Neiman Marcus has revised downward the number of credit and debit cards exposed in a data breach, from 1.1 million to 350,000, according to a notice posted Friday on its website.
The source code for an Android mobile banking Trojan app was released on an underground forum, making it possible for a larger number of cybercriminals to launch attacks using this kind of malware in the future.
The number of mobile apps infected with malware in Google's Play store nearly quadrupled between 2011 and 2013, a security group has reported.
A newly discovered variant of the notorious Zeus banking trojan is disguising a crucial configuration code in a digital photo, a technique known as steganography.
Technical details about a vulnerability in Linksys routers that's being exploited by a new worm have been released Sunday along with a proof-of-concept exploit and a larger than earlier expected list of potentially vulnerable device models.
A self-replicating program is infecting Linksys routers by exploiting an authentication bypass vulnerability in various models from the vendor's E-Series product line.
A cyberattack against the Veteran of Foreign Wars website, believed to have been initiated in China, may have sought to spy on U.S. military members, security company FireEye said Thursday.
Hackers are circulating credentials for thousands of FTP sites and appear to have compromised file transfer servers at The New York Times and other organizations, according to a security expert.
A cyberespionage operation that used highly sophisticated multi-platform malware went undetected for more than five years and compromised computers belonging to hundreds of government and private organizations in more than 30 countries.
A new exploit that prompted Adobe to release an emergency patch for Flash Player was used in targeted attacks that distributed malware designed to steal log-in credentials for email and other online services, according to researchers from antivirus f...
Lodgers at Holiday Inns, Marriott and Renaissance hotels may have had their payment card details compromised following a new disclosure on Monday of suspected point-of-sale device attacks.
Retailers will face an increased risk of data breaches after Microsoft ends support for Windows XP, a version of which powers the majority of modern cash registers, security vendor Symantec warned in a report published Monday.
Belgian cryptographer Jean-Jacques Quisquater had his personal computer infected with malware as the result of a targeted attack that's believed to be related to a security breach discovered last year at Belgian telecommunications group Belgacom. Acc...
Hackers found a new way to slip past security software and deliver Zeus, a long-known malicious software program that steals online banking details.
Payment card data was stolen during the past three months from several dozen retailers that had their point-of-sale systems infected with a memory-scraping malware program called ChewBacca.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Traffic tickets got you down? This robo-lawyer has already saved users $4 million
- Resold hard drives on eBay, Craigslist are often still ripe with leftover data
- Too many IoT networks? Cisco just bet on this one
- Senator stalls intelligence funding bill over surveillance concerns
- Facebook takes a swing at Pinterest with Chrome extensions
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCDevOps /Systems AdministratorQLD
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Applications SpecialistQLD
- FTMobility Developer x 2 - iOS and Android positions available!NSW
- CCOffice 365 Project ManagerNSW
- CCContract Programmer (IT Security/Website Admin) 160617/P/564Asia
- CCSales Specialist - DigitalNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Linux/MySQL/Oracle) 160630/SA/254Asia
- CCTibco DeveloperWA
- CCArchitect (AWS)NSW
- CCInfrastructure ArchitectACT
- CCSharePoint AdministratorNSW
- CCProgram Controls ManagerACT
- CCEnvironment Manager - POSVIC
- CCSolution Analyst - CloudVIC
- FTPractice Lead - InsuranceNSW
- CCLinux Systems AdministratorVIC
- FTAndroid Technical Lead (Work From Home 2-3 Days)NSW
- CCNetwork EngineerACT
- CCMidrange Technical ArchitectQLD
- FT.Net Developer (WebAPI / Entity Framework / SQL Server)NSW
- CCSolution DesignerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160617/AP/623Asia
- CCHelpdesk (Level 1 Support)QLD
- CCx2 AEM Frontend/UI DevelopersVIC