The capabilities of malware targeting the market-leading Android platform are mimicking those of Trojans that have wrung profits from Windows PC users for years, a new study shows.
Cybercriminals were quick to integrate a newly released exploit for a Java vulnerability patched in June into a tool used to launch mass attacks against users, an independent malware researcher warned.
Cybercriminals are controlling malware on Android devices through a Google service that enables developers to send messages to their applications, according to security researchers from antivirus vendor Kaspersky Lab.
Internet Explorer proved to be the biggest security concern for Microsoft in the last month, with the browser spurring 11 of the 19 critical vulnerabilities the company issued in August's "Patch Tuesday" set of software fixes.
Mobile ad networks can provide a loophole to serve malware to Android devices, according to researchers from security firm Palo Alto Networks who have found new Android threats being distributed in this manner.
The Chinese hacker group that broke into the computer network of The New York Times and other high-profile organizations, including defense contractors, has launched new attacks following a few months of inactivity, according to researchers from secu...
The TOR Project is advising that people stop using Windows after the discovery of a startling vulnerability in Firefox that undermined the main advantages of the privacy-centered network.
The Windows 8 Secure Boot mechanism can be bypassed on PCs from certain manufacturers because of oversights in how those vendors implemented the Unified Extensible Firmware Interface (UEFI) specification, according to a team of security researchers.
Bitdefender has released a Windows application designed to help users secure sensitive Web-browsing sessions, especially when they shop or bank online. The application is called Safepay and a free version is available to home users.
Microsoft estimates that 88 percent of botnets running the Citadel financial malware were disrupted as a result of a takedown operation launched by the company in collaboration with the FBI and partners in technology and financial services. The opera...
Malware writers are increasingly considering the Tor anonymity network as an option for hiding the real location of their command-and-control (C&C) servers, according to researchers from security firm ESET.
Citadel malware is installed on over 20,000 PCs in Japan and actively sending financial information it harvests to servers abroad, according to security software vendor Trend Micro.
An increasing number of Android phones are infected with mobile malware programs that are able to turn the handsets into spying devices, according to a report from Kindsight Security Labs, a subsidiary of telecommunications equipment vendor Alcatel-L...
Despite the significant Java security improvements made by Oracle during the past six months, Java vulnerabilities continue to represent a major security risk for organizations because most of them have outdated versions of the software installed on ...
More fixes are appearing for a pair of highly dangerous vulnerabilities exposed earlier this month in the Android mobile operating system.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Qualcomm flaw puts millions of Android devices at risk
- US trade body investigates seven smartphone companies
- Maps of Google and other services could require security clearance in India
- Google, Honeywell resolve patent dispute over Nest thermostats
- FTTN revenue begins to trickle in for NBN
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCFull Stack Developer - Java - Blue Chip CompanyNSW
- FTDesktop SupportNSW
- CCITIL Environment, Configuration, Release Manager- Banking/GovtNSW
- FTSoftware (.Net) DeveloperACT
- FTApplication Team Lead | Billing & CreditVIC
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- FTTechnical Writer - Sydney BasedNSW
- CCInteraction & Visual - Web DesignerNSW
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- CCScrum MasterNSW
- CCIBM Sterling Developer + IBM Sterling Team LeaderNSW
- CCSenior Enterprise Architect - eCommerceVIC
- CCEnvironment AnalystVIC
- CCSr. Net DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Technical WriterVIC
- CCOperational Team LeadVIC
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- FTLevel 2 IT Field Systems Engineer/Administrator - Multiple opportunitiesNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle/Unix) 160509/AP/395Asia
- FTPHP/MySQL DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Technical ConsultantVIC
- CCInfrastructure Solution Designer - Oracle Exadata/ExalogicVIC
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Australian Systems Integrator - Immediate interviewNSW
- CCFront End Developer x 2QLD