouldn't let your kids walk the streets of Amsterdam's Red Light District, but giving them unrestricted access to the Web is practically the same thing. The problem is, how do you block out all that inappropriate Web content?
Many people will know what it’s like to regularly click ‘close’ on the nagging Windows 10 ‘upgrade’ notification. It’s been happening every day for many months. But apparently something on one of these hundreds of fade-into-the-background notificatio...
PDF files are one of the most common, and most trusted document formats out there. However, that trust, combined with the cross-platform use of PDFs makes the Adobe file format one of the most targeted and exploited by malicious attacks as well.
Perhaps you've heard that the Apple Mac OS X operating system is simply more secure by design and not prone to the security flaws and vulnerabilities that plague the dominant Microsoft Windows operating system? Well, don't believe the hype. Apple unl...
Rootkits, a type of stealth technology used by malware malefactors, attempt to hide in the dark corners of an infected PC and evade detection. A new post out today from the Microsoft Malware Protection Center shines the spotlight on the evil tools.
2009 ushered in mobile malware with the first (and second) iPhone worm appearing just before Christmas.
Whitepapers about malware
This whitepaper discusses the results from the 2014 Cost of Data Breach Study: Australia. In this year’s report, the fifth of its kind, the total average cost paid by a company in a breach increased to $2.8 million, while assessing the likelihood of a company having data breaches in the next 24 months.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Smartphone market inches back to growth with Samsung holding lead
- Microsoft makes Windows 10 hardware change for PC security
- Apple has sold 1 billion iPhones
- Flaw with password manager LastPass could hand over control to hackers
- Pokémon Go craze shows Apple an augmented reality future
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/Oracle) 160801/AP/258Asia
- FTSAP FS-PM/FS-PQM SpecialistVIC
- CCSenior Contracts Officer/Procurement -Governmen BckgrndNSW
- CC.NET DeveloperQLD
- CCProject Manager - Change/Transformation/Project DeliveryNSW
- CCDatabase developer/ModellerACT
- FTProject ManagerVIC
- CCData Entry - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCIT/Telco Graduate | 12mth ContractVIC
- FTPortfolio Governance ConsultantNSW
- CCOracle Apex DeveloperWA
- FTDefence Network EngineerACT
- CCProject Engineer -VIC
- FTSystems Engineer | Defence | NV1 / NV2 clearanceACT
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL/Web) 160719/P/741Asia
- FTProgram Master SchedulerVIC
- CCSenior Deployment ManagerVIC
- CCTest ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Test AnalystWA
- FTPortal DeveloperNSW
- FTService Desk Team LeadNSW
- CCUser Access Review (UAR) DeveloperVIC
- CCTrainer - Windows 10 / Office 2016ACT
- CCDevOps EngineerVIC