The spike in the number of clients using the Tor anonymity network was likely caused by a botnet, according to Tor and third-party security researchers.
Following through on an order earlier this year from U.S. President Barack Obama, the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) is rapidly developing a set of guidelines and best practices to help organizations better secure their IT syst...
The cyberattack that resulted in nytimes.com and some other high-profile websites being inaccessible to a large number of users Tuesday started with a targeted phishing attack against a reseller for Melbourne IT, an Australian domain registrar and IT...
Recent versions of Orbit Downloader, a popular Windows program for downloading embedded media content and other types of files from websites, turns computers into bots and uses them to launch distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) attacks, according to...
A malicious software tool perhaps most famously used to hack RSA's SecurID infrastructure is still being used in targeted attacks, according to security vendor FireEye.
A new variant of the Ramnit financial malware is using local Web browser injections in order to steal log-in credentials for Steam accounts, according to researchers from security firm Trusteer.
The capabilities of malware targeting the market-leading Android platform are mimicking those of Trojans that have wrung profits from Windows PC users for years, a new study shows.
Cybercriminals were quick to integrate a newly released exploit for a Java vulnerability patched in June into a tool used to launch mass attacks against users, an independent malware researcher warned.
Cybercriminals are controlling malware on Android devices through a Google service that enables developers to send messages to their applications, according to security researchers from antivirus vendor Kaspersky Lab.
Internet Explorer proved to be the biggest security concern for Microsoft in the last month, with the browser spurring 11 of the 19 critical vulnerabilities the company issued in August's "Patch Tuesday" set of software fixes.
Mobile ad networks can provide a loophole to serve malware to Android devices, according to researchers from security firm Palo Alto Networks who have found new Android threats being distributed in this manner.
The Chinese hacker group that broke into the computer network of The New York Times and other high-profile organizations, including defense contractors, has launched new attacks following a few months of inactivity, according to researchers from secu...
The TOR Project is advising that people stop using Windows after the discovery of a startling vulnerability in Firefox that undermined the main advantages of the privacy-centered network.
The Windows 8 Secure Boot mechanism can be bypassed on PCs from certain manufacturers because of oversights in how those vendors implemented the Unified Extensible Firmware Interface (UEFI) specification, according to a team of security researchers.
Bitdefender has released a Windows application designed to help users secure sensitive Web-browsing sessions, especially when they shop or bank online. The application is called Safepay and a free version is available to home users.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- You can now use an iPhone to log into a Windows 10 PC, Microsoft says
- Android malware that can infiltrate corporate networks is spreading
- Firefox blocks websites with vulnerable encryption keys
- Ransomware spreads through weak remote desktop credentials
- Linksys EA9500 Max-Stream AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router review
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCPMO AnalystNSW
- CCAcquisition Marketing Executive - B2BNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager | TelecommunicationVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (IT Security) 160928/JP/653Asia
- CCLAN ConsultantWA
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- FTTeam Leader Full Stack, Python, FinanceNSW
- FTInfrastructure Solutions ArchitectACT
- FTTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / ARIBA)NSW
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCSenior Project ManagerACT
- FTScrum Master | High Profile FintechNSW
- FTBackup ConsultantWA
- FTCarrier/ Industrial Network ConsultantsWA
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst -Change and SAP ProcurementNSW
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCContract Web Developer (160915/WD/vmp)Asia
- CCBusiness Analyst - Telecom ProjectNSW
- CCProgram Manager - Data InsightVIC
- FTDesktop/Application SupportVIC
- CCIT Security ArchitectACT
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- CCTechnical Architect/DesignerACT
- CCSenior Change ManagerVIC