The stolen credit card numbers of millions of Target shoppers took an international trip -- to Russia.
Microsoft's "Patch Tuesday" set of monthly software patches is so minimal for January that at least one security firm is suggesting that IT shops first tend to recently issued patches for more severe vulnerabilities found in Oracle Java, Adobe Flash ...
What's the downside to successfully stealing 40 million credit card numbers from Target? Trying to sell the data.
The CEO of retailer Target revealed Saturday in an interview that the company's point-of-sale (PoS) systems were infected with malware, confirming what security experts suspected since the massive data breach was announced in mid-December.
A deeper look by Cisco Systems into the cyberattack that infected Yahoo users with malware appears to show a link between the attack and a suspicious affiliate traffic-pushing scheme with roots in Ukraine.
Land-based terminals that send data to satellites may pose a soft target for hackers, an analysis from a computer security firm shows.
A new Trojan program is targeting users of the popular online role-playing game World of Warcraft and is capable of hijacking accounts even if their owners use two-factor authentication.
A team of malware developers is preparing to sell a new ransomware program that encrypts files on infected computers and asks victims for money to recover them, according to a volunteer group of security researchers who tracked the development of the...
A new malware program that functions as a module for the Apache and Nginx Web servers is being sold on cybercrime forums, according to researchers from security firm IntelCrawler.
Most webcams have a warning light that indicates when they're active, but it's possible for malware to disable this important privacy feature on older Mac computers, according to research from Johns Hopkins University (JHU) in Baltimore.
Attackers are compromising Linux and Windows systems to install a new malware program designed for launching distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) attacks, according to researchers from the Polish Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT Polska).
An Android botnet found in South Korea that steals text messages may be one of the largest and most advanced mobile malware operations discovered, according to security vendor FireEye.
Attackers exploited a vulnerability in Adobe ColdFusion to install data-stealing malware that works as a module for Microsoft's Internet Information Services (IIS) Web server software.
A fake antivirus program in circulation uses at least a dozen stolen digital code-signing certificates, indicating cybercriminals are increasingly breaching the networks of software developers, Microsoft wrote on Sunday.
If you get a spam message advertising an application called "Bitcoin Alarm," the name may tell you all you need to know.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Gain access to an ARM server running Linux OS, through the cloud
- SMS-based two-factor authentication may be headed out the door
- Intel is developing AR smart glasses for interactive collaboration
- Kimpton Hotels is investigating a possible payment card breach
- Verizon's Yahoo deal creates tracking powerhouse, privacy groups warn
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- FTProduct Owner - MarketingNSW
- CCSenior Systems SpecialistNSW
- FTDefence Network Architect | NV2ACT
- CCChange Portfolio ManagerNSW
- CCMiddleware ConsultantVIC
- FTFull Stack DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java/SQL) 160721/AP/624Asia
- FTCloud EngineerVIC
- CCProject Manager - Change/Transformation/Project DeliveryNSW
- CCProject Manager- Infrastructure and App Roles- Gov BackgroundNSW
- FTSCCM Applications PackagerWA
- CCSQL DeveloperNSW
- FTEmbedded Software EngineerWA
- CCDatabase developer/ModellerACT
- CCStrategic Business AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Data ArchitectNSW
- FTSystems EngineerNSW
- CCPortfolio ManagerVIC
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerACT
- CCSAP Payroll Implement/Migration Project Manager/ SpecialistNSW
- FTProject Coordinator- NSW Government - reform BackgroundNSW
- FTBusiness Intelligence - Policy and Governance ManagerNSW
- CCUX / UI Visual DesignerNSW
- CCProject Coordinator/ Jr Business Analyst- Govt backgroundNSW