Hackers are stealing credit card information in Europe with malware that can spoof the user interfaces of Uber, WhatsApp and Google Play.
Researchers from Kaspersky Lab have developed a method of decrypting files affected with the latest version of CryptXXX, a malware program that combines ransomware and information stealing capabilities.
The Petya ransomware now bundles a second file-encrypting program for cases where it cannot replace a computer's master boot record to encrypt its file table.
Two vulnerabilities recently patched in 7-Zip could put many software products and devices who bundle the open-source file archiving library at risk of compromise.
A group of cybercriminals have combined two powerful malware programs to create a new online banking Trojan that has already stolen million dollars from customers of 24 US and Canadian banks.
A start-up company called Karamba Security has developed malware prevention technology for the externally connected electronic control units (ECUs) found in cars.
The cost of cybercrime services has dropped dramatically according to a recent investigation into forums and marketplaces on the Dark Web.
The Android platform is under fire from cybercriminals in an escalation of attacks that may soon see iOS in danger of similar levels of malicious action according to research from IT security company, Check Point.
A malware researcher has found a few tricks to stop one of the latest types of ransomware, called Locky, from infecting a computer without using any security programs.
A new kind of Android malware can steal online banking credentials and hold a device's files hostage for ransom, delivering a particularly nasty one-two punch.
An infamous piece of malware called Bayrob, first discovered in 2007, has begun to show up disproportionately, targeting A/NZ.
Four third-party app stores for Android have apps with a malicious component that seeks root access to the device, according to Trend Micro.
Mobile banking has a new enemy, Asacub, a new form of mobile malware targeting Android users.
One-time passcodes, a crucial defense for online banking applications, are being intercepted by a malware program for Android, according to new research from Symantec.
The number of DDoS attacks increased by 180 percent during the third quarter of this year compared to the same period in 2014.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 2 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 3 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 4 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 5 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- BMW teams up with Intel, Mobileye to make a self-driving car by 2021
- Scrutiny of Google's tax liabilities intensifies with Spanish raid
- Should Netflix refund its geoblocked customers for their inconvenience?
- Innovation: Not with a boom but a whisper
- HPE has won US$3 billion in a lawsuit against Oracle
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160621/P/866Asia
- CCProgram DirectorNSW
- CCMidrange Technical ArchitectQLD
- CCServiceNow DeveloperVIC
- CCRelease & Configuration Manager | Defence intelligence application | NV1 clearedACT
- CCOracle Administrators with SiebelACT
- CCSr Java Developer-JSP/Servlet,Hibernate, EJB3, Spring, RESTfulNSW
- CCAgile Business AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Enterprise DataNSW
- CCSAP Financial Master DataACT
- CCMicrosoft .NET Developer (Server and Applications)SA
- CCSharePoint DeveloperSA
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- CCIT Business AnalystNSW
- CCSenior IT Automated TesterNSW
- CCLinux Systems AdministratorVIC
- FTProduct OwnerNSW
- CCProgrammer (IT Security/Website Administration) 160711/P/565Asia
- CCProject Analyst/ CoordinatorVIC
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCMaster Scheduler - IT Infrastructure ProgramsNSW
- CCWeb Developer (Drupal)SA
- CCTest LeadNSW
- CCMobility Developer (iOS or Android)NSW
- FTAndroid Technical Lead (Work From Home 2-3 Days)NSW