South Korean organizations that conduct research on international affairs, national security and Korean unification are under siege from cyberspies whose attack may have its origins in North Korea.
Android malware is following in the footsteps of Windows malware with attackers adopting some of the same distribution and monetization techniques despite the major differences between the platforms.
The spike in the number of clients using the Tor anonymity network was likely caused by a botnet, according to Tor and third-party security researchers.
Following through on an order earlier this year from U.S. President Barack Obama, the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) is rapidly developing a set of guidelines and best practices to help organizations better secure their IT syst...
The cyberattack that resulted in nytimes.com and some other high-profile websites being inaccessible to a large number of users Tuesday started with a targeted phishing attack against a reseller for Melbourne IT, an Australian domain registrar and IT...
Recent versions of Orbit Downloader, a popular Windows program for downloading embedded media content and other types of files from websites, turns computers into bots and uses them to launch distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) attacks, according to...
A malicious software tool perhaps most famously used to hack RSA's SecurID infrastructure is still being used in targeted attacks, according to security vendor FireEye.
A new variant of the Ramnit financial malware is using local Web browser injections in order to steal log-in credentials for Steam accounts, according to researchers from security firm Trusteer.
The capabilities of malware targeting the market-leading Android platform are mimicking those of Trojans that have wrung profits from Windows PC users for years, a new study shows.
Cybercriminals were quick to integrate a newly released exploit for a Java vulnerability patched in June into a tool used to launch mass attacks against users, an independent malware researcher warned.
Cybercriminals are controlling malware on Android devices through a Google service that enables developers to send messages to their applications, according to security researchers from antivirus vendor Kaspersky Lab.
Internet Explorer proved to be the biggest security concern for Microsoft in the last month, with the browser spurring 11 of the 19 critical vulnerabilities the company issued in August's "Patch Tuesday" set of software fixes.
Mobile ad networks can provide a loophole to serve malware to Android devices, according to researchers from security firm Palo Alto Networks who have found new Android threats being distributed in this manner.
The Chinese hacker group that broke into the computer network of The New York Times and other high-profile organizations, including defense contractors, has launched new attacks following a few months of inactivity, according to researchers from secu...
The TOR Project is advising that people stop using Windows after the discovery of a startling vulnerability in Firefox that undermined the main advantages of the privacy-centered network.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Apple offers views on automated car policy, but cagey about its plans
- Watch Dogs 2 review: A fresh, interesting rebirth that ditches the stale Ubisoft formula
- How to shoot a drone out of the sky
- Microsoft's "Holoportation" will virtually beam you into another room
- Russia claims it foiled a cyber attack from a foreign spy service
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPSharePoint DeveloperACT
- CCSenior Networks EngineerVIC
- FTSenior Security and Risk ConsultantNSW
- CCBusiness Systems AnalystVIC
- FTDevOps EngineerQLD
- CCApplication Blueprinting Engineer ( Developer).ACT
- TPFull Stack .NET DeveloperWA
- CCSales Support AssociateNSW
- CCIngres DeveloperQLD
- CCApplication Blueprinting Engineer ( Developer).ACT
- CCUX DesignerNSW
- TP.NET Developer (Sitecore)QLD
- FTSenior AEM Support AnalystVIC
- FTSystems Engineer - Managed Service ProviderVIC
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- CCInformation Security ConsultantNSW
- FTCommercial Senior Financial Planner - MelbourneVIC
- TPIT Project CoordinatorVIC
- CCInfrastructure Security SpecialistNSW
- TPProcurement Support AnalystNSW
- FTBusiness Development AnalystVIC
- FTJava Security SpecialistNSW
- CCDigital Producer | 3 Month Contract roleNSW
- TPBusiness Analyst - RoboticsNSW
- FTUX/UI DesignerNSW