Yes, even bad-guy malware developers have to keep their "customers" happy. Read what happens when F-Secure tests the "help desks" of four crypto-locking malware makers.
A newly discovered fake Pokemon Go game will actually lock your phone and then secretly run in the background, clicking on porn ads.
Antivirus vendor Avast Software has agreed to buy rival AVG Technologies for US$1.3 billion in cash.
Hackers are stealing credit card information in Europe with malware that can spoof the user interfaces of Uber, WhatsApp and Google Play.
Researchers from Kaspersky Lab have developed a method of decrypting files affected with the latest version of CryptXXX, a malware program that combines ransomware and information stealing capabilities.
The Petya ransomware now bundles a second file-encrypting program for cases where it cannot replace a computer's master boot record to encrypt its file table.
Two vulnerabilities recently patched in 7-Zip could put many software products and devices who bundle the open-source file archiving library at risk of compromise.
A group of cybercriminals have combined two powerful malware programs to create a new online banking Trojan that has already stolen million dollars from customers of 24 US and Canadian banks.
A start-up company called Karamba Security has developed malware prevention technology for the externally connected electronic control units (ECUs) found in cars.
The cost of cybercrime services has dropped dramatically according to a recent investigation into forums and marketplaces on the Dark Web.
The Android platform is under fire from cybercriminals in an escalation of attacks that may soon see iOS in danger of similar levels of malicious action according to research from IT security company, Check Point.
A malware researcher has found a few tricks to stop one of the latest types of ransomware, called Locky, from infecting a computer without using any security programs.
A new kind of Android malware can steal online banking credentials and hold a device's files hostage for ransom, delivering a particularly nasty one-two punch.
An infamous piece of malware called Bayrob, first discovered in 2007, has begun to show up disproportionately, targeting A/NZ.
Four third-party app stores for Android have apps with a malicious component that seeks root access to the device, according to Trend Micro.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- You can now use an iPhone to log into a Windows 10 PC, Microsoft says
- Android malware that can infiltrate corporate networks is spreading
- Firefox blocks websites with vulnerable encryption keys
- Ransomware spreads through weak remote desktop credentials
- Linksys EA9500 Max-Stream AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router review
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCiOS DeveloperNSW
- FTCertification and Accreditation Security ConsultantACT
- CCPMO AnalystNSW
- CCInfrastructure Project Manager - DCR ProjectNSW
- FTIT Pre-Sales EngineerSA
- FTTechnical Support Engineer | Cloud | Automation techsNSW
- CCJava / J2ee ProgrammersACT
- CCIT Security ArchitectACT
- FTDesktop/Application SupportVIC
- CCLAN ConsultantWA
- FTMDM EngineerNSW
- FTScrum Master | High Profile FintechNSW
- FTCarrier/ Industrial Network ConsultantsWA
- CCContract Junior Programmer (J2EE/SQL) 160927/JP/551Asia
- CCBusiness Analyst - Telecom ProjectNSW
- CCTechnical Architect/DesignerACT
- CCAcquisition Marketing Executive - B2BNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst with change management experienceACT
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- FTInfrastructure Solutions ArchitectACT
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- FTTeam Leader Full Stack, Python, FinanceNSW
- CCFull Stack Application Developer - IoT projectsVIC
- FTTechnical Business Analyst | Marketing ServicesNSW
- CCTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / Kronos)NSW