A group of cybercriminals have combined two powerful malware programs to create a new online banking Trojan that has already stolen million dollars from customers of 24 US and Canadian banks.
A start-up company called Karamba Security has developed malware prevention technology for the externally connected electronic control units (ECUs) found in cars.
The cost of cybercrime services has dropped dramatically according to a recent investigation into forums and marketplaces on the Dark Web.
Criminals recently used eBay-owned Australian online classifieds site gumtree.com.au to spread malware through online display ads.
The Android platform is under fire from cybercriminals in an escalation of attacks that may soon see iOS in danger of similar levels of malicious action according to research from IT security company, Check Point.
A malware researcher has found a few tricks to stop one of the latest types of ransomware, called Locky, from infecting a computer without using any security programs.
A new kind of Android malware can steal online banking credentials and hold a device's files hostage for ransom, delivering a particularly nasty one-two punch.
An infamous piece of malware called Bayrob, first discovered in 2007, has begun to show up disproportionately, targeting A/NZ.
Four third-party app stores for Android have apps with a malicious component that seeks root access to the device, according to Trend Micro.
Mobile banking has a new enemy, Asacub, a new form of mobile malware targeting Android users.
One-time passcodes, a crucial defense for online banking applications, are being intercepted by a malware program for Android, according to new research from Symantec.
The number of DDoS attacks increased by 180 percent during the third quarter of this year compared to the same period in 2014.
FireEye says it has discovered a type of malware designed to steal payment card data that can be very difficult to detect and remove.
Kmart is the latest Australian company to fall victim to a cyber security breach.
Security company G Data has identified more than 20 mobile phones that have malware installed despite being marketed as new, according to a research report.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- New Microsoft beta lets workers build their own apps without coding
- Intel is on the verge of exiting the smartphone and tablet markets after cutting Atom chips
- 5 (more) reasons to be a data scientist
- FCC wireless auction hits spectrum target, paving way for fast, reliable 5G
- IBM offers advice on how to secure blockchain in the cloud
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTNetwork ConsultantNSW
- CCUser Experience ExpertVIC
- CCHealthcare Test SpecialistSA
- CCIT Program Delivery Office Lead- Government BackgroundNSW
- CCSenior UX/UI DesignerNSW
- CCWindows Server EngineerNSW
- FTTechnical/Team Lead - .NetNSW
- CCAccount Manager - Software Solutions - Global IT CompanyNSW
- CCDigital Producer (Part Time 3 Days Per Week)NSW
- CCSystem Administration / Application Support | NV2 clearance neededACT
- CCHyperion ConsultantNSW
- CCSenior Technical WriterVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst, Loyalty projectsNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (Lotus Notes/Networking) 160504/AP/781Asia
- CCWeb AdministratorACT
- CCSystem admin with SQL server experience | Defence-wide project | NV1 neededACT
- FTSenior iOS DeveloperNSW
- CCSAP BASIS ConsultantVIC
- CCSenior Implementation AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager, SoftwareNSW
- CCSr. Project Manager - Six SigmaVIC
- CCAdobe Experience Manager AEM / CQ5 DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Change Manager - Capital MarketsNSW
- CCMicrosoft Server EngineerWA
- CCBusiness AnalystSA