The source code for an impressively small but capable malware program that targets online bank accounts has been leaked, according to CSIS Security Group of Denmark.
Financial and business information was stolen from several shipping and logistics firms by sophisticated malware hiding in inventory scanners manufactured by a Chinese company.
Police from eight countries together with several private security companies disrupted the online infrastructure used by cybercriminals to control computers infected with a malware program called Shylock.
Microsoft has reached a settlement with domain provider No-IP to disable some of its domains, after taking control of part of its network to shut down a botnet.
Thousands of compromised computers are actively trying to break into point-of-sale (POS) systems using brute-force techniques to guess remote administration credentials.
Facebook said police in Greece made two arrests last week in connection with a little-known spamming botnet called Lecpetex, which used hacked computers to mine the Litecoin virtual currency.
Implementation issues with AVG Secure Search, a browser toolbar from antivirus vendor AVG Technologies that's supposed to protect users from malicious websites, could have allowed remote attackers to execute malicious code on computers.
A vulnerability present in most Android devices allows apps to initiate unauthorized phone calls, disrupt ongoing calls and execute special codes that can trigger other rogue actions.
Attackers injected malicious code into Dailymotion.com, a popular video sharing website, and redirected visitors to Web-based exploits that installed malware.
A two-year malware campaign that abused a widely used payment instrument unique to Brazil may have netted an eye-popping US$3.75 billion.
Microsoft's seizure of domains from a DNS service provider has also disrupted some state-sponsored cyberespionage campaigns, according to security vendor Kaspersky Lab.
Eastern European-based attackers gained access to the networks of energy providers by tampering with software updates for industrial control systems, gaining a foothold that could be used for sabotage, Symantec said Monday.
Microsoft has taken legal action to combat the spread of malware that the company says can be traced to bad actors in Kuwait and Algeria.
There is yet another reason to be wary of spam email about bank transfers or invoices -- it could be carrying a new, cleverly designed malware program that steals financial information.
A rare Android worm that propagates itself to other users via links in text messages has been discovered by security researchers.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Got big data? Check out these 100 best practices for keeping it secure
- Mozilla launches free website security scanning service
- Privacy Shield data transfer agreement now shelters 200 companies
- Dropbox prompts certain users to change their passwords
- Linksys AC600 MU-MIMO WiFi review
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTBid Manager - Intelligent TechnologyVIC
- FTProject Administrator (Agile)WA
- CCProgram CoordinatorVIC
- CCIT Program Manager - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCContract Programmer (Data/File Backup Technology) 160826/P/283Asia
- CCOpen_2pm_29/8_Teradata Database AdministratorACT
- CCContract Senior Web Developer (PHP/Drupal/JAVA) 160808/SWD/vtdAsia
- CCOracle DBA with Solaris experienceNSW
- FTJr .Net DeveloperVIC
- FTSharePoint DeveloperNSW
- FTMiddleware - DevOps EngineerVIC
- FTApplication Support ManagerNSW
- FTTM1 Solution DesignerNSW
- CCData ModellerACT
- CCJunior/Intermediate Drupal web developer - APS Level 4/5 equiACT
- FTTest Lead - HP ALMNSW
- CCITIL- Technical Release CoordinatorNSW
- FTIT Release CoordinatorWA
- CCData/ Business AnalystVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160824/AP/187Asia
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/XML) 160818/P/872Asia
- CCChange Communications ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTData AnalystsWA
- FTDefence Network EngineerACT