As cybercriminals employ increasingly sophisticated tactics to steal identities and data, and the costs and consequences of data breaches skyrocket, here are seven steps that your small business should be taking to insulate themselves from cyberattacks.
malware in pictures
Musicians dominate the 2014 list of celebs you might not want to search on for fear of malware
The earliest worms and viruses were created for geeky fun and did little harm - oh, how times have changed. Here are 20 worms, viruses and botnets that show the evolution of malware, from Creeper to Flame.
On 26 June, Kaspersky Lab held its 10th annual Virus Analysts Summit in Dubrovnik, Croatia. At the event the company's chief security researchers discussed the latest online threats to target businesses and consumers.
A new Android malware has managed to steal access to more than 1 million Google accounts, and it continues to infect new devices, according to security firm Checkpoint.
A new open-source tool called MBRFilter can protect the master boot record of Windows computers from modification by ransomware and other malicious attacks.
Yes, even bad-guy malware developers have to keep their "customers" happy. Read what happens when F-Secure tests the "help desks" of four crypto-locking malware makers.
A newly discovered fake Pokemon Go game will actually lock your phone and then secretly run in the background, clicking on porn ads.
Antivirus vendor Avast Software has agreed to buy rival AVG Technologies for US$1.3 billion in cash.
Has a malware infection taken your PC hostage? Here's how to clean it out and restore your PC to a pristine state.
Flash drives are virus magnets. This is a generally accepted truth, but today I learned it firsthand.
Tami asked the Antivirus & Security Software forum why friends are receiving spam that appears to come from her.
SUPERAntiSpyware found three Trojans on a reader's PC. He asked the <a href="http://forums.pcworld.com/index.php?/forum/2000-windows/">Windows</a> forum how this could happen when his PC is protected.
You wouldn't let your kids walk the streets of Amsterdam's Red Light District, but giving them unrestricted access to the Web is practically the same thing. The problem is, how do you block out all that inappropriate Web content?
Many people will know what it’s like to regularly click ‘close’ on the nagging Windows 10 ‘upgrade’ notification. It’s been happening every day for many months. But apparently something on one of these hundreds of fade-into-the-background notificatio...
PDF files are one of the most common, and most trusted document formats out there. However, that trust, combined with the cross-platform use of PDFs makes the Adobe file format one of the most targeted and exploited by malicious attacks as well.
Perhaps you've heard that the Apple Mac OS X operating system is simply more secure by design and not prone to the security flaws and vulnerabilities that plague the dominant Microsoft Windows operating system? Well, don't believe the hype. Apple unl...
Rootkits, a type of stealth technology used by malware malefactors, attempt to hide in the dark corners of an infected PC and evade detection. A new post out today from the Microsoft Malware Protection Center shines the spotlight on the evil tools.
2009 ushered in mobile malware with the first (and second) iPhone worm appearing just before Christmas.
Whitepapers about malware
This whitepaper discusses the results from the 2014 Cost of Data Breach Study: Australia. In this year’s report, the fifth of its kind, the total average cost paid by a company in a breach increased to $2.8 million, while assessing the likelihood of a company having data breaches in the next 24 months.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Georgia says it's traced an attempted voter hack to DHS
- How the Internet of Things is putting us at risk
- AMD packs more horsepower into GPUs with new Radeon ReLive software
- Cortana for iOS, Android now features quick access to common actions
- Russian cyberspies likely behind DNC breach move on to German election
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCCyber Security Analyst - TelcoVIC
- CCSenior UX/UI Designer (Mobile)NSW
- CCMedical Imaging Solution ArchitectQLD
- TPProject Manager - SalesforceVIC
- CCProject Manager - Cabling, Network Sys Design and DeliveryNSW
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerSA
- TPTest LeadQLD
- CCSME Senior Financial Planner - MelbourneNSW
- CCTechnical Security LeadVIC
- CCSAP HR & Payroll Project ManagerACT
- CCFunctional Consultant - Brisbane locationQLD
- CCWindows Systems Engineer - AD, VMware, RedHat experienceNSW
- TPSAP FICO Functional AnalystQLD
- TPSenior Software EngineerQLD
- CCTechnical WriterACT
- TPDevelopers and TestersACT
- FTIndustry Engagement ManagerVIC
- CCEOI - TIBCO DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Project EngineerACT
- CCSenior Performance Test AnalystNSW
- FTSystem AdministratorNSW
- CCInfrastructure Architect - CloudVIC
- FTPractice AdvisorACT
- CCAutoCAD Business System Analyst/ GIS, Spatial AnalystNSW
- TPBusiness Solutions Analyst - Legacy SystemQLD