A Russian man accused of hacking point-of-sale systems in the U.S. is facing additional charges following a revised indictment returned by a grand jury on Thursday, the U.S. Department of Justice said.
A new version of an Android worm called Selfmite has the potential to ramp up huge SMS charges for victims in its attempt to spread to as many devices as possible.
A leaked programming manual for interacting with the physical components of automated teller machines might have helped attackers create malware programs that were used to steal cash from ATMs in various parts of the world this year.
A mistake by a suspected Russian-speaking cybercriminal group allowed a security vendor to peep on a campaign that stole login credentials for hundreds of thousands of online bank accounts.
Criminals have stolen millions of dollars from ATMs worldwide using a specialized malware program that forces the machines to dispense cash on command.
In a gambit aimed at driving manufacturers to beef up protections for USB flash drive firmware, two security researchers have released a collection of tools that can be used to turn those drives into silent malware installers.
FireEye has detected Shellshock attacks against network-attached storage devices made by Taipei-based QNAP and used by universities and research institutes in Korea, Japan and the U.S.
Musicians dominate the 2014 list of celebs you might not want to search on for fear of malware
A malware program that targets Hong Kong activists using Apple devices has trademarks of being developed by a nation-state, possibly China, according to a security company.
The "Shellshock" flaw has the potential to pose a risk to the payments industry, but doesn't appear to have caused any problems yet, an official with a consortium run by major credit card companies warned on Tuesday.
The cybercriminals behind the CryptoWall ransomware threat have stepped up their game and are digitally signing new samples before using them in attacks in an attempt to bypass antivirus detection.
Apple's OS X is vulnerable to the Shellshock bug, but it's not that easy for attackers to take advantage of it, according to Intego, which specializes in security software for the operating system.
Signature Systems says the breach of its point-of-sales system that hit 216 Jimmy John's sandwich shops is actually 50 percent larger than originally thought.
Two online advertising networks, Google's DoubleClick and Zedo, have been delivering malicious advertisements that could install malware on a person's computer, according to the security vendor Malwarebytes.
The Chinese government says accusations that it was involved in cyberattacks against U.S. transportation contractors are "totally groundless and untenable."
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's CEO explains why his company sued the U.S. government
- Can Oracle buy its way into the cloud?
- Michael Dell talks to EMC World about massive merger
- A judge has partially dismissed Twitter's surveillance case against the US government
- Dell plus EMC has a name: Dell Technologies
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCIBM MDM SpecialistVIC
- CCSenior Implementation AnalystNSW
- FTTechnology Risk ManagerNSW
- CCFront End DeveloperWA
- CCMarketing Communications Specialist - Global IT CompanyNSW
- FTSystem EngineerACT
- CCSenior Project Manager, Technology Upgrade & RefreshNSW
- CCSenior UX/UI DesignerNSW
- FTLevel 2 IT Field Systems Engineer/Administrator - Multiple opportunitiesNSW
- FTSenior Middleware Lead Shared Services (Support and EngineeringVIC
- FTSenior Revenue Systems Functional AnalystSA
- CCSenior Oracle DBA- Part time 20 hoursWA
- CCContract IT Assistant (Network & System Mgt.) 160509/ITA/281Asia
- CCJava Developer- 12 month contractNSW
- CCIntegration Delivery Project ManagerNSW
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Analyst, Applications - GDWVIC
- CCService DeskWA
- CCSQL DeveloperVIC
- CCIT Network SpecialistVIC
- FTProduct OwnerNSW
- FTMs Dynamics Nav Support Analyst- Level 1/2WA
- CCSr. Project Manager - Six SigmaVIC
- FTDigital Account Manager - Online MediaNSW
- FTSenior Technical ConsultantVIC